2022 Junior World Championships: Women's Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2022 Junior World Championships: Women's Short Program

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
Well done Vivien! I love her energy and comitment to the performance. tight on the 3F but really hopping she still qualifies.

P-S: NOOOOO the Lutz got called too, she's 25 th

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
What a nice women's Short! many great skates from Americans and Koreans. Some mistakes from the Japaneese. Loads of skaters named Anna. I predicted the top 4 right so far! Wishing them good skates tomorrow

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
19 Anna Deniz OZDEMIR TUR

Music: Marionette by Shin Jiho

Bubblegum pink dress

2A - slow entry, maybe <
3T+2T - turn inbetween, maybe 3T<
CCoSp4
2F
FSSp4
StSq3
LSp4

She seems pleased

SP: 22.07+19.86 = 41.93 (PB), 11/19
I had just been thinking I haven’t seen a Turkish woman skater in awhile.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, poor Anna Sofia from Romania. That was very hard to watch.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been thinking about things to indicate as hobbies: sneaking into graveyards, watching paint dry, breeding crocodiles, making a complete deck out of found cards, and so forth. Just to make sure that the audience will remember you 😂
There’s a Canadian ice dancer who has as one of his hobbies “watching paint dry” and they read it so seriously. I always get a laugh out of it. I’m pretty easily amused.

mrrice

Record Breaker
When I make the comparison to Sarah Hughes, I mean it as a huge compliment. She did become the OGM winner in 2002. Defeating current world champion Michelle Kwan, and Russian Diva Irina Slutskaya in the process. What I like about Isabeau is that like Sarah, she has a very good competitive mind. She doesn't seem to show nerves and so far, she's been a rock in competition.

Cilla70

On the Ice
Lovely skating in this short program. Scoring was pretty fair, nothing outrageous. Good luck to all the young ladies in the free program.

Cilla70

On the Ice
I say send Isabeau to Jeremy and Massimo and let them do for her skating and speed what they did for Alysa because she is going to need all the speed she can get with the inevitable growth spurts just around the corner.
I agree. As with Alyssa the growth parts will be a game changer. She will need more speed and strength.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I loved Isabeau! When she landed that 3Lz 3Lo, that was a shock to my system. Anybody that lands this jump, get bonus points from me 😍; it is my favourite element and in my eyes, it is an ultra-c jump. I’m hoping she goes for -3T and -3Lo combos in the free skate. She is a class above everyone else and could have been a challenge for even the three Sofia’s (one non-Russian always seems to grab the third spot no matter how deep, in talent the Russians are) had they been at this event. I think the gold medal 🥇is hers, as she has been so consistent this year.

Jia is in a class by herself for silver medal 🥈. To me she is the most talented Korean skater and I look forward to watching her development.

The bronze medal position seems to be a battleground. May the best girl win. I think Ahsun is my favourite overall girl at this competition. So, I’m rooting for her.

Nina’s were underscored in my opinion, in regards to PCS 😭. I would have had the Estonian girl in third place as she was actually my favourite performer.

The Japanese team met my expectations. Those two always seem to falter on at least a triple jump on every skate. If either had skated cleanly, I think the judges would have placed either in third place. Rinka is going to need her 3A for the free skate. But, I have no confidence in her, as she will probably falter on some of the other triple jumps, as well as Rion. I’m just hoping they maintain their two spots. Is that bad? I love the Japanese girls and with the Russians not competing, they really should be maximizing their chances. Again, I may sound like a broken record. But, Japan does everything right minus selection of their most consistent athletes for the most important competitions. Mai should have gone to worlds and Yoshida and Rino M. should have gone to Junior Worlds. At this event, I believe Hana could have challenged Isabeau with her 3A and Rino, my artistic queen, with her superior senior artistry. Either one, could have easily secured three spots for Japan. So, that has me 😡, which is how I felt watching Senior Worlds as I had a gut feeling, Mai would have had a 80% chance at grabbing a bronze medal 😡

Last note, I’m happy for my Canadian girls. They separate the field right down the middle with their 12th and 14th spots. Justine, should move up a spot or two as she is the more talented Canadian girl. The other Canadian girl, I just hope doesn’t fall apart too much as she usually skates a rough free skate. What do they have to do, to maintain two spots for CAN? I’m rooting for them as I did with the Canadian boys, but, cheering for them for two spots.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Lovely skating in this short program. Scoring was pretty fair, nothing outrageous. Good luck to all the young ladies in the free program.
Loved watching this on demand! Thanks to Ted for claming up during the beautiful skating. Gonna be a great free skate.....looking forward to US nats now and seeing how my Korean and Japanese skaters progress over the summer.....

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I also can’t wait to find out which skaters go for:

1) 3Lz or 3F loop combos - Levito
2) 3A - Lindsay, Rinka
3) 4T - Rion

Without the Russians, there might not be a need to go for such risky jumps. Although the Japanese skaters may feel the need to go for broke to catch up. I wonder if any of them will be successful in landing those three jumps. Also, the Koreans will all probably go for same 3Lz 3T, 2A 3T and 3Lz 2T 2Lo combos.