2022-23 Japan National Championships - Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japan National Championships - Rhythm Dance

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Interesting. I can't remember if either of them got extended lift deduction in their GP series performances this season - did they?

Kana and Dai got an extended lift deduction at Skate America - that lift is constructed in a way that they're always flirting with the deduction. Here at Nationals the lift entry took a bit too long for both teams.

Overall I thought that Saiko/Yoshimitsu, Akari/Takahiko and KoKo were each a bit underscored.

Congrats to Kana and Dai for overcoming last year's disappointment and laying down a superb performance this time!

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Damn, missed the RD because of work and it doesn't seem to be available on FOD yet.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Kana/Dai is clearly the stronger team. The only question is whether Daisuke's body can hold out until 2026.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Saiko went to Misato's designer?
I don't think so. Saiko's and Haruno's dresses are Yuka Orihara's costumes from 2017-2018 seasons.

Haruno's dress (designed by her mother Shizuko Orihara)

Saiko's dress (not 100% certain but likely designed by her mother Shizuko)

If I remember correctly, Misato's costume was designed by Mathieu Caron.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Kana and Dai got an extended lift deduction at Skate America - that lift is constructed in a way that they're always flirting with the deduction. Here at Nationals the lift entry took a bit too long for both teams.

Overall I thought that Saiko/Yoshimitsu, Akari/Takahiko and KoKo were each a bit underscored.

Congrats to Kana and Dai for overcoming last year's disappointment and laying down a superb performance this time!
I feel Akari/Takahiko were underscored, too. They really improved both in skating skills and musical interpretation.
I rather feel the judges were generous with Misato/Tim. They received +0.96 on the twizzles in which he lost control of the rotations (hence level 3) and unison with her.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Rhythm Dance video links (video quality can be increased up to 720p by clicking on settings wheel)

I included KanaDai even though their RD is already available on YT

PlacementScoreProgram MusicChoreographer(s)
1Kana Muramoto / Daisuke Takahashi77.70Salsa: Conga/Rhythm Is Gonna Get You Remix by Miami Sound Machine
Rhumba: Ahora (Emotional Rap Beat Mix) by Isatorresbeats
Samba: Move by Said Mrad
Marina Zueva, Ilia Tkachenko,
Maxim Kozhevnikov, Sarry, Koyo Yanai, Randi
2Misato Komatsubara / Takeru Komatsubara (Tim Koleto)69.96Salsa: Loca (feat. Dizzee Rascal) by Shakira
Rhumba: Hay Amores by Shakira
Samba: La La La (Brazil 2014) (feat. Carlinhos Brown) by Shakira
Romain Hagenauer,
Marie-France Dubreuil,
Ginette Cournoyer,
Samuel Chouinard,
Eva Airapetian
3Nicole Takahashi / Shiloh Judd52.01Mi Gente by J Balvin & Willy William
LA FAMA by ROSALÍA (feat. The Weeknd)
4Akari Kinoshita / Takahiko Tamura49.72Cheap Thrills by Sia
Chandelier
Samba do Brasil by Bellini
Kenji Miyamoto
5Haruno Yajima / Tsutomu Matsui43.63Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha by Petty Booka
Mujer Latina by Thalia
6Saiko Kikuchi / Yoshimitsu Ikeda42.41Despacito by Luis Fonsi (feat. Daddy Yankee)
Havana by Camila Cabello (feat. Young Thug)

Last edited: