2022-2023 Italian Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022-2023 Italian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Charlene and Marco win gold and secure their place in the GPF final! What a great FD for them and a new PB too. I must admit I was nervous to see them going against the home team F/G, but they kept their cool and triumphed. They are only the 3rd Italian skaters to win more than 1 GP title, the others being Fusar Poli/Margaglio and Carolina Kostner, so they are in good company!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Congratulations to Rebecca and Filippo on their first ever GP medal and it's gold! It's official that they and Daniel Grassl have now qualified to the GPF!

Here's Ondrej Hotarek's post congratulating them for continuing the history of GP pairs golds for Italy:

Andrea82

Medalist
National Ice Dance ranking published by FISG ahead of Nationals

So they count the "gara nazionale" too. I wasn't sure about it.

1) Guignard/Fabbri 212.80 (Lombardia Trophy + Sheffield)
2) Manni/Rothlisberger 169.07 (Mezzaluna Cup + 2nd National Event)
3) Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky 163.96 (Pavel Roman Memorial + 2nd National Event)
4) Dozzi/Papetti 163.35 (Open d'Andorra + Golden Spin)
5) Leccardi/Della Torre 150.120 (Lombardia Trophy + Nebelhorn Trophy)

Junior

1) Tali/Frasca 150.01
2) Galimberti/Mandelli 138.94
3) Pizzorni/Bucciarelli 125.80
4) Finelli/Pedesini 122.21
etcetera (the 4 other couples are ranging from 59 to 88)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
if Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky could be near their previous shape they could edge Manni/Rothlisberger. i guess we'll know in a couple of days

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
congratulations to our national champions Lara Naki Gutman, Matteo Rizzo, Conti/Macii and Guignard/Fabri. a shout out to Nikolaj Memola, who got silver and won the free skate, and to Beccari/Guarise, who got bronze with an outstanding performance. sadly Daniel melted down in the free (still heartbroken for him)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
congratulations to our national champions Lara Naki Gutman, Matteo Rizzo, Conti/Macii and Guignard/Fabri. a shout out to Nikolaj Memola, who got silver and won the free skate, and to Beccari/Guarise, who got bronze with an outstanding performance. sadly Daniel melted down in the free (still heartbroken for him)
I feel really sad for Daniel. He just needs to regroup and realize, he won a Grand prix gold and made it to the Grand prix final that is a huge accomplishment.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am very happy for Matteo, sorry for Daniel (for whom is was possibly too soon after), pleased also for Nikolaj which also makes me happy fpr the future, Gabriele was his usual chaotic self but it lead to a medal! Glad to see that other Matteo is doing well in his new partnership, I am happy for Sara and Niccolo. It must be hard for Rebecca and filippo to remain the second pair. Ice Dance was pretty predictable as Charlene and Marco are in a class of their own in this field. Now it is time for some relaxation. Come on Daniel, I am sure you can redeem yourself later!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I feel really sad for Daniel. He just needs to regroup and realize, he won a Grand prix gold and made it to the Grand prix final that is a huge accomplishment.
24 hours later i'm still sad :LOL: Daniel accomplished so much but no one is a machine, i know and i'm proud of him no matter what.
I am very happy for Matteo, sorry for Daniel (for whom is was possibly too soon after), pleased also for Nikolaj which also makes me happy fpr the future, Gabriele was his usual chaotic self but it lead to a medal! Glad to see that other Matteo is doing well in his new partnership, I am happy for Sara and Niccolo. It must be hard for Rebecca and filippo to remain the second pair. Ice Dance was pretty predictable as Charlene and Marco are in a class of their own in this field. Now it is time for some relaxation. Come on Daniel, I am sure you can redeem yourself later!
i also think he melted down because of fatigue, GPfinals was just last week, he also changed coach and training environment twice in less the 3 months

yesterday

Record Breaker
Just discovered that FISG does/did giphies :biggrin:

examples:
200w.webp

200w.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.