2023.World Team Trophy Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023.World Team Trophy Free Dance

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was going to say "Bill?"

Come to think of it, I can't think of many Bills or Williams in figure skating.

The only ones I can think of are Ice Dancers William Badoui (AUS) and Billy Wilson-French (GBR).

Oh, and one of my local kids that was competing in the Inclusive Skating World Championships last week. But, he's only 10, so I'm not mentioning his full name.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They're doing it again. Taunting us by playing "YMCA".

Just one problem, though. It's tomorrow that the boys do their FS. It's the girls that are next up today.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

The only ones I can think of are Ice Dancers William Badoui (AUS) and Billy Wilson-French (GBR).

Oh, and one of my local kids that was competing in the Inclusive Skating World Championships last week. But, he's only 10, so I'm not mentioning his full name.

CaroLiza_fan
There's Will Annis from USA!

Oh the Inclusive Skating World Championships sounds interesting! Is it on YouTube?

yesterday

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan
Will Annis!

e: 🐌

icewhite

Record Breaker
Okay, I guess I better don't say much about the scores. After all it's a fun event.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh the Inclusive Skating World Championships sounds interesting! Is it on YouTube?

Yep. It was held all last week, but Tuesday's and Thursday's livestreams got copyright claims from Warner Music Group slapped on them.

Imagine, making a copyright claim against an event for disabled people! :mad:

But, the organisers have been busy posting the individual programme videos over the past few days. And I just checked and saw that all days streams are back up.

There were 3 skaters from Northern Ireland competing. And there were even four Aussies. Although, only one of them, Catherine Quach, was competing in person. The others were competing virtually.

You can find out more in this thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/94909

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So glad to see Madi & Evan get the clean skate they wanted at worlds. I love how her costume really does capture the look of a flame as she swirls around Evan. Doesn't he seem ageless? They move with such flow showing us how a fire starts slowly, builds into a bonfire with sparks and then gradually winds down. Interesting and unusual concept not seen since Klimova &Ponomarenko did the water and the sand to Lawrence of Arabia.

Glad to see Charlene and Marco skate full out with energy and style and his amazing lifts.

Feels wonderful to see Piper and Paul smile so much after illness derailed their season. They seemed to have such a genuinely happy time skating here. The supportive Japanese audience is the best balm for their souls.

Also Kudos to Kana & Dai for getting to skate at home again, to the determined french team Lopareva & Brissaud for having the clean skates that eluded them at worlds and to the young Korean team making a successful jumps to seniors and giving us yet another wonderfully talented team to watch as many older teams begin to leave the world stage.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Loved this group. My one and only gripe is that I liked Canadians more than Italians. The JWC made me into a huge fan of the Korean team and I was excited to see L/B beat Japanese favorites. Totally deserved!

P.S. I missed Will Annis? How?