2022-2023 Italian Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022-2023 Italian Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea82

Medalist
In Men Italy have 1 spot in all 7 stages. However, in Egna they can actually enter 3 skaters because they are the organizers. It means they have 9 potential spots in total.
Zich is listed as alternate in the first 3 events. So I would expect Memola, Zich, Nalbone Barison and Barison getting 2 JGPs each. Let's see if they will use the 9th spot. Indelicato aged out (born on November 2002), while Aiden Buttiero Khorev is too young (11 years old). I suppose the main contender for that spot would be Gabriel Renaldi if he is still skating.

In Women, they have 1 spot in 6 events (missing Riga). Effectively it means 9 spots (with 3 entries in Egna). Agostinelli and Minighini got the first stages. Alternates for Courchevel and Ostrava are Anna Bodrone and Ester Schwarz. Assuming that Anna Pezzetta will get 2 spots, the other spots will go to those 4 girls with one limited to only one JGP.

Pairs: do we have one pair?! Montan/Clerici split and he is now skating with Väänänen (sitting out for one season).

Ice Dance: 1 spot in 5 events + 2 extra in Egna mean 7 spots overall. However, Bonetti/Ventura were entered in Courchevel and already withdrew without being replaced. The fact there aren't alternates for Galimberti/Mandelli in Riga is not encouraging.
I see Tali/Frasca updated their ISU bios with new programs (Piazzolla...), so they are still active.
Kirichenko/Pellegrini are still together? They didn't compete in last part of last season either.
Finelli/Fadini were in the recent group pics of BFP's summer camps.

I totally forgot about Ginevra Negrello still being eligible for JGPs.

JGP Yerevan

Women: Negrello
Men: Barison
Dance: Tali/Frasca

Andrea82

Medalist
Anna Pezzetta is assigned to Junior GP Gdansk #1.
Subs include Anita Gemelli and Giulia Barucchi. So along with Anna Bodrone and Ester Schwarz, there are 2 girls for the last 2 JGP spots.
I assume Pezzetta and Negrello will get a second assignment.

Men is going as predicted. Raffaele Zich has got Gdansk#1.

Gdansk #1's Ice Dance spot has gone to Laura Finelli/Matteo Pedesini. Italy doesn't have a spot in Gdansk#2. So there are only the 3 Egna ones left to assign.
I would assume Galimberti/Mandelli and Tali/Frasca will get a spot in Egna.
Subs for Gdansk includes also Alice Pizzorni/Massimiliano Bucciarelli. So they may give them the last Egna spot leaving both them and Finelli/Pedesini with one assignment. Last season, F/P were ahead at Nationals but P/B were ahead at Egna Spring Trophy.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Congratulations to Nikolaj Memola on his win at JGP Riga Cup! 🥇 With his silver from Czech skate, I'm guessing this is enough to qualify him to the JGP Final!

Congratulations also to Ghilardi/Ambrosini who kicked off their season with a win at John Nicks Pairs Challenge!

pete

On the Ice
Oh wow, he is like twice her age. Didn't she do pairs before at one point? Or am I making this up :scratch2:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Lots of Italian successes to celebrate at Lombardia Trophy this past weekend!

• Guignard/Fabbri took gold in dance, complete with a new PB in the rhythm dance 🥇 Leccardi/Dalla Torre finished 7th and Manni/Rothlisberger finished 8th both with all new PBs!
  • Nikolaj Memola took his third medal in 3 weeks with a bronze in men's 🥉 while Matteo Rizzo finished 4th, but won the special prize for highest component score!
  • Italian pairs swept the podium, with Conti/Macii taking gold with a very respectable total score of 170.19.
  • Lara Naki Gutmann placed 6th in women's, while Anna Pezzetta struggled in the FS (after a good SP) to finish 12th overall.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
A successful weekend at Nepela Memorial for the Italian skaters!

🥇 for Gabriele with all new PBs and 🥈for Lara! Congratulations to them both for their great results :cheer:

Manni/Rothlisberger finished 6th (with a new RD and TS PB) while Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky finished 7th (in their first competition back post-injury.

The battle for the second spot at Euros and Worlds in ice dance is shaping up to be a tight one.

Best scores so far:

155.79 Manni/Rothlisberger
154.71 Leccardi/Dalla Torre
149.39 Dozzi/Papetti
148.55 Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky

PP/C and D/P have only competed once so far, whereas the other 2 teams have competed twice. PP/C are due to appear at Budapest Trophy in a fortnight's time, along with G/F who are hunting their second Challenger victory of the season.

Andrea82

Medalist
Best scores so far:

155.79 Manni/Rothlisberger
154.71 Leccardi/Dalla Torre
149.39 Dozzi/Papetti
148.55 Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky

PP/C and D/P have only competed once so far, whereas the other 2 teams have competed twice. PP/C are due to appear at Budapest Trophy in a fortnight's time, along with G/F who are hunting their second Challenger victory of the season.

I wonder if we will get a head to head at Mezzaluna Cup next month.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I’m disappointed to see Maria switch back to Russia. I really thought the move to Italy was a great decision for her. As much as I liked and enjoyed her skating she was never going to make a Russian team.

Probably adjusting to life in Italy may have been challenging and expensive. Learning a new language could have been difficult. I thought been in Taurenko’s groups may have helped her settle. I also think she voiced support for Nugumanova in her problems with Rukavitsynbut thinks must be ojay if she is returning to him?

Regardless, I wish the best of luck with her move and look forward to seeing her skating again.

Andrea82

Medalist
Criteria for selection for ISU championships

Ice Dance

For Europeans: at the end of National Championships, the ranking is computed by summing the score of Nationals and the average of the two best scores achieved in international competitions (theoretically it also says national competition but no relevant couple is doing national competitions).

For Worlds and Junior Worlds: at the end of Egna Dance Trophy, the ranking is computed by summing the score of Nationals, the average of the two best scores achieved in international competitions (excluding Egna Dance Trophy) and the score of Egna Dance Trophy

If a couple can't attend Nationals, they can use another score (national or international).
Guignard/Fabbri (top 5 in an ISU Championship last season) can skip Egna and use another international score.

Single and Pairs

well, that's a bit confusing. Italian Federation outdid ISU and published a document with various cut and paste not properly edited making some sections quite confusing.

https://static.fisg.it/wp-content/u...llegato-1-a-Regolamento-22-23-DP-224_2022.pdf

For Europeans: at the end of National Championships, the ranking is computed by summing the score of Nationals and the top 2 international (or in national competitions approved by the federation council) scores

For Worlds and Junior Worlds: at the end of European Championships, the ranking is computed by summing the score of Nationals and the top 3 international (or in national competitions approved by the federation council) scores. One score must be from an event taking place after Nationals.

And now the not so clear part to me.....I gather that scores from Nationals; ISU events and Challenger Series count fully while others count 90%. Not so clear because it refers to point 1 (which have some cut and paste issues). It seems international B events count 90%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.