2022 Junior World Championships: Women's Short Program | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World Championships: Women's Short Program

zebobes

Final Flight
This is something that came to my mind as well. Do we need to get worried for them?
I think a year of no JGP means that the Japanese Juniors are lacking international experience, but they aren't in a bad position to move up in the free skate.

labgoat

Thinking about art & life...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think a year of no JGP means that the Japanese Juniors are lacking international experience, but they aren't in a bad position to move up in the free skate.
It's okay. These are fairly new girls and will gain time to develop. Japan has so many wonderful ladies already and not enough slots for them all..

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
This is something that came to my mind as well. Do we need to get worried for them?
Providing the Japanese girls skate their FS strategically they'll be fine
And by strategically, I mean
Rinka should do what she's been doing all season and attempt the 3A
Rion should save the 4T attempt for another day and try to skate clean as possible (she usually makes 1 or 2 errors during the FS so why chance another?)

They're currently in postion to earn 2 JW spots and 7 JGP spots (with the chance for unused spots) which is what I expected and hoped for
It's a step up from what they earned in 2020 so :pray:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Even without the Russians no Japanese at final group? This is confusing in some way. What is happening there?

But Isabeu, the skate was as beautiful as her name.
There was a strong field from 2015 to 2018. After that, well the level declined a bit imo. I once said that this generation is the generation of 2nd chance, the ones who couldn't compete with the strongests who were 13, 14, 15yo at the time and took more time to mature. Hence all the 16, 17, 18yo skaters that we are seeing in JGP and JWC since 3 years.

But the next generation seems more promising.

South Korea is the 2nd biggest competitor since 2019 for me, maybe even since 2018. That was pretty glaring in a JGP (whose i don't remember the name) where there was two Koreans and 2 Japaneses. Everyone skated cleanly in SP. Japaneses got low 60s, Koreans got high 60s, almost 70.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I am too lazy to find out myself, because I can ask you guys :biggrin:. Are there some system how ISU counts who get JGP spots?

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm so bummed I put her like 6th in my predictions which was probably wildly optimistic, but I love her skating. I was so looking forward to seeing her FS, it's amazing.
I know. It is a bummer. And I am not even want to remember my predictions 🤣🤣🤣

mrrice

Record Breaker
Watching Isabeau I am reminded of a young Sarah Hughes. I saw her live at Worlds in 1999. They used to call her "Coltish" and she was certainly growing into her body at the time. However, I saw her again in 2001 and she was taller, and looked like everything had come together. Hopefully Isabeau will have the same success as Sarah as she matures. She's certainly a lovely performer for someone so young and that's a big hurdle right there.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my goodness. Olysa Ray is so short she makes the rest look very tall.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m so excited for Isabeau Levito😁 She’s gonna be the next super star and she’s gonna be the flag carrier for the US women
Just like Alysa. Is it necessary to have these sorts of expectations? Look how it worked out last time.