2023-24 US Ice Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023-24 US Ice Dance

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@labgoat, I'm not sure of the criteria regarding your above list of scores. May I ask why you did not include the Lake Placid Ice Dance domestic event total scores for Flores/ Desyatov, of 176.33, which places them higher on your list between Bratti/ Somerville and Wolfkostin/ Tsarevski? F/D did not attend an international event this season, as they were assigned to only one so far, which they had to pull out of, for unknown reasons -- could be logistical, strategic, and/ or training concerns. The point is, they are a very good team who should not be overlooked, undervalued, or dismissed.

labgoat

Wishing on a star
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@labgoat, I'm not sure of the criteria regarding your above list of scores. May I ask why you did not include the Lake Placid Ice Dance domestic event total scores for Flores/ Desyatov, of 176.33, which places them higher on your list between Bratti/ Somerville and Wolfkostin/ Tsarevski? F/D did not attend an international event this season, as they were assigned to only one so far, which they had to pull out of, for unknown reasons -- could be logistical, strategic, and/ or training concerns. The point is, they are a very good team who should not be overlooked, undervalued, or dismissed.
Criteria - I tried to list each teams best score. Apparently I missed one, I am human. I cannot correct it as I am at work. I am annoyed that you think I would undervalue or dismiss anyone. I was making a chart to help me keep track of the teams and thought I’d share it. I see that no good deed goes unpunished. I will think twice about sharing again.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Criteria - I tried to list each teams best score. Apparently I missed one, I am human. I cannot correct it as I am at work. I am annoyed that you think I would undervalue or dismiss anyone. I was making a chart to help me keep track of the teams and thought I’d share it. I see that no good deed goes unpunished. I will think twice about sharing again.
Please, I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I was simply asking you if there was a particular criteria you were using that I was missing. I appreciate all the work you do and share.

I was referring to the federation moreso, in terms of hoping F/D are not being held back in favor of other partnerships. There are a number of indications that the U.S. federation tends to favor certain teams over others. I am not privy to BTS activities, but I think that F/ D have already had to face a lot of unfair difficulties, so I'm sensitive to supporting and to advocating for them.

Previously, there was a list posted that had all the scores listed, and F/D were not placed in the right position. I mentioned it then, and you apologized. That was awhile ago. I didn't think then, and I don't think now that you are intentionally overlooking or dismissing them. That is again why I asked you if there was some criteria I was missing, possibly having to do with you only counting international scores. If that's not the case, then I'm glad I mentioned it to you. As a caring and supportive fan of F/D, I remember they had a higher score at Lake Placid, which I doublechecked before asking you about this.

For another team, I might not remember specific scores and details, but I did for F/D. I didn't even mention this right away because I thought you might be using some other criteria that didn't include domestic Lake Placid scores.

The thing about this is, the U.S. has so many good teams, and not enough assignments. Teams need to compete in order to improve, so I'm hoping F/D get more opportunities. U.S. ice dance will continue to be a battleground. We are seeing that fact being played out in recent weeks at GP series events.

So once again please accept my apologies, and understand that I was asking as a sensitive fan, and making a general statement, moreso directed to F/D's situation in a packed U.S. field, and to them having missed out, for whatever reason, on receiving more competitive assignments this fall. They are surely continuing to work hard, in order to be ready when the chances do come. They will be at the U.S. ice dance final in just over a week. 🤞🏽🫶🏽

dancelion21

On the Ice
Green/Parsons won third at Cup of China, Pate/Bye placed 4th, and Bratti/Somerville placed 6th. Next week, Chock/Bates, CPom, and Zingas/Kolesnik will be competing at GP Espoo. It will also be the US Ice Dance Final, where the top 6 senior dance teams will qualify for US Nationals and the top 8 junior dance teams will qualify. Entry lists have not been posted yet

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You could have just said "I think you missed one: Flores/ Desyatov 176.33 at Lake Placid Ice Dance domestic event." Better yet, send it in a PM.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Entry lists for US Ice Dance Final have been posted
Juniors
Jenna Hauer, All Year FSC
Benjamin Starr, Charter Oak FSC
Yahli Pedersen, Ann Arbor FSC
Jeffrey Chen, Peninsula SC
Zoe Cialella, Arctic FSC
David Goldshteyn, SC of Novi
Amy Cui, SC of Boston
Kenny Eckert, IceWorks SC
Annelise Stapert, ION FSC
Maxim Korotcov, ION FSC
Jane Calhoun, Broadmoor SC
Daniil Veselukhin, Broadmoor SC
Sylvia Li, North Jersey FSC
Rowan Le Coq, SC of New York
Emily Renzi, SC of New York
William Lissauer, All Year FSC
Olivia Ilin, Washington FSC
Dylan Cain, Washington FSC
Grace Yi, Boise FSC
Danila Savelev, Thunderbirds FSC
Isabella Hagan, All Year FSC
Shawn Hagan, All Year FSC
Julia Epps, IceWorks SC
Blake Gilman, Peninsula SC
Elliana Peal, Scott Hamilton SC
Ethan Peal, Scott Hamilton SC
Kristina Bland, Detroit SC
Matthew Sperry, SC of Northern Virginia
Caroline Mullen, Washington FSC
Brendan Mullen, Washington FSC

Seniors
Isabella Flores, Thunderbirds FSC
Ivan Desyatov, Thunderbirds FSC
Klara Kowar, Aspen SC
Thomas Schwappach, Denver Colorado FSC
Cara Murphy, Arctic FSC
Joshua Levitt, Pittsburgh FSC
Riona Harris, Georgia FSC
Tyler Vollmer, Los Angeles FSC
Raffaella Koncius, Los Angeles FSC
Alexey Shchepetov, FSC of Southern California
Angela Ling, Peninsula SC
Caleb Wein, Washington FSC
Katarina Wolfkostin, Peninsula SC
Dimitry Tsarevski, Peninsula SC

In juniors, we're seeing the return of Hauer/Starr after they missed their JGP assignments due to injury. Carhart/Horovyi are not on the entry list. Not sure what has happened to them, whether it's injury, if they split, or if they're looking to change federations. They are still listed on the ISP, but haven't heard from them at all since Lake Placid. In the senior ranks, 6/7 of the teams will qualify for nationals. In juniors, the the top 8 of the 14 teams not named Pedersen/Chen (since they already have a bye) will qualify for nationals.

Last edited:

theblade

On the Ice
Question: how many junior ice dance teams will US nationals have? If there are only 2 byes (Neset/Markelov have the other one), that's two teams at nationals, plus 7 from the final, what's the total number of teams at nationals in January?

dancelion21

On the Ice
Question: how many junior ice dance teams will US nationals have? If there are only 2 byes (Neset/Markelov have the other one), that's two teams at nationals, plus 7 from the final, what's the total number of teams at nationals in January?
There will be 12 teams total, that's a typo on my end when I wrote 7 from the final.

The top 5 novice teams will qualify for nationals. Novice ice dance will be held as its own event, teams will not be skating up to junior.

Here's the full document with the information

Last edited:

dancelion21

On the Ice
US Ice Dance Final
Videos

Senior
1Katarina Wolfkostin, Peninsula SC
Dimitry Tsarevski, Peninsula SC
2Isabella Flores, Thunderbirds FSC
Ivan Desyatov, Thunderbirds FSC
3Angela Ling, Peninsula SC
Caleb Wein, Washington FSC
4Raffaella Koncius, Los Angeles FSC
Alexey Shchepetov, FSC of Southern California
5Klara Kowar, Aspen SC
Thomas Schwappach, Denver Colorado FSC
6Cara Murphy, Arctic FSC
Joshua Levitt, Pittsburgh FSC
7Riona Harris, Georgia FSC
Tyler Vollmer, Los Angeles FSC

Junior
1Jenna Hauer, All Year FSC
Benjamin Starr, Charter Oak FSC
2Elliana Peal, Scott Hamilton SC
Ethan Peal, Scott Hamilton SC
3Caroline Mullen, Washington FSC
Brendan Mullen, Washington FSC
4Olivia Ilin, Washington FSC
Dylan Cain, Washington FSC
5Grace Yi, Boise FSC
Danila Savelev, Thunderbirds FSC
6Amy Cui, SC of Boston
Kenny Eckert, IceWorks SC
7Kristina Bland, Detroit SC
Matthew Sperry, SC of Northern Virginia
8Emily Renzi, SC of New York
William Lissauer, All Year FSC
9Julia Epps, IceWorks SC
Blake Gilman, Peninsula SC
10Sylvia Li, North Jersey FSC
Rowan Le Coq, SC of New York
11Zoe Cialella, Arctic FSC
David Goldshteyn, SC of Novi
12Jane Calhoun, Broadmoor SC
Daniil Veselukhin, Broadmoor SC
13Annelise Stapert, ION FSC
Maxim Korotcov, ION FSC
14Isabella Hagan, All Year FSC
Shawn Hagan, All Year FSC
WDYahli Pedersen, Ann Arbor FSC
Jeffrey Chen, Peninsula SC

dancelion21

On the Ice
Chock/Bates won GP Espoo and sealed their spot at Grand Prix Final. Carreira/Ponomarenko finished 4th while Zingas/Kolesnik finished 5th. Zingas/Kolesnik confirmed that they will be competing at Golden Spin. Next week is NHK Trophy, where Bratti/Somerville and McNamara/Spiridonov will compete. A fun fact about the season so far is that an American team has placed 4th at every single Grand Prix event. That streak will certainly be broken at NHK though.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Official US Nationals Entries

Senior Ice Dance

• Emily Bratti and Ian Somerville (bye)
  • Oona Brown and Gage Brown (bye)
  • Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko (bye)
  • Madison Chock and Evan Bates (bye)
  • Isabella Flores and Ivan Desyatov (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Caroline Green and Michael Parsons (bye)
  • Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker (bye)
  • Raffaella Koncius and Alexey Shchepetov (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Klara Kowar and Thomas Schwappach (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Angela Ling and Caleb Wein (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Lorraine McNamara and Anton Spiridonov (bye)
  • Cara Murphy and Joshua Levitt (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Eva Pate and Logan Bye (bye)
  • Katarina Wolfkostin and Dimitry Tsarevski (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Emilea Zingas and Vadym Kolesnik (bye)
Junior Ice Dance

• Kristina Bland and Matthew Sperry (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Amy Cui and Kenny Eckert (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Julia Epps and Blake Gilman (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Jenna Hauer and Benjamin Starr (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Olivia Ilin and Dylan Cain (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Sylvia Li and Rowan Le Coq (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Caroline Mullen and Brendan Mullen (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Leah Neset and Artem Markelov (bye)
  • Eliana Peal and Ethan Peal (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Yahli Pedersen and Jeffrey Chen (bye)
  • Emily Renzi and William Lissauer (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Grace Yi and Danila Savelev (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
Novice Ice Dance

• Jasmine Robertson and Cooper Cornwell (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Anaelle Kouevi and Yann Homawoo (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Michelle Deych and Ryan Hu (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Ja Yi Kirwan and Drake Tong (U.S. Ice Dance Final)
  • Clara Fugate and Warren Fugate (U.S. Ice Dance Final)