2023 Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Believe you in me, I remember that very well, but I wouldn't call that fashion. I call that severe taste damage. Oh, and you forgot American women wearing twice their body weight as hair, while European counterparts looked like Princess Diana, even the boys (or was that Boris Becker?)

Yeah, okay. I had a perm as well. There, I said it.
everyone had it. i saw my mom's photo from the early 80s and i believe she created the enviromental crisis we're facing today

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Polish team—loved the placement of the twizzles at the perfect part of Glor-I-I-a-a

Sorry, that didn’t post in timely fashion! But it goes to show, even low-ranked teams are well worth watching. Loved that bit of choreo!
Loved Caroline & Michael. Do not understand that score. Great program and choreo.
Program has great bones, but their twizzle synchronization was off, and they had issues getting the lift around. All fixable. I too think it will be great!

auser

Record Breaker
Some Lombardia Trophy RD YouTube videos:

Natalie Taschlerova and Filip Taschler - Lombardia Trophy 2023 RD YouTube video:
Caroline Green / Michael Parsons 2023 Lombardia Rhythm Dance:
Charlène Guignard & Marco Fabbri - 2023 Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance:

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Wow, I love the Taschlers again. I fear they are held back by not being from one of the big feds or camps. Their skating skills score should definitely be higher. I also don't mind the music cuts much, since they are abrupt but don't destroy the individual pieces. Only their outfits are a complete miss.
Green/Parsons have a nice program, too. Their twizzles need work the most me seems.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
What happened with Green/Parsons? That score is nowhere near what they usually get, and they had no negative GOEs.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I managed to catch up a bit and...this will be a long season for me and my weird sense of aesthetic/design I guess.

Overall, just can't get the '80s' feel about those programs, despite music used. Speaking of music, since I started paying more attention to how music is edited/arranged, I see a lot of programs lacking because of bad music edition/arrangement. These RDs mostly were no exception.
Also...I know the saying of imitation being the highest firm of flattery plus no music is exclusively reserved for one skater/team, but I felt secondhand embarrassment seeing so much choreography, ekhm, 'inspirations' or parallels in some of those RDs to RDs from last Olympic season. But I guess it might be the name of the game nowadays. Maybe this helps judges as they already know some of this stuff. Lol (??).

Raised brows at Greeen/Parsons score, but after watching the performance and program I feel it needs to be taken to drawing board and given some oomph. It's too monotone at this point choreographically, there's no 'loud-ish' counterpoint and that lift really has to be rethought imho. I would also think about adding some eye catching accent/splash of color to costume(s).

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I haven't been able to watch this, but I just managed to see Charlene and Mighty Marco thanks to the Rewatch thread and LOL I love them! Especially the bit at the end with Marco being all dramatic on the ice with the little leg kick.

They're awesome and the best, that is all.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Like stated before, some twizzle and lift issues
I only just came in to state something. I didn't know someone had mentioned it.

They needed a bit of work, but that honestly wouldn't have given them much higher of a score. It would've put them mid about 70s around the Taschler's, which for G/P isn't that great.