2022 NHK Trophy Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy Free Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
That's what I'm worried about. I love P&P with every fibre inWe my body, they are by far my favourite non-Russian skaters this season.
Well the Danadians score here are quite low behind Piper and Paul as well as the Italians and I think HB as well.

peese

Medalist
Hahaha! I think Canada will be lucky to get one team on the podium. I thought FB/S were the better team here but I still wonder whether LALA will be ahead of them come nationals? Too bad they only have two spots. I thought th is was Chock and Bates year to win gold. The door was open for them and they looked to be the clear faves.
Oh...thanks for reminding me about Lala!!! Maybe a podium sweep then. Thanks again!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Piper & Paul quakin in their boots right now. Bring on Canada Nationals
PĀ² were rather a necessity than a choice for the fed, so now that there's a right team to fully get behind, the drop can be expected.
Oh, and before ppl come after me being sour grapes - it's a simple statement of a fact, nothing less, nothing more. PĀ² always had to fight for everything, so it's nothing new really for them.
Congratulations to FB/S. And Chock/Bates have a lot to think, because those programs are not working in their favor.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well the Danadians score here are quite low behind Piper and Paul as well as the Italians and I think HB as well.

If we look at the FD, Piper and Paul scored 128, GF 127... Then you would have three teams in the 124-125 FBS, FG, CB. HB scored 122

I am talking about the GP scores, not the challengers... So it's quite close... One level, one lift deduction... and who knows what will happen?

GPF will be crucial for these teams to as they will compete together for the only time this year before worlds.

Last edited:

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Man, what is going in with C/B? They improved their program a little and the lifts ARE spectacular, but I'm not really feeling it. The music is still crap and honestly I dont like the new outfits. Something is missing.

Whereas the Canadian's FS has somehow become one of my favourites so far this season. I love Ennio Moriccone and Malaguena Salerosa, that skirt is epic and their skating is so powerful yet smooth. The only thing I would change is, I would add a little bit of colour to their outfits.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PĀ² were rather a necessity than a choice for the fed, so now that there's a right team to fully get behind, the drop can be expected.
Oh, and before ppl come after me being sour grapes - it's a simple statement of a fact, nothing less, nothing more. PĀ² always had to fight for everything, so it's nothing new really for them.
Congratulations to FB/S. And Chock/Bates have a lot to think, because those programs are not working in their favor.
Were you in the arena today?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, I WISH!!! Japan is my dream destination, to add NHK to it? A DREAM :laugh:
No, I'm currently in Warsaw, just departing for the arena for the 3rd day of Warsaw Cup :)
I got my events confused. I knew you were somewhere. I love to read your impressions.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think to make C & B program work, if they keep them is to reframe them - ocean and the earth? On the world feed somenoe said Madi had a yellow smile - I think she probably felt bad for being the one to make errors again and let Evan down.

Zora

On the Ice
I know nothing about ice dance and only watched because I was waiting for the men to start, but my favorites were by far Orihara/Pirinen, followed by Chock/Bates, because I thought they were the only ones who went there all the way with their performance (Green/Parsons as well, but I can't get excited about a Rhapsody in Blue program...). The rest all had a theme, yes, and a strong beginning and a strong ending, but in between it was just the usual boring ice dance stuff. I suppose that's just the style of the Dubreuil/Haguenauer teams?

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I had to leave to get groceries and dinner after KanaDai, will catchup to rest of free dancings after the men!

DancingCactus

Final Flight
@Zora The opposite actually, the Montreal school is known for its refreshing take on IC while mixing it with the highest athletic level. Not "the usual boring ID stuff. But a lot of it comes down to personal taste I guess.

Zora

On the Ice
@Zora The opposite actually, the Montreal school is known for its refreshing take on IC while mixing it with the highest athletic level. Not "the usual boring ID stuff. But a lot of it comes down to personal taste I guess.
I am amazed they have very different programs for all of their teams, always a different theme, different lifts etc., but for me it's often only the beginning and the ending interesting. :shrug: The Chinese, the French, the Canadian team, they were all fading away for me in the middle, getting back my attention at the end. I saw a similar pattern in the Lithuation team, but the music was so different, it wasn't as noticeable. And thinking back even to Virtue/Moir, it was the same to me, interesting beginning and ending. But I guess that's why I usually don't watch ice dance. :LOL: