2023 Cup of China Men's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Men's Free Skate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That wasn’t a good skate from Broussard. I think he’s one of the best skaters at this competition - top two or three - but he moved up to seniors too soon. Another year would have benefited him.
He broke his blade and had to get a new one.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@elektra blue - a thing I found in the results for that search: there is a skating event in Scottsdale, Arizona called the Cactus Classic!!! 😲

Here is the Entries / Results page for this year's edition, which was in held July:

https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2023/32248/index.asp

Disappointed by the lack of Men's competitions. There were only two Men's competitions, each with only one entry. But the guy in Senior Men withdrew, so we were just left with the guy in Adult Pre-Bronze Men.

By the way, there were a few very familiar names in both Senior and Junior Pairs competitions the year before, though:

https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/30663/index.asp

CaroLiza_fan

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
No, I'm a she/her, but I do support gender equality in drinking therapy :biggrin:
Oh, whew! I was way too distracted during Broussard’s skate because I kept randomly thinking, “figureskatingrainbows is a guy this whole time!” The only time I made such a mistake was the poster flanker. Thought he was a girl.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Daiwei DAI 🇨🇳
You Are So Beautiful, Unchain My Heart

3A (holds on, hop)
3A+REP (fall)
3T
3Lo+2T+2Lo (stepout)
CCSp3 (nearly loses camel position, but we're gonna call it a creative change of edge)
StSq3
3Lo+2A+SEQ
FCoSp4
2A+2T (stepout)
3S
ChSq1 +0.0
CCoSp3

FS: 121.31 (1st)
TOT: 185.56 (1st)

The second coming of Han Yan 😭 I'm seeing double, the music choice, the jumps, the choreography...

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Daiwei is such a lovely skater, but he severely lacks experience. This is his third international competition, all of them this season.

I'm not surprised, his glorious 3A isn't working super well for him under the pressure of a home GP, considering it is a very new jump for him (first attempt in competition last December, first landed in competition back in June/July). ❤️

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Oh, whew! I was way too distracted during Broussard’s skate because I kept randomly thinking, “figureskatingrainbows is a guy this whole time!” The only time I made such a mistake was the poster flanker. Thought he was a girl.
me too :LOL: but it was so funny that i replicated this mistake over and over again. it's kind of my trademark. speaking of, are you a woman? :LOL:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Daiwei DAI 🇨🇳
You Are So Beautiful, Unchain My Heart

3A (holds on, hop)
3A+REP (fall)
3T
3Lo+2T+2Lo (stepout)
CCSp3 (nearly loses camel position, but we're gonna call it a creative change of edge)
StSq3
3Lo+2A+SEQ
FCoSp4
2A+2T (stepout)
3S
ChSq1 +0.0
CCoSp3

FS:
TOT:

The second coming of Han Yan 😭 I'm seeing double, the music choice, the jumps, the choreography...
Interestingly, despite certainly having many similarities with Han Yan, which many would attribute to them sharing a coach, he actually only moved to her fairly recently (end of last season if I remember correctly), so many of his qualities are not her work.

She's done good work with him though, and hopefully will help him develop even more in the future.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Juwen XU 🇨🇳
Pearl Harbor (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

3Lz+3T (holds on)
3F+2T
3Lz (holds on)
FCSp4
3Lo (holds on)
3F
FCCoSp4
ChSq1 +0.0
3S
2A+2A+SEQ
StSq3
CCoSp4

FS: 128.22 (1st)
TOT: 193.79 (1st)

Not the prettiest landings but he got everything done! Good job!