2022 European Championships: Pairs Short Program | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Pairs Short Program

Country
Norway
Well hopefully we will have more clean FS :pray: The gap between 3rd and 4th place is extreme. Thank you all for the company and see you tomorrow for the ladies SP!:thank:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well all Russia needs in the Team is M\G for both, The way they've been skating this season,
The Pairs event is last so won't be that exhausting
If they won't skate for team event they can come to Beijing later, meaning: more time for preparation at home, which is what I'm hoping for T/M.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Music: Variations on the ballet Esmeralda by Cesare Pugni, arranged by Alexander Goldshtein

Red dress / taupe shirt, red scarf, black pants

You're being so kind with the description of that shirt. It's tattered rags held together with sloppy elephant sutures. 😂

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Are you kidding me? So what? GOE it's not a base value, it depends on the quality. This throw today was bad.
It depends of the sum of positive and negative aspects of the element. If there are more positive aspects of the element (like good height, good distance, good in the air, preceding steps or difficult entry, with the music rhythm etc) then negative ones (touch down and that without interruption/pause/stop in the programme), the sum of the points for the element is positive. Nobody is kidding you. It is simple math.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to M/G for a clean, strong SP, but LOL/SMDH at the PCS scoring for Russia in this event in general.

- personal PCS best 37.57 (previously it was 37.09) for T/M ... with a hand down on their throw (which I can't wait to see the +3/+4s for it), also a personal best SP score! :laugh:

- personal PCS best of 37.21 (previously it was 36.72) for B/K... with a doubled SBS 3S, and forwards on the throw

- personal PCS best of 38.02 (previously it was 35.84) for M/G, resulting in a new WR.

Come thru Euro judges!!! :laugh2:
No +4 on T/M throw, but there is one +3, and a lot of +2s. Eh, defo should not be more than +1, unless someone can prove Zhenya did not touch the ice with her hand.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
In to the lead for M/G and that is correct. They won on every element of PCS. I love that programme from them. Moskvina has taken them to a whole other level. They skate with such confidence and belief. I love his slides.

B/K seemed nervous, not like her to double a jump. Even if clean I’d have them 3rd. I was impressed with how they skated at Russian Nationals, they have got their fire back.

I quite enjoyed this competition, lots of entertaining skates. There is a long way back to 4th place. Looking at the Russian Nationals, 11 of the 12 teams scored on excess of 4th place here,

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I looked through others teams juding, and there ia lot dispariarity in scores. Twists that are judges -1 from some and then +2 by others.... Same with Ioulia and Marks spin... It's just weird overall.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
It depends of the sum of positive and negative aspects of the element. If there are more positive aspects of the element (like good high, good distance, good in the air, preceding steps or difficult entry, with the music rhythm etc) then negative ones (touch down without interruption in the programme), the sum of the points for the element is positive. Nobody is kidding you. It is simple math.
I know the rules. It's obvious, that if they represented Netherlands they would get a negative GOE.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't get to watch, just glanced at protocols.

Biggest surprise to me is that Germany has three pairs who met the Euro minimums.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Some protocol gems (other than the pro-Russian PCS personal best shenanigans mentioned above).

T/M continue their tradition of touchdowns on throws that still get good +GOE -- mostly +2's, and even a +3 in this case! :laugh:

B/K's double salchow got the same GOE from judge 4 as G/A's 3S. :laugh: And a 9.75 for IN from judge 2.

One thing I'm SHOCKED at is the lack of 10's for B/K... I would have been certain they would have had one but the judges clearly held back and just gave out 9.75s lol.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
No +4 on T/M throw, but there is one +3, and a lot of +2s. Eh, defo should not be more than +1, unless someone can prove Zhenya did not touch the ice with her hand.

Definitely a hand touch. Def should be +1 at the very best, but really should be 0 or worst because she also nosedives on the landing position and thus her landing position is ugly, and she scratches on the toe.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I know the rules. It's obvious, that if they represented Netherlands they would get a negative GOE.
Well obviously you don't when you don't understand how that exact element got +2 or +1 from the judges. The judges who judged it with +3 and 0 (nobody judged it with negative GOE!) the system defined as a mistake.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It depends of the sum of positive and negative aspects of the element. If there are more positive aspects of the element (like good height, good distance, good in the air, preceding steps or difficult entry, with the music rhythm etc) then negative ones (touch down and that without interruption/pause/stop in the programme), the sum of the points for the element is positive. Nobody is kidding you. It is simple math.

Oh come on now. There were several issues with this jump - the touch down, the form break from nose diving, the scratched toe, the lack of proper landing position even after the touchdown. They get a couple bullets for amplitude/air position, but those are definitely negated by the issues on the landing - and there are no preceding steps (nor do I think it matches the phrasing of the music... although they are a top-tier skating team so I guess they could do the throw anywhere in their program and people will say it gets the matching-the-music bullet).

As the other poster said - if T/M were from the Netherlands, 100% their GOE would be negative.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Definitely a hand touch. Def should be +1 at the very best, but really should be 0 or worst because she also nosedives on the landing position and thus her landing position is ugly, and she scratches on the toe.
That is not correct at all. Touch down with one hand has a deduction of -1 to -2. So overall +1 or +2 is more than correct, because landing was not that bad and flow of the programme is not disturbed with it as there was no stop after it. That was literally the touch down (which even didn't look that obvious as Simon wasn't sure touch down even happened at first) and nothing much to deduct.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Agree, it should be about 0.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They really need to have mandatory -GOE at least in the SP. Too many teams get away with touchdown and getting positive GOE while other teams (who are still doing the things to get GOE bullets mind you but not being acknowledged because they're not from a big fed) are getting the same GOE for clean jumps as the Russians get for flawed jumps.