2022 CS Golden Spin of Zagreb: Info and Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2022 CS Golden Spin of Zagreb: Info and Pre-game Chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Golden Spin of Zagreb is the 10th and final event of the 2022-23 Figure Skating Challenger Series and is scheduled to take place at the Ledena dvorana Zibel in Zagreb, Croatia, December 7-10, 2022. The event will feature all four figure skating disciplines (Men, Women, Pairs, and Ice Dance).

If the requirements specified in the above-mentioned documents are fulfilled, the event will count towards ISU World Standing Points, Minimum Total Technical Score, Challenger Series in Figure Skating Ranking and Prize Money.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014-15 season. Through ISU support, the objective is to ensure the proper and consistent organization and conduct of up to 10 International Competitions linked together within the Challenger Series. The Series gives adequate opportunities for many skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.

To be considered for the Challenger Series, the competition must have at least three disciplines (Men, Women, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) from a minimum of 10 different ISU Members in all disciplines combined.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
both Selevko brother will have a skate off to determine who's going to take uncle Michal's cactus crown! :eek: also chinese pairs :hap10:

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Wow, strong mens field again and large fields in the other disciplines!
What's going on with the CS this season? I like šŸ¤©

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is terrible. None of my babies except Ellie and Danny? Not even as substitutes? Ugh

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They don't call the Golden Spin a kind of "B-final" of the GP's for nothing. There's wonderful skaters in every discipline. This is going to be a fun event although there will be some withdrawals. That's okay.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Disappointed with the Canadian entries... it's obvious our skaters need to get out there... I guess it's cheaper to make them skate at Challenge.... :(

I am wondering why Daniel and some others (not picking on him necessarily) who have qualified for GPF / and /or have had tons of competitions already are going...

And finally, happy to see my boy Edrian on the list... hopefully he gets whatever he is looking for (minimums?)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Disappointed with the Canadian entries... it's obvious our skaters need to get out there... I guess it's cheaper to make them skate at Challenge.... :(

I am wondering why Daniel and some others (not picking on him necessarily) who have qualified for GPF / and /or have had tons of competitions already are going...

And finally, happy to see my boy Edrian on the list... hopefully he gets whatever he is looking for (minimums?)

Entries for this likely were due before skaters knew if they had qualified for the Final. Withdrawals are likely after this weekend.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Entries for this likely were due before skaters knew if they had qualified for the Final. Withdrawals are likely after this weekend.
yup.. this is expected of course. but that won't change the very limited number of canadian skaters.

Sackie

Medalist
yup.. this is expected of course. but that won't change the very limited number of canadian skaters.
It really is bad! The USA has 3 entries in each while CAN has 1 woman, 1 man and 1 Pair. Since Maddie is going why not send one or even 2 of the 'lesser' women along to get the experience and maybe their Mins. Also why not send Conrad or Wesley out again. And we have so many Dancers that could go. LA/LE's events were early and they were improving so why not send them and or one of the teams that only had 1 GP.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I like the list of American dance entries. :) I'll be very interested in that event along with the pairs, naturally. Go Ellie and Danny. Go everyone!