2021 NHK Trophy: Rhythm Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 NHK Trophy: Rhythm Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is never good when marks are delayed like this...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Now time for me to enjoy oxygen while I can, see you soon for the women

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I think we all need to accept that there are two competitions at the Olympics. One for gold between P/C and S/K and then one for bronze which I think is a far more interesting battle.
I feel that has been the way for many many Olympics. Two teams battle for gold, everyone else for bronze.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Free Dance is gonna be interesting now! But I have got to sleep, so please cheer for Amber and the others in my absence.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like the dance, except for a section in the middle where the music sort of drones for me. I especially like the duh part.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow scores closer than I expected. I thought Madison got a bit wide on the pattern along the end boards. I will be curious to see the protocols...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I feel that has been the way for many many Olympics. Two teams battle for gold, everyone else for bronze.
I think it would be great if there was more of a battle for gold (more teams) but unless S/K have some kind of meltdown I can't see them not at least getting the silver. More interesting to me is that Nikita should have four ID medals after the Olympics. That puts him in the same conversation piece as V/M.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm always more comfortable with I accept things I'm not happy about. But in the end ID has always been like that for me. My favourites are almost never the top teams.
ermm... yeah... we are very different on that front :) though many of my faves don't get the same kind of love from the judges they get from me... that's why i love them even more...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think it would be great if there was more of a battle for gold (more teams) but unless S/K have some kind of meltdown I can't see them not at least getting the silver. More interesting to me is that Nikita should have four ID medals after the Olympics. That puts him in the same conversation piece as V/M.
i wouldn't go that far... especially if they do not end up winning an Ice dance GOLD. I also feel that if we put all the teams together, with the kind of scoring we see right now, C/B being so close to S/K, maybe that H/D are actually ahead of S/K and that would mean.. gold is P/C let everyone else fight for the two other spots...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
ermm... yeah... we are very different on that front :) though many of my faves don't get the same kind of love from the judges they get from me... that's why i love them even more...
Well.. I was a big Hubble and Donahue fan until they subjected me to too many bad programs and now I don't feel anything special when I watch them skate. Smart and Diaz might just dig themselves out of the hole they dug with me for the Natural woman and Beatles programs combined with a bad OD a few years ago but I'm still on the fence.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i wouldn't go that far... especially if they do not end up winning an Ice dance GOLD. I also feel that if we put all the teams together, with the kind of scoring we see right now, C/B being so close to S/K, maybe that H/D are actually ahead of S/K and that would mean.. gold is P/C let everyone else fight for the two other spots...
I want P/C to win. I like their programs this year.

About Nikita I was talking number of medals. 4 and V/M have 5 (right?). I don't think anyone else has 4 ID medals do they?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I want P/C to win. I like their programs this year.

About Nikita I was talking number of medals. 4 and V/M have 5 (right?). I don't think anyone else has 4 ID medals do they?
V/M have 5 medals indeed, 3 golds (2 ID 1 team) and 2 silvers (1 ID 1 team)

and this is an unpopular opinion for myself as I have never been a huge fan but I am also thinking that P/C should win based on what I have seen so far... but for the other medals.. not sure...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

and this is an unpopular opinion for myself as I have never been a huge fan but I am also thinking that P/C should win based on what I have seen so far... but for the other medals.. not sure...
If I have to predict it now I'm saying
P/C, S/K and H/D
(which is kind of a safe set of choices but ID is usually the most predictable)

I just can't see anyone even touching Russia for the gold. I'm more interested in who they choose than if they win (because they will). I figure the US is a lock for the silver (baring a Nathan meltdown) but the most interesting competition will be for bronze. I'm am rooting for Japan and Italy personally and will be happy if either win.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think it will come down to who hits their levels and has that little spark on the day of the event