2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Pair LP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Pair LP

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Deanna and Max look so great in slow-mo replays. Deanna looked like she was truly about to fly in the star lift. :love2:
it seems like are you looking like a judge the details . is good that !!

Well Lia and Trent got 2nd place ,not bad because i thought it would get on 3rd or 4ht place

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I confirm it's Alicia

I typed a post about the very end of the conversation, where they said good bye to each other, before I saw your post :biggrin:

I have liked the commentary of the three I have heard so far, Charlie, Alicia and Élisabeth,

Seven Sisters

Medalist
don't ever doubt what I say ;) see... i was right about going to the French stream.

I am going to watch the English stream from now on because Osmond for the win.
She does have a nice announcing voice, I think. As does Charlie Bilodeau, as I’ve come to learn.

If I’m not mistaken, both studied communications in college after their careers ended, so that may be it.

rain

Record Breaker
well.. they only made one big mistake..
And they've improved the details of their skating so much. This is what Laurin/Ethier have to do now. She especially doesn't look like she quite owns her beautiful long limbs yet. When she does, look out for some outstanding lines. I hope they have a coach who can help with these kinds of details, getting them to stretch the lines and make the most of the positions.

slider11

Medalist
Big fan of Lia and Trennt. For just 1.5 years they have shown great compatibility and talent. For a young woman, Lia really stepped up to the pressure landing her jumps nicely and not caving after that hard throw fall. They should have been first after the SP but the end result was correct, imo. Deanna and Max had an overall strong FS and deserved to win.

discodisco

On the Ice
The best duo commentary in this competition for me is Ted and Kaetlyn Osmond. Hope to see more of this duo in the future. I like both of them commentary.
I find Osmond enduring, yet clumsy. She is definitely better this week than in the past but tends to speak in superlatives. I think though that she is getting better and definitely has a future if nothing else because she has a lot of experience as a skater herself, and has offered interesting Insight on behind the scenes elements of being a skater.

discodisco

On the Ice
Dissenting opinion :)
Isn't it funny how different people's opinions can be! I think that the pairs commentating has been excellent. A lot of insight has been shown, little details about lifts and other pairs elements that are often not explain particularly well unless the commentator has a background in pairs. I also think that Katelyn the ice dancer is doing a pretty decent job as the lead broadcaster.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The best duo commentary for me was Charlie Bilodeau and Alicia Pineault.

Usually as a figure skating fan I am wondering why I didn't major in something useful like Japanese. Not this weekend. :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
We were way, way more comfortable watching junior pairs than the first 2 groups in seniors. There were a lot of near misses and most of those pairs look like they are a danger to one another skating together. The last group changed the level completely and was great. Loved every minute of it, despite some mistakes here and there. We could at least breath a sigh of relief that we are nit going to see blood on ice

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
We were way, way more comfortable watching junior pairs than the first 2 groups in seniors. There were a lot of near misses and most of those pairs look like they are a danger to one another skating together. The last group changed the level completely and was great. Loved every minute of it, despite some mistakes here and there. We could at least breath a sigh of relief that we are nit going to see blood on ice
That's the difficulty with pairs... transitioning from Juniors to Seniors... Many of the pairs in the first groups are coming back from injuries and rebuilding the harder elements and hence, troubles happen. The last group was a completely different level for sure.. but you know, a couple years ago, Laurin and Ethier looked just about what we saw in the first groups.
What is exceptional is how Lia and Trennt have made it so quickly. Even Deanna and Maxime took much longer to gel... in that sense, Marly are very impressive and Jazmine and Kieran as well indeed. Brand new, young, and gelling quickly. Let's hope they keep evolving.

Ava and Yoni are just so special. Gosh, you really were lucky to see all this live.