2023-24 US Pairs Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 US Pairs Figure Skating

midori green

On the Ice
Results from Fort Wayne NQS event:
Senior Pairs:
1. Linzy Fitzpatrick/Keyton Bearinger 152.54 (53.52+99.02)

Junior Pairs:
1. Adele Zheng/Andy Deng 126.16 (51.17+74.99)
2. Ashley Fletcher/Aaron Felderbaum 97.83 (38.65+59.18)
(Protocols look like it was a rough freeskate for both...much higher potential.)

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
They would be age ineligible for international competition, but can skate junior at USA domestic competitions.

So, does anyone know who is Reagan Moss's new partner?

midori green

On the Ice
I updated the US pairs scores relative to our neighbor Canada (why? because I had the scores) in post 20 of this thread.
Thank you for doing the lists! It's so helpful to follow where everyone is (relatively), and apparently the NQS rankings are top-secret members-only information on the USFSA website. :rolleyes:

midori green

On the Ice
You're welcome. I only had NQS because someone else posted them. I just put all the information into one list.
Glacier Falls and Battle of the Blades (in Fort Wayne) were the only two NQS events with pairs so far, so I guess it's not too hard to compare at the moment. I just appreciate someone putting them together in a list. I might look at results, but my brain doesn't keep track of numbers very well. Visually seeing the list is helpful.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
anastasiia smirnova & danylo siianytsia split (https://www.instagram.com/p/CwgzvheLRFU/). completely understandable, but they were my favorite american pair & so gorgeous on the ice, so i'm a bit devastated about this.
Yeah, I saw that on IG. They were a nice young team. I think in recent years, they had been struggling a bit with consistency due to injuries and the emotional trauma of the war happening in their birth country. 😪

I am happy for Anastasia making the best decision for her happiness. 🙌 Figure skating is a tough sport. Sometimes the travails, coupled with the huge expenses and injuries, outweigh the rewards. Of course, I don't know A's specific reasons for ending her skating career, but it's probably a mix of these factors.

Best wishes to Anastasia! ❤ And I hope Danylo is able to find a good partner soon. What about Sonia Baram? Or, Cayla Smith? Megan Wessenberg is also still partnerless, AFAIK.

midori green

On the Ice
Yeah, I saw that on IG. They were a nice young team. I think in recent years, they had been struggling a bit with consistency due to injuries and the emotional trauma of the war happening in their birth country. 😪

I am happy for Anastasia making the best decision for her happiness. 🙌 Figure skating is a tough sport. Sometimes the travails, coupled with the huge expenses and injuries, outweigh the rewards. Of course, I don't know A's specific reasons for ending her skating career, but it's probably a mix of these factors.

Best wishes to Anastasia! ❤ And I hope Danylo is able to find a good partner soon. What about Sonia Baram? Or, Cayla Smith? Megan Wessenberg is also still partnerless, AFAIK.
With Sonia or Cayla, they'd join the group of teams half too young for senior and half too old for junior. I guess that would be okay for interim domestic experience. Looking forward to seeing those two with new partners soon, too!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Every time I see that Chen/Howe quote about it being just the beginning I wait for a retirement announcement.
The only scenario in which I could envision either of Chan/ Howe retiring anytime soon, would be nagging, insurmountable injury complications.

They have said that they were both dealing with injury-related issues at the start of last season. Fortunately, they were both able to work through the challenges, and they ended up with a successful season! 👍

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only scenario in which I could envision either of Chan/ Howe retiring anytime soon, would be nagging, insurmountable injury complications.

They have said that they were both dealing with injury-related issues at the start of last season. Fortunately, they were both able to work through the challenges, and they ended up with a successful season! 👍
It's just the nutty thing that happens with US pairs.

patterndance

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Williams/Lewer pulled out of both their JGPs - hopefully it's a minor injury taking longer than expected to heal, and not a major injury or split! Would love to see USFS give out more of their JGP spots, but it's not really clear where they'd go. Maybe a second assignment for Adele and Andy at least?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
From FSU, Hanns/Neudecker assigned to Skate America.
Danny had posted about it prematurely on Instagram, and then he removed his post. It's now been confirmed. ❤

Also, as I posted today in New Partnerships thread, Danylo Siianytsia has paired with Haley Scott. She was briefly partnered with Blake Eisenach earlier this year. But apparently, Blake changed his mind. I noticed in recent weeks on his Instagram that Blake is back to touring in shows.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Danny had posted about it prematurely on Instagram, and then he removed his post. It's now been confirmed. ❤

Also, as I posted today in New Partnerships thread, Danylo Siianytsia has paired with Haley Scott. She was briefly partnered with Blake Eisenach earlier this year. But apparently, Blake changed his mind. I noticed in recent weeks on his Instagram that Blake is back to touring in shows.

Haley is a good choice. Strong skater who knows how to jump

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Haley is a good choice. Strong skater who knows how to jump
I was not familiar with Haley before she paired with Blake Eisenach. I could see from her initial practice clips with Blake, that Haley is a strong jumper. Apparently, she moved from singles to pairs? I wonder though whether she's had any pairs experience before on the lower levels? I hope her sbs jumps are as good as her throws. There's nothing like a strong, confident pairs lady who can also land jumps consistently!!! 💪

Plus, Haley is the right size for Danylo, which is great! I figured Danylo would not have to look too long. There's usually more females looking for partners than there are available males. As luck would have it, they are a good physical match and things appear to be clicking logistically too. Apparently, they will be training in Colorado (That's where Haley was with Blake, and I think that's the rink in the clip too, but I could be wrong).

Trudy Oltmanns, the Minnesota coach who trained Danylo & Nastyia, posted happily about this new partnership, so I wonder whether they will make their base in Colorado. Danylo's bond with Trudy might mean they are going to train in Minnesota.

Last edited:

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Haley was Team USA for both pairs (junior pairs) and singles (junior ladies) in 20-21 season

She got long-term COVID-19, hence her disappearance from skating.

She was the type of skater who was super petite but had tons of technical and artistic skills. She can jump, and she can perform. Her Master of the House from Les Miz program as an intermediate skater was so amazing everyone was clapping for her. I've seen her in various competitions and sectionals since she was juvenile.

pairsskaterlover

Spectator
there's a new junior team on the rise audrey park and carter griffin and they are looking really good and i love there short program, and who ever choreograph that did a great job.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Haley was Team USA for both pairs (junior pairs) and singles (junior ladies) in 20-21 season

She got long-term COVID-19, hence her disappearance from skating.

She was the type of skater who was super petite but had tons of technical and artistic skills. She can jump, and she can perform. Her Master of the House from Les Miz program as an intermediate skater was so amazing everyone was clapping for her. I've seen her in various competitions and sectionals since she was juvenile.
Thanks for the background on Haley! She looks so comfortable with pairs elements, so it's not surprising that she's had lower level pairs experience. 👍