2023-24 US Ice Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023-24 US Ice Dance

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Akalins were first in the RD in this event but had a poor showing in the FD and came in second overall to Murphy/Lovitt.
Thanks, I saw they were first in the RD, and figured they had won in that limited field. I should have checked to make sure. Thanks again.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Lots of changes in assignments today

Green/Parsons withdrew from Nepela, no substitute has been named yet.

Carhart/Horovyi withdrew from both of their JGP assignments. Ilin/Cain replaced them at their first assignment and Bland/Sperry replaced them at their second assignment.

Wolfkostin/Tsarevski got an article from USFS about their new partnership. They will be competing this weekend alongside Pate/Bye at Autumn Classic in Canada
Nice article on Kaia/ Dima (I have seen her nickname spelled with an 'i' on her IG, so I guess the 'i' and "y' are interchangeable). Interesting, but not surprising that the article glosses over the strange split between Dima & Bella. I wouldn't expect the article to address what actually happened. Mentioning briefly that Dima decided to "take a break," is a polite way of wrapping it up and putting it aside.

Still, those who know that something more serious happened, realize that anyone deciding on their own that they are burnt out, would at least have had the courtesy to explain this to their coach, and above all to their competitive partner. Especially with winning a junior title at U.S. Nationals on the line. In any case, I'm glad that Dima got through the situation with his love for skating intact. It sounds like Dima's love for music and playing the cello, was a source of healing during his time away from skating.

Mostly, I'm happy for Isabella that she was strong enough to recover from the traumatic split. She courageously continued to pursue her skating career. She was lucky to find another very good partner, in Ivan Desyatov, and to further evolve as an ice dancer.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Zingas/Kolesnik placed 4th at Nepela and scored a new personal best. At JGP Poland, Cui/Eckert placed 7th while Bland/Sperry placed 10th. Next weekend will be the last JGP event where the Peals are scheduled to compete. The Peals have an outside chance at qualifying for JGP Final if they can win the event or score higher than 159, though both of those events seem very unlikely to happen. Carreira/Ponomarenko and the Browns will be competing at Finlandia next weekend.

dancelion21

On the Ice
At JGP Armenia, the Peals won silver with a new season's best. This event was a very high scoring one and the Peals were less than 3 points away from JGPF qualification. They are first alternates to the Final.

At Finlandia, Carreira/Ponomarenko won the silver medal while the Browns placed 7th.

Flores/Desyatov withdrew from Budapest Trophy next week. Wolfkostin/Tsarevski will be competing in their second Challenger there.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Yes the USA has very good dance teams. I am looking forward to skate America where Chock and Bates should win barring a diasterous skate from them. I don't expect it . Greer and Parsons I hope would have a better start because they could finish on podium. The young Browns could outside medal if given a decent score. The USA has a lot to look forward and hope for in dance. You add them to the veterans the USA has a very strong and talented. Teams. Hoping for the best and stay healthy.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Wolfkostin/Tsarevski placed 5th at Budapest Trophy.

Next weekend marks the start of the Grand Prix series at Skate America. Chock/Bates will be making their season's debut and will be competing alongside Green/Parsons and the Browns. Curious to see how Green/Parsons have changed their programs since Lombardia a month and a half ago. At a press conference earlier this week, Chock/Bates announced that their rhythm dance will be set to Queen while their free dance is Pink Floyd.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Skate America kicked off the Grand Prix series where Chock/Bates won the event with the highest scores of the season. Green/Parsons placed 4th, improving from Lombardia. The Browns scored a new personal best and placed 7th.

The Browns will be competing again at Skate Canada next week alongside Pate/Bye and Zingas/Kolesnik.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Skate America kicked off the Grand Prix series where Chock/Bates won the event with the highest scores of the season. Green/Parsons placed 4th, improving from Lombardia. The Browns scored a new personal best and placed 7th.

The Browns will be competing again at Skate Canada next week alongside Pate/Bye and Zingas/Kolesnik.
Skate Canada will be an interesting matchup for the younger group of US dancers!

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
About Hawayek/Baker: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy1Ig4RObs8/

Hi everyone, as you might have seen today we announced our withdrawal from the Grand Prix series which was certainly not an easy decision. With transparency, this year has been full of ups and downs for us as a team. We recently took a fall that resulted in a concussion for Jean-Luc. While the recovery is going well, if we have learned anything over the course of our career, it is that concussions are not an injury to rush the process of returning from.

For that reason we are postponing our return to competition to foster the best recovery possible. Our passion to compete is still very much present, we have just had to be more patient than expected this past year. We have our sights set on returning to compete at the National championships where we can come into the event with the best physical and mental health possible.

As always, we continue to feel everyone’s support and that means so much to us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Kaitlin and Jean-Luc

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker

dancelion21

On the Ice
Earlier this week, Hawayek/Baker withdrew from both of their Grand Prix events due to Jean-Luc having a concussion. It looks like they plan to next compete at US Nationals. McNamara/Spiridonov replaced them at NHK Trophy, which gives M/S a bye to US Nationals.

At Skate Canada, the Browns were the top US team, placing 4th and improving by ten points from Skate America. Zingas/Kolesnik finished in 5th while Pate/Bye finished 6th.

Next week, Carreira/Ponomarenko and McNamara/Spirodonov will be making their Grand Prix debuts.

dancelion21

On the Ice
USFS announced the teams who have byes to Nationals this week. In seniors:
  • Madison Chock / Evan Bates
  • Caroline Green / Michael Parsons
  • Christina Carreira / Anthony Ponomarenko
  • Emilea Zingas / Vadym Kolesnik
  • Emily Bratti / Ian Somerville
  • Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker
  • Eva Pate / Logan Bye
  • Lorraine McNamara / Anton Spiridonov
  • Oona Brown / Gage Brown
In juniors:
  • Leah Neset / Artem Markelov
  • Yahli Pedersen / Jeffrey Chen
All other teams will be competing at the US Ice Dance Final in two weeks. The document states that Pedersen/Chen will be competing as well, but will not be affecting Nationals qualification since they already have a bye.

At Grand Prix de France, Carreira/Ponomarenko placed 4th and McNamara/Spiridonov placed 9th. Next week is Cup of China, where we'll see the Grand Prix debut of Bratti/Somerville as well as Pate/Bye and Green/Parsons at their second events.

labgoat

Cheering for the new kids on the JGP block!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Top scores US Ice Dancers as of 11/05/2023
moved here

Last edited:

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
First of all my apologies for not knowing all the wonderful dance teams banes that are skating . I only know a few.
The U S has many wonderful skating teams .

Congratulations 🎈 to those teams for the victory of making it to Nat'ls by competing through regionals and sectionals 🎉.
Chock and Bates is a lock for the title but is 2-4 or 2-10 . So many teams
Will G/P finish 2nd or will it be P/B or Somerville and Spirodov or the Browns.
Scores wise in events show P/B edging G /P for second.

The dance is so good they gave 3 spots for worlds . But who will they chose all have skated well .
I am enjoying your skating. Good luck🍀. Nat'ls will be interesting