2021 NHK Trophy Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 NHK Trophy Entries

16Olympics

On the Ice
I think I'm just going to pencil in my predictions until right before the first program starts. Such a shame for all of these skaters but better to do the repair/rehab work before their nationals and the Olympics, I suppose.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to wonder if the changing sport is the curse. The emphasis of trick jumps over artistry is depressing for us old folks that remember skating in the last century. Nathan, Vincent, Shoma, et al are one jump gone bad away from disaster. Sure, there were injuries before the quad...but not like this.....hugs to Ting, Yuzu, and Rika and all the other skaters fighting injuries. Healing takes time, a commodity of which there is precious little of....
Kaitlyn didn’t get a concussion attempting a quad.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I have to wonder if the changing sport is the curse. The emphasis of trick jumps over artistry is depressing for us old folks that remember skating in the last century. Nathan, Vincent, Shoma, et al are one jump gone bad away from disaster. Sure, there were injuries before the quad...but not like this.....hugs to Ting, Yuzu, and Rika and all the other skaters fighting injuries. Healing takes time, a commodity of which there is precious little of....
I think this is at least partially a factor; however, another thing to consider is the pandemic and athlete's loss of training time, conditioning, etc combined with the need to peak this season for the Olympics.

Dawn825

Medalist
Very sad that Sasha is out. I expect Daria will win but its a big opportunity for Young to make the final if she gets second. It could be Alysa instead. I expect Kaori on the podium if one of those two falter.
Vincent shud have an easy win if he skates well, I just hope Shoma is better than he was in America.
Pairs look pretty exciting, with another T/M vs M/G showdown. T/M have all the momentum behind them this season. And it'll be huge for whichever team, the American or the Japanese, that gets a second medal.