2023-24 Japan Nationals - Women's FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Japan Nationals - Women's FS

brblja

Rinkside
Without rotation deductions, this would probably go ahead of Mai, but Mone usually has some unders. :/

Isk

On the Ice
Wow, a clean skate finally for Mone! A lovely unusual music choice, nice musicality in the first half of the program, she didn't hurry this time. In the step sequence she lost the music. In the step sequence she goes 2.5 times across the rink! I still think she can skate to a lot more complicated stuff than Dark Eyes or the Legend of 1900. She could do something like Gerschwin or even (G-d forgive me) Brahms -- Poco alegretto from Sy. No. 3 would suit her, I think. A well deserved score.

Last edited:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Maybe I should go to bed… (love Kaori but not her program and expect she’ll do well)

figureskatingandrainbows

Skating is all sunshine and rainbows... right?!?!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic

23. 山 下 真 瑚 Mako Yamashita (Chukyo U)​

Moeyo Ken, choreo by Kenji Miyamoto

3Lz+3T<
3F
3Loq
FCSp4
2A
ChSq1 +1.33
3Lzq+3Tq (fall)
2A+2T (turn)
3S
SSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

SP: 69.92 (2nd)
FS: 122.23 (11th)
TOT: 192.15 (7th)

Those jumps are incredible! Much like Rinka, I think this is a "resting face while I get the jumps done" kind of program, but the end showed just how she can perform. It's a shame the last half wasn't as solid as the first, and her lower spin GOEs will hurt. It will ultimately come down to rotation calls whether or not she podiums, but I really hope she gets some international assignments.