2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Imagine if Lia ends up in a position where she'd usually be sent to 4CC in both pairs and women's (I know she doesn't have 4CC FS minimums for Singles, but there's still a bit of time, I think) :oops:

Edit: Well there's no need to worry about this situation, as she can't get 4CC FS minimums in time as a Singles skater, so they could only send her in pairs anyway,

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I kept thinking as I watched that, Trennt is truly talented, and with a first rate partner and decent music, he’d be a force to reckon with. Nothing against this young lady, but there’s no wow factor, and that music was uninspiring. We can do better, my friends.

Ziotic

Medalist
I kept thinking as I watched that, Trennt is talented, and with a first rate partner and decent music, he’d be a force to reckon with. Nothing against this young lady, but there’s no wow factor, and that music was uninspiring. We can do better, my friends.
I actually find them well matched, she just needs more time.

But Brooke and Benjamin are my favourites

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I kept thinking as I watched that, Trennt is truly talented, and with a first rate partner and decent music, he’d be a force to reckon with. Nothing against this young lady, but there’s no wow factor, and that music was uninspiring. We can do better, my friends.
I was thinking that they seem well matched and did really well, especially for a debut at nationals.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
To be honest, this is the first time I see Tilda and Gabriel but there's something about them that I really like (the twist and throw :love2:) and the program is very pretty (as is her dress - and both of them, as well).

They did a very beautiful sbs-3S in the warm-up, shame it didn't work that well here. Shame about the lift too, but better keep it safe and bring her down than risk an injury.

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible for them to represent Sweden (where Tilda is from), they'd have no competition there 🤔
I liked this team, and thought they have loads of potential. Gabriel has a bit of a Michael Marinaro slouch, but otherwise is a really nice skater.

Look forward to seeing them in future.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thinking something similar, from the first few seconds -- Trennt looked like a dancer, while Lia looked like a beginner beside him ... but of course that's exactly right. Well done, especially considering they've been together a few months.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Imagine if Lia ends up in a position where she'd usually be sent to 4CC in both pairs and women's (I know she doesn't have 4CC FS minimums for Singles, but there's still a bit of time, I think) :oops:

Edit: Well there's no need to worry about this situation, as she can't get 4CC FS minimums in time as a Singles skater, so they could only send her in pairs anyway,
Lia is actually a contender for junior worlds, depending on how the women's free skate goes!