2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
It won't help her to jump quads again unfortunately.
i don't think that her priority right now. from what came out , she is putting her hewlth first . i think sasha grew up after the olympics. she also had the time to talk with other skaters ect. rumors say the reason she left is because the training is too much for her injured back. and since we all know eteri and co give zero thoughts to injurys and think injured skaters can do the same load of training as before and are appaled when said skaters dont think the same way i would guess that that was the last drop that was needed for sasha to say ok i am out . .

Lurker11

On the Ice
i don't think that her priority right now. from what came out , she is putting her hewlth first . i think sasha grew up after the olympics. she also had the time to talk with other skaters ect. rumors say the reason she left is because the training is too much for her injured back. and since we all know eteri and co give zero thoughts to injurys and think injured skaters can do the same load of training as before and are appaled when said skaters dont think the same way i would guess that that was the last drop that was needed for sasha to say ok i am out . .

I was of sceptical about the back excuse because she still performed a cantilever with her fingers touching the ice in the short program.

My thought at the time watching her short program was that she hasn't really learned the program yet. I was sceptical whether she even had a free skate put together.

Just my opinion, but she has gained weight and back injury or no back injury can't jump quads. If she went out and did a free skate without any ultra c it would be a loss of face for her after talking about doing quints 6 months ago.

We can only take it at face value, but in skating they use injuries as an excuse not to lose face like in any other sport. Don't forget too that being in less than ideal shape, carrying excess weight, poorer conditioning makes it easier to get injured, makes the jumps harder, it's a snowball effect.

Kamila also had a vague injury as an excuse but to her credit skated two solid program albeit without ultra c elements. She is still wonderful to watch. But even without the vague injury, I don't see how Kamila would have been able to jump quads with the extra weight she's carrying compared to last season. I'm not shaming anyone about their body, just saying it's not possible for someone with that build to jump quads or jump them safely at the very least. I'm not saying anyone is lying about or exaggerating injuries, but the two skaters with injuries weren't jumping ultra c whether or not they had injuries.

Being an elite athlete isn't something you decide to do in the winter months it's 12 months of the year. Sasha (and Kamila) indulged over the off season and are now struggling, are now more susceptible to injury. Akateva and Petrosyan didn't and will reap the benefits this season by taking gold and silver.

People blame Eteri for Alyona's injuries, but then Alyona goes out and skates an entire summer at shows with a hip injury. There's that story of her ankle swelling up over the summer and someone had to help her force her foot into the boot.

Fried

Final Flight
If she went out and did a free skate without any ultra c it would be a loss of face for her after talking about doing quints 6 months ago.
This is a false Statement!
Sasha never talked about jumping a quint. All she said was that she thinks quints are possible. And when asked, she confirmed that of course she would like to be the first to land one.
This is something completely different in meaning. No one spoke of preparing or aiming for a quint.

Amei

Record Breaker
This is a false Statement!
Sasha never talked about jumping a quint. All she said was that she thinks quints are possible. And when asked, she confirmed that of course she would like to be the first to land one.
This is something completely different in meaning. No one spoke of preparing or aiming for a quint.

Disagree that Lurker's comment is a 'false statement' - when Trusova did talk about quints and wanting to try them, her statement (at least based on the interview I found) she talked about wanting to try them not some general 'i think they are possible' comment...

Article, specific quote about quints below:

"Quituple jumps? I would like to try to learn. If it works, I want to be the first who did it. Not only among women. No one has tried quintuplets yet"

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Amei

Record Breaker
Article

Shcherbakova is going to be cohosting Ice Age with Zagitova and Yagudin - not sure what that means for her competing this season - considering she just had surgery on her knee less than 2 months ago so maybe she's not going to compete this season and take it easy on her knee or maybe she'll be competing after the new year in Channel One Cup and whatnot...

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's funny you mention professional wrestling because the large video screens where they entered the rink, general promotion leading up to the practice event, interviews, all the drama, was more along the lines of a Wrestlemania than a skating event. I'm sure next year they'll start having pyrotechnics. Maybe turn off the all the lights as Kamila puts the hood over head that would be cool.

Meanwhile the ISU Challenger event was on at the same time at what looked like my local rink with a few dozen people in attendance.

There would be no shame in the ISU going to the Russian skating federation and asking how can we promote our sport better, how can we engage audiences like you do, how can we stop losing money. Skaters will have bigger profiles, more sponsors, bigger prizes. Everyone wins.

When the time is right, Eteri should take her show through western Europe, maybe to the US now that the Russian skating federation has done such a good job of raising the profile of their skaters internationally.
Anna needs to show up at that ISU meeting in a lucha mask. Haha

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those "skaters from other countries" are simple weaker, and are scored as such. Welcome to reality.
Did some quick research. Here are the approximate point differences between the Russian winner and the highest scoring non Russian in the GP events and Olympics. One GP had no Russian participation.

22 Olympics

A decent sized gap in most of them.

The thumpings of 55 and 62 points are Valieva Thrashings™️. Those are obscene gaps that can’t be explained away by favorable judging. Valieva took home her competitors‘ hearts as well as the gold medal in those events. This wasn't one way traffic, this was her car being the only one on the road. And, for good measure, it wasn’t a car but a steamroller.

It‘s the equivalent of a football team losing 8:0 and blaming the referees for the loss. Even the people using that excuse don’t believe it.

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And a question: is is just me or are does it seem that the Russian Premier League has increased the presence of figure skaters taking part in pre match ceremonies and ceremonial kickoffs?

Amei

Record Breaker
Talalaikina switches back to Russia and Rukavitsyn's group.

Talalaikina has confirmed this, she did an interview, I posted it in the Russian skater thread in the speakeasy due to the content of the interview if anyone wants to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.