2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Short Program

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Really disappinted in LIu. I expected far more artistically and technically. She may be first but a real disappointment. I was thinking she would challenge the Russians but this won't cut it despite Russia struggling in some ways.
I'm afraid we'll have to disagree. I love this SP for Alysa, it suits her style and abilities and she really sells it. Her PCS scores are higher than they've ever been internationally. And they're only going to get higher imo. I think that, for now, it's a given that the Russians are likely to win the top spots at their respective GP's, whether Liu competes 3 Axels and/or Quads or not. But if Alysa continues with her current upward trajectory, she is not going to go down without a fight. Especially at the Olympics.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alysa is the best senior woman we have at the moment, she has won two consecutive competitions and is on her way to the Nebelhorn title, securing the 3rd spot. Also if Lindsay can secure her minimums at a senior B, she would also be my pick for the team at the moment.

I want Karen to get the third spot since her Worlds placement was so high but she underperformed at the Autumn Classic so I hope she can get it together soon.

As for Bradie/Mariah/Amber, we will have to see what they put out later this fall.

Zora

On the Ice
There is always talk about Alysa's 3A oder 4Lz, but I don't care about those jumps, her skating just makes me happy with or without these elements. :) The music choice is perfect, the program reminds me of the days Yuna und Mao competed...

MaHa75

On the Ice
Kurakova clearly lacked training at Worlds because of covid. Her jumps wasn't there. But she did well last week at Lombardia so surely she is one of the contenders.
With training possibilities everithing was all right! She trained in Egna with Lorenzo group. In words it was lack of nerves...she never has big jumps and if you are nervous and try to jump very carefully it means ypu dont have speed and fall on jumps.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
The music choice is perfect, the program reminds me of the days Yuna und Mao competed...
Ah, an intellectual. (Truth be told, there's something that doesn't quite click for me with Liu, I think she's a bit childish still - but the SP is such a nice throwback to those days).

MaHa75

On the Ice
Josephine has a horrible music for her SP:frown:, but skated very well.:) Happy for her.
I am probably the only one who does not like her style of skating! Its not feminine and beaitiful. Its too agressive and scaring...even robust! Yes its diferent...but it does not mean its cool!

Reactions: ana

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
With regards to Alysa's scoring, the Russian technical controller was clearly nitpicking. On what planet was that flip on an outside edge? Flips are not supposed to be on a "clear" inside, rather only slightly inside.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am probably the only one who does not like her style of skating! Its not feminine and beaitiful. Its too agressive and scaring...even robust! Yes its diferent...but it does not mean its cool!
Not all women's skating has to be feminine and "beautiful." Everyone is different and I actually welcome someone with a different style, it helps break up all the same old stuff from almost every other woman out there. It's not about being cool and that's the wonderful thing, we can all have differing opinions on skaters and they're all still great in their own way.

auser

Record Breaker
Not all women's skating has to be feminine and "beautiful." Everyone is different and I actually welcome someone with a different style, it helps break up all the same old stuff from almost every other woman out there. It's not about being cool and that's the wonderful thing, we can all have differing opinions on skaters and they're all still great in their own way.
This is one of my favorite things about watching skating.:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, very fortunately we're now in the 21st century where women can skate how they like instead of having to conform to some sexist dinosaur standard of being "feminine" (?) and "beautiful".

MaHa75

On the Ice
I agree there can be different styles but overall should be aesthetic...
This is my rights to say i dodnt like it what I saw. And its not even the program but more how she presented it. But its her style and let it be...people can be diferent i am ok with that. But in judges panel i think some of them think as I am 😊

Reactions: ana

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I agree there can be different styles but overall should be aesthetic...
This is my rights to say i dodnt like it what I saw. And its not even the program but more how she presented it. But its her style and let it be...people can be diferent i am ok with that. But in judges panel i think some of them think as I am 😊
This is what I said. Everyone has right to agree to disagree with opinion, but it still doesn't make her a bad or odd skater, she is just different and that is okay. And IDK and IDC about the judge part.