2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
What are you talking about?

Have you read the skaters' IG posts? It does not sound like you have.
Have you read Mariia's IG post? It does not sound like you have.

"Last drop was about interviews with not our opinion, it was opinion of people who redacted it. So sad to live in life full of lie and cruelty around."
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6G85hZrxNs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So in Mariia's own words, the interview @4everchan is referring to, where it is alleged that there was some kind of drama with Diana and Gleb moving to IAM, does not represent her opinion at all.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Have you read Mariia's IG post? It does not sound like you have.

"Last drop was about interviews with not our opinion, it was opinion of people who redacted it. So sad to live in life full of lie and cruelty around."
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6G85hZrxNs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So in Mariia's own words, the interview @4everchan is referring to, where it is alleged that there was some kind of drama with Diana and Gleb moving to IAM, does not represent her opinion at all.
I am indeed referring to the interview. If, for some reason or another, the journalist misquoted Mariia or even falsely represented her opinion, then, that is this journalist being presumptuous, not me. It's very hard for a fan to tell who said what and how and when. In her IG post that you have shared, Mariia alludes to interviews that didn't represent her opinion, how do we know which interview she's alluding to ? Did she specify ? Mariia is clearly unhappy about many things. In her other IG post, she clearly talks about the toxic climate she's lived, including bribes and what not. So she is not afraid to share opinions that go even further than what the "interview" shared. I wish her the best.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I didn't invent anything. Just read the interviews before making such statements.

I think that @throw_triple_flip was referring to what I wrote when I was telling you what my guess had been as to what you were talking about. And I apologise for that.

Boys, but this has really blown up in our faces, hasn't it?

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
In her IG post that you have shared, Mariia alludes to interviews that didn't represent her opinion, how do we know which interview she's alluding to ? Did she specify ?
She had this dialogue with a Ukrainian sports commentator in the comment section under this post:

He: Fatigued Ivan Shmuratko and Artem Darenskyi with Sofiia, fatigued girls are training here at public rinks during the shelling. Everyone, who is trying to train and survive in Ukraine, is fatigued. And you, sorry, are training in the same team with the Russians. And even though it is not your fault, your reaction to new Tutberidze's daugther in your team shouldn't be like this, absolutely not like this.

She: Such a pity I don't deserve even a little support. I think it is wrong to compare one grief to another, we are all going through a difficult time. I am also not sure I should react the way you think I should. I apologise for not meeting your standards. And I apologise for daring to talk about how I am surviving and how hard it is for me.

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Mariia alludes to interviews that didn't represent her opinion, how do we know which interview she's alluding to ? Did she specify ?
See post above by @AlexBreeze

And if you read further through the comments and Mariia's answers and put two and two together you can also figure out what went on behind the scenes. But I don't feel comfortable discussing this here and we shouldn't clutter up this thread anyway, so we can continue via PM or just let it be.
I also wish Mariia and Kyryl all the best in their future!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
See post above by @AlexBreeze

And if you read further through the comments and Mariia's answers and put two and two together you can also figure out what went on behind the scenes. But I don't feel comfortable discussing this here and we shouldn't clutter up this thread anyway, so we can continue via PM or just let it be.
I also wish Mariia and Kyryl all the best in their future!
I am not on IG nor X. So I can often see the post itself but not comments. I don't think I am equipped to figure things behind the scenes and it's never my intention as how can we know really, as fans ?

My original post about this was simply showing how in the end, they wouldn't have to train with Diana and Gleb, which was big news a few weeks ago and had its own thread even. That's all I meant to say, nothing more.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I apologize for saying IG post when I should have said interview. But saying that a poster is "very presumptuous" and "inventing stories"? When in fact, the facts as we know them through interviews support what that poster said?

Not cool.:cautious: Rising to what appears to be some sort of "defense" of Diana and Gleb (I cannot really tell) without all the facts does them no favors.

There is an thread dedicated to the move where perhaps discussion should take place.

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Rising to what appears to be some sort of "defense" of Diana and Gleb (I cannot really tell) without all the facts does them no favors.
What are you even talking about? Why should anyone need to defend Diana and Gleb, when they have done nothing wrong in the first place? They never spoke ill of anybody, they just switched to a new coaching team. What are all the facts?

Aargh, this discussion really ticks me off. I should have stayed in the fanfests during off-season. 😫

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What are you even talking about? Why should anyone need to defend Diana and Gleb, when they have done nothing wrong in the first place? They never spoke ill of anybody, they just switched to a new coaching team. What are all the facts?

Aargh, this discussion really ticks me off. I should have stayed in the fanfests during off-season. 😫

That's what I said I wasn't sure and I couldn't tell. That's what I am even talking about, it's right there in that sentence. :)

But this thread has been diverted enough, and I am at fault for posting here when it should be in the other thread. I will speak no more on this subject.

Sackie

Medalist
I have almost 30 years of experience in ignoring judges and enjoying the perfomance.
They brought in the new scoring system to help with judging which it kind of did until the judges and callers found ways around the system. The main advantage to the new system is that a skater can have a bad short yet still have a chance to medal with a great free. That is as long as that skater is a judges favorite and has done well in other events.

Karoltyna

Rinkside
Country
Poland
They brought in the new scoring system to help with judging which it kind of did until the judges and callers found ways around the system. The main advantage to the new system is that a skater can have a bad short yet still have a chance to medal with a great free. That is as long as that skater is a judges favorite and has done well in other events.
You are right. The new scoring seemed to be the answer but then the judges started to give high goes and pcs to skaters who are just roaming on the ice without much purpose or trip in step sequence but can jump quads no matter how much it would cost them in future. This was the reason I wasn't much interested women singles since 2014 as I knew that the current winner will retire in next 2-3 years due to grave injury. I switched almost entirely to men and pairs because I like to watch a skaters to develop and mature during their career. And yes, I was more impressed with Jason's skating skills that with Ilia's 4A (although it was amazing and I hope that Ilia will someday be a complete skater and sweep me off my feet) and my personal heroes of the Worlds are Josefin Taljegard, Deanna Stellato (whom I remember as a single skater) and Katia Kurakova. And as much as I love Adam's skating and wanted him to podium, it would be sad if he got a silver or gold. But that is a huge offtopic.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have almost 30 years of experience in ignoring judges and enjoying the perfomance.
Agreed, I do too.. but then, it still is very painful to know how some skaters get the judges favour and others do not... based on what ? Worlds were almost okay judging wise... I had very little problems with most of the event : some PCS and GOES were a bit too high but it wouldn't have changed the results. Almost okay because indeed, Ice dance was a hot mess.

Karoltyna

Rinkside
Country
Poland
Agreed, I do too.. but then, it still is very painful to know how some skaters get the judges favour and others do not... based on what ? Worlds were almost okay judging wise... I had very little problems with most of the event : some PCS and GOES were a bit too high but it wouldn't have changed the results. Almost okay because indeed, Ice dance was a hot mess.
Yes, women were fair, pairs were fair, men... well, Ilia had to win, there was no other possibility but not because of his skating but because other skaters messed and yeah, his not that accurate goes and pcs weren't that important. But if Adam had clean short and Shoma clean free and Ilia still won because of the 4A and overscoring that followed, it wouldn't be ok at all. I'm not a fan of ice dance so I won't say much.

Weathergal

Medalist
Molly Lanaghan/Dmitre Razgulajevs (Canada, ice dance) have split.

I'm sorry to read that as I enjoyed their skating. I often thought they were a bit undermarked and overlooked. I'm curious if Molly will continue to skate for Canada or if she'll skate with someone from the UK. I'm not sure what her citizenship status is. Although I'm sure mostly it will come down to just finding a suitable partner. Best of luck to both of them!

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm sorry to read that as I enjoyed their skating. I often thought they were a bit undermarked and overlooked. I'm curious if Molly will continue to skate for Canada or if she'll skate with someone from the UK. I'm not sure what her citizenship status is. Although I'm sure mostly it will come down to just finding a suitable partner. Best of luck to both of them!
She posted here in 2022 that she's a Permanent Resident, so she's almost there for citizenship. Hopefully it'll work out for them, they were together off-ice too.