2021 Skate America: General Info | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: General Info

katymay

Medalist
I might have an extra bed, large room two doubles, but I am at the Gold Coast. My daughter is bringing her boyfriend and they got their own room.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Today's tip. Be kind to staff members. Restaurants are all understaffed, slowing things down. Maid service only upon request. US military Special Forces convention now here.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks to a low key forum member we shall call "M" who stopped and thanked me for some info. It was nice to meet you! Though I am never surprised at the politeness and good manners of our Asian friends, it touched me. Please stop me again and say your name.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bummer. I am not feeling the love here.View attachment 4438
Ask the hotel. Our hotel at Skate Canada had a computer attached to a printer that guests could use to read and print out "tourism information" (or check email?). They had no problem with me using it to print out the starting orders. They even turned on the printer for me, as it had been turned off overnight.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ask the hotel. Our hotel at Skate Canada had a computer attached to a printer that guests could use to read and print out "tourism information" (or check email?). They had no problem with me using it to print out the starting orders. They even turned on the printer for me, as it had been turned off overnight.

FWIW, for those staying at the Orleans Hotel:

When I stayed there for 2019 Skate America, I did look into how/where to print something within the hotel.
I ended up abandoning the idea, because the costs seemed unreasonable to me, and I could live without the hard copies. (I don't remember what it was I had been thinking about printing.)

There was a fee to use the hotel computers that were attached to a hotel printer.
Plus there was an extra fee for each page printed.
(I don't remember the exact amounts of the fees.)

Again, I have no idea what fees (if any) would be in effect at this time.​

I know that at many hotels, printing is easy and complimentary.
No such luck at the Orleans -- at least not in 2019.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FWIW, for those staying at the Orleans Hotel:

When I stayed there for 2019 Skate America, I did look into how/where to print something within the hotel.​
I ended up abandoning the idea, because the costs seemed unreasonable to me, and I could live without the hard copies. (I don't remember what it was I had been thinking about printing.)​
There was a fee to use the hotel computers that were attached to a hotel printer.​
Plus there was an extra fee for each page printed.​
(I don't remember the exact amounts of the fees.)​
Again, I have no idea what fees (if any) would be in effect at this time.​

I know that at many hotels, printing is easy and complimentary.
No such luck at the Orleans -- at least not in 2019.
I think I know a local who will have a hard copy I can take a pic of. Orgs don't understand old people who like paper you can write on and not have a phone in your hand all the time. The undisputed biggest fan here who is a big doner has a flip phone

moriel

Record Breaker
Heya folks, random question, do we have any youtube / vk and so on non vpn friendly streams?
me wants to watch from work computer while pretending I work, and one can't simply install a crappy bitcoin mining vpn on a work computer

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Usually links to livestreams, on YouTube or VK, will show up on each thread about the time the event starts :pray: if we are lucky!🍀🤞🍀🤞

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Going to be in bed when this starts, so this is a placeholder. (Don't want to start a thread myself, or so early, so this seemed to be the most appropriate place to post this).

The Gala starts in 5 hours from now.

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the ISU YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avay9PKiiMw

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the Eurosport Player:
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/videos/eurosport/figure-skating-grand-prix-1988029

Here is the Time Schedule of the Gala:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2825706

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: