2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Short Program | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Short Program

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the favoritism scoring in this comp.

Clearly the judges didn't want to give James/Radford credit for their qualities. They took a lot off on tech, and I only saw that Vanessa doubled a triple. Miura also doubled a triple, and they are way up there at 70+ points. Very telling also the disregard that is being shown to James/Radford is how the judges kept them behind the Spanish/Italian team (who were sooooo slow, and Barquero had a very poor position on her death spiral). No way should Barquero/Zandron be in front of James Radford. The fact the judges placed J/R percentage points behind both B/Z and the veteran Italians Della Monica/Guarise is criminal. Della Monica had a fall, and overall, they were NOT brilliant. Della Monica has been having problems all season. Neither D/G nor B/Z should be in front of J/R.

Also, I question M/K being up so high with that mistake. They should be more around 68+ or 69. But it looks like the judges are favoring M/K as a high-scoring team.

Way to go Alexa/Brandon. Still, the judges are quite stingy with the points, making sure to keep Alexa/Brandon small percentage points behind M/K in PCS categories. IMO, Alexa/Brandon, M/K and J/R have comparable skills. It even looked like the judges would have tried to place the middling (but pleasant to watch team) Hase/Seegert in front of James/Radford, if there was anyway they could have. As it is, H/S's score is not far behind J/R. IMO J/R should have scored at least between 64 to 65, with the doubling mistake. Had they skated clean, J/R should have been between 67 to 68.

Too much political scoring, as usual. Par for the course.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I love Ash and Tim, but I don't like Tim's top. I don't like all white clothes, but hey, it won't hold them back.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Clearly the judges didn't want to give James/Radford credit for their qualities. They took a lot off on tech, and I only saw that Vanessa doubled a triple.
J/R got L2 on their twist and their death spiral, the lift was slow, not overly smooth and had very little ice coverage. They also do a Throw Sal, whereas the teams above them do more difficult throws (although the points difference in BV is minimal here).