2023 European Championships Women's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Women's Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Getting back to the task at hand, that was a well deserved win for Gubanova. I loved that programme.

But, I am totally biased because I absolutely love "Nagada Sang Dhol".

Loena was expected to win, but she didn't have the FS performance needed to achieve it. But, she still rescued a medal.

Still wish Kimmy had got 2nd. But, I'm delighted she got onto the podium. What an achievement!

Speaking of which, here it is! That didn't take long to set up!

CaroLiza_fan

Demandred

On the Ice
Gubanova was very deserving of her win, she was clearly tired in the second half of the program, but fought for everything and did more than enough to keep in front of everyone. But hopefully next year she gets a better FP, the current one is quite bad and does a terrible job of showcasing her qualities as a skater.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was going to say "I don't think I've heard this anthem before". But then I remembered the Georgian Ice Dancers. :p

CaroLiza_fan

snd

On the Ice
i hated gubanova's lp until today. i felt that today, she tried to put as much expression into it as she could - and i quite liked it. still wouldn't call it a good program but today the gentle charm came through

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I got a surprise there when I looked up her ISU Bio and found she was 5ft 5in. Maybe it's an illusion created by her long legs, but I would have thought she was much taller than that.

If she is still growing, she could end up as one of the very tall skaters.

Kimmy's already taller than the other skaters on the podium! So, if she does have further to grow... 😲

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I'm off to watch the last group of the Short Dance before the Free comes on.

Good job I watched the Warm-Up during the last resurfacing. It mightn't fit in otherwise.

EDIT: Just looked, and saw that it is half past the hour that the Free Dance starts, not the top of the hour like I thought. So, plenty of time to get the Short finished.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
and my comment below the video (Tamás Fehérvári) :D

:palmf:

It's well seeing I don't tend to scroll down to the comments.

Glad you liked it. Although, I love the costume. Shows her team are putting in the effort to have her look authentic.

As I said yesterday, Freddie Mercury never looked so cute!

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
How can so thin skater like Kimmy make the jumps look so easy? Anastasia gave me lovely person wibes, maybe a little bit shy.

fehervari

On the Ice
if she doesn't start to control her power it's going to be Lara and Ginevra Lavinia Negrello
I liked the pair Gutmann - Negrello in Osaka at the WTT. Ginevra skated fantastically in the sp. I haven't seen such a brave and good production from her since then, while her skating and performance are getting better and more mature

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Gubanova bores me. And Kimmy frightens me. I know we don't want to body shame, but her weight can't be healthy, can it? Sad for Leona, but what can you do.

Of all the ladies, I liked the Georgian Fed Lady best.