2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup: General Info | Golden Skate

2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup is the sixth of seven of the 2023-24 Junior Grand Prix series and will take place Sep. 27-30, 2023, in Gdansk, Poland. The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of seven international junior invitational events during the fall culminating with the 2023-24 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in December 2023.

This event will feature all four disciplines: Singles (Women and Men), Pairs and Ice Dance, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560) and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Entries are up.

Just the one kid for me this week. But I'm happy.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, I was beaten by a few seconds myself a few times in the last weeks (not just on this site 😅), so I guess I get to be the first today 😁

:laugh:

Congratulations!

The question is: will I be saying congratulations to you again for the Predictions? ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Amy CUI / Kenny ECKERT for ice dance! Yay!

This is their first year together, and the team started only in March. Amy's first year in ice dance after switching from singles. This is Kenny's first season competing after three years he hasn't competed (primarily because of partner changes, long partner search process). They did well in Lake Placid NQS, and I am so happy to see them get this assignment.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
My other team is an alternate - Kristina BLAND / Matthew SPERRY. They did Gdansk last year after the JGP Armenia where they were first assigned got cancelled. Too bad they did not get any JGP assignments this year.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I want to be excited, as I plan to go, however...Nebelhorn entries are out, and looking at them I feel thst P² will be at Nepela and Nepela is on the same weekend as JGP in Gdańsk. Proving my luck is non-existent.
And knowing my toxic mind, I WILL think about going for Nepela instead until very last minute. Lol.
I'm annoyed at myself right now.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to be excited, as I plan to go, however...Nebelhorn entries are out, and looking at them I feel thst P² will be at Nepela and Nepela is on the same weekend as JGP in Gdańsk. Proving my luck is non-existent.
And knowing my toxic mind, I WILL think about going for Nepela instead until very last minute. Lol.
I'm annoyed at myself right now.

Why would that be toxic, of course you would want to see P Squared every chance you could get. Maybe it will depend on the other entries at Nepela as well? Unless you have no real hope of getting to Nepela vs JGP Solidarity Cup.

Or you could teleport like science fiction characters between the two. ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Why would that be toxic, of course you would want to see P Squared every chance you could get. Maybe it will depend on the other entries at Nepela as well? Unless you have no real hope of getting to Nepela vs JGP Solidarity Cup.

Or you could teleport like science fiction characters between the two. ;)
For me, this is a 'toxic trait' of mine (kind of) as I tend to set myself on a certain thing, as I have to have everything planned to the T, and then I start to think what would it be to switch said plan.
I wish Nepela entries would be already here, so I could force myself to make a decision.
I wish I could bilocate hehe, would be nice to attend both, but I shall see and decide.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Okay, in the meanwhile of working and cutting vast amounts of crepe paper, I've looked up some entries I'm not familiar with.
Lulu Lin, count me in (for being excited) plus both Japanese ladies which I haven't seen in person yet. Quite few ID teams I've never seen too. Plus almost all new pairs.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Heard from the grapevine ... Helena CARHART / Volodymyr HOROVYI withdrew and Kristina BLAND / Matthew SPERRY are now in for ice dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yay for 2nd assignment for Strommer (excited to see him live, I see Sanchez was moved to Budapest and there is a podium beeline, he will have it hard there with Hagara, Yudong Chen, Hyungyeom Kim), but I'm curious about Carhart/Horovyi pulling out of both their assignments where they were easily candidates for a win (Budapest) abd podium (Gdańsk)...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Oh, and there's only one Japanese young lady remaining, what happened to Kaoruko Wada? And will there be a replacement?