2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Have a look in the coaching change thread and you will find all the answers :)

I have looked at the coaching change thread, and I'm still none the wiser! :drama:

Unless we're going back months, the only Ice Dance related post in the coaching change thread before you made that comment is about Summer Homick (CAN). I admit that I have not come across Homick before, so is there some sort of drama involving her and Holubtsova and / or Bielobrov that could cause problems now that she has switched to Ice Dance?

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Wow me neither! These Russian ice dancers keep us on our toes. It’s not clear whether they will be skating for the US? The article says it has been reported they will skate for the US but in the end it says they can skate for either the US or France. France would be the better bet as they could easily be the number three team. I had assumed Annabelle was going to try to skate with Ermenko for France. I hope this means Ermenko can pair up with Elizaveta Shanaeva!
she's been released to the US, so she's going to represent them, she's also trying out with Jeffry Chan, France would have made more sense but daddy must have more connections in the US

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have looked at the coaching change thread, and I'm still none the wiser! :drama:

Unless we're going back months, the only Ice Dance related post in the coaching change thread before you made that comment is about Summer Homick (CAN). I admit that I have not come across Homick before, so is there some sort of drama involving her and Holubtsova and / or Bielobrov that could cause problems now that she has switched to Ice Dance?

CaroLiza_fan
It's about Diana and Gleb moving to IAM. The Ukrainian team were not thrilled. Now, they've split. I didn't think I was that cryptic

Last edited:

peepsquick

Final Flight
she's been released to the US, so she's going to represent them, she's also trying out with Jeffry Chan, France would have made more sense but daddy must have more connections in the US
Do you know by any chance what Igor Eremenko's plans are? I would hate for his career to come to a halt. Do you know why Annabelle and Igor split?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The situation she describes is not really an exclusive IAM problem. It's an overall ice dance problem.
And it's very clear from her text that what she experienced in her career started long before they came to IAM ("from a young age" and "from the very beginning of our skating couple").

And while her story is, of course, unique to her, political games and favouritism are certainly not an isolated occurrence within Ukrainian skating (or skating in general):
https://skateukraine.org/post/2020/wrong_ufsf
https://skateukraine.org/post/2020/ufsf_vs_dzitsuk_pavlov
https://sport24.ru/news/figureskati...ate-ssha-intervyu-o-plyushchenko-koronaviruse

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's about Diana and Gleb moving to IAM. The Ukrainian team were not thrilled. Now, they've split. I didn't think I was that cryptic

It was that cryptic to me and @throw_triple_flip. I know I am guilty of talking in riddles too at times, but it is best to just spell things out.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at now. Tension due to where they are from.

I thought you were referring to some sort of love-triangle that I wouldn't know about because I am not interested in skaters' private lives.

Thank you for the clarification.

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Mariia Holubstova made an Instagram post recently where it sounds like there were more issues than Davis/Smolkin at IAM too.

This too

Karoltyna

Rinkside
Country
Poland
The situation she describes is not really an exclusive IAM problem. It's an overall ice dance problem.
It's a general problem in figure skating - I'm old enough to watch Olympics in Salt Lake City live and I remember how angry I was with initial results. Certain skaters were always gravely underscored while other being overscored, event at Worlds this year. ISU just patches a system when another scandal breaks, but they won't address the issues properly.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It was that cryptic to me and @throw_triple_flip. I know I am guilty of talking in riddles too at times, but it is best to just spell things out.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at now. Tension due to where they are from.

I thought you were referring to some sort of love-triangle that I wouldn't know about because I am not interested in skaters' private lives.

Thank you for the clarification.

CaroLiza_fan
you should know better about me. I am not interested in skaters' private lives.... and honestly, it wasn't cryptic at all... it's been discussed quite a lot... it's just that some people have not seen the threads.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And it's very clear from her text that what she experienced in her career started long before they came to IAM ("from a young age" and "from the very beginning of our skating couple").

And while her story is, of course, unique to her, political games and favouritism are certainly not an isolated occurrence within Ukrainian skating (or skating in general):
https://skateukraine.org/post/2020/wrong_ufsf
https://skateukraine.org/post/2020/ufsf_vs_dzitsuk_pavlov
https://sport24.ru/news/figureskati...ate-ssha-intervyu-o-plyushchenko-koronaviruse
yeah.. it's very sad. I understand her feeling very well. In some ways, it can be like this in my field. It's very disheartening when someone knows how hard they work and how talented they are, but also know that they are not the "chosen" ones.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's a general problem in figure skating - I'm old enough to watch Olympics in Salt Lake City live and I remember how angry I was with initial results. Certain skaters were always gravely underscored while other being overscored, event at Worlds this year. ISU just patches a system when another scandal breaks, but they won't address the issues properly.
Very true. Sometimes I wonder why I still bother being a fan.