MONE 💗💗💗👼👼👼

Fall on a 2A?
Didn't see it.
Was blinded by the exquisite beauty and grace 😊

Congrats to both Mone and Ayumi for delivering two strong performances

edit: TP was NOT messing around! Good job 👍

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whoa, Mone and Ayumi tied in the free skate!

Wow! 😲 It's not often you see that happen, never mind for the top position. :drama:

Ayumi has a much higher TES, while Mone has a much higher PCS. So, since Mone has been given the FS win, I take it that means that PCS is the tie-breaker.

Just shows how important having a good SP can be, because that was what ultimately decided the overall winner.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Honestly, I can't see any changes to the standings for the first 3 girls to skate. The gaps are that big that I think their positions are already set in concrete.

But, my goodness, how close is it after that?!

2.71 points covering Jade HOVINE (BEL) in 13th position to Nina POVEY (GBR) in 6th position! :drama: In fact, if you take it further, Jade is only 4.64 points off Lindsay THORNGREN (USA) in 4th position! 😲

This is going to be exciting!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
First of my kids now.

The good thing about having big gaps either side of her is that it means that she can concentrate on her own performance, and trying to get the best score she can, without having the distraction of what other skaters are doing.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ALEKSANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to make of the landing on the first jump. It was one of those landings that you need somebody more expert than me to assess.

The first part of the Combination jump that she did as her second element was a bit messy, but she managed to get the second part on it.

She fell on her third and fifth jumps. But the Combination jump that she did as her fourth element was good. And the final jump she did was just beautiful.

She looked disappointed coming off the ice.

As expected, she stays ahead of the two Turkish skaters.

:cheer: WELL DONE ALEKSANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now for the start of The Hunger Games.

Not heard this version of my favourite piece of skating music, Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna", before.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was interesting. With the two Dutch skaters being separated by just half a point after the SP, it meant they are going back-to-back. And I was surprised by the contrast in the size of the cheers that they each got when introduced. The cheers for Lindsay were much louder than those for Niki.

Then I went investigating, and discovered why.

Lindsay is the local skater. Tilburg is in the province of North Brabant, and Lindsay is also from North Brabant.

Niki is from Flevoland, which is much further north.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately for the local supporters, it was a messy skate from Lindsay.

I don't know if it was performing in front of home fans, or if it was having her main competition for the Dutch title breathing down her neck, but I think the pressure got to her.

That said, Niki didn't have the skate she would have wanted either, dropping behind Stefanie PESENDORFER (AUT) overall (the only change we have had so far compared to the SP). So, Lindsay might just remain as top Dutch skater and win the Dutch Championship.

She does!

Niki scored 86.59 in the FS to go to 137.02 overall.

Lindsay scored 99.83 in the FS to go 150.97 overall.

Given that Lindsay had a fall and Niki didn't, I am actually surprised that the difference was so big. But, hey, what do I know?

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lindsay also competed at the Olympics about two weeks ago, so she's probably very tired

Good point.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at their scores this season, and found that although their SP scores have been pretty similar all season, Niki's FS scores have consistently been a LOT lower than Lindsay's. Niki actually had one of her better scores today, while Lindsay had by far her lowest (which backs up what you said). Yet, there still managed to be a massive gap between them.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And with the resurfacing, that is where my live viewing ends. It's time for food.

I'll pause it an play catch-up on the final group after eating. And hopefully I'll be able to see all of the Pairs FS before the stream goes private. Somehow, I don't think I'll see the Podium Ceremonies.

All the best to everybody that is still to come.

And, of course, particularly Jenni! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's a pity only one of them can be the Dutch women's champion! And that will be Lindsay.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh no! Livestream suspended by youtube, will they start another link?

Sabine

On the Ice
I have the same problem. It says stream suspended for policy violations. Seems to be a youtube bloc

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
This is so annoying. Just as Nina and the final group are about to skate. :(:rolleye: