2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What overall placement is needed to advance to Nats?
The top 2 from each sectional go, then the top 2 overall scores. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. So there will be medalists who don’t go.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There must be a huge drop off between junior and senior men. There are 3-4 times as many junior men as there are senior men.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Robert Yampolksy really has improved a gazillion percent and is so polished. Almost unfair to have him skate here (I am sure he has a bye).

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh Jacob is in this group. Vamos Jacob (even though he doesn't speak Spanish). Jacob for Nats along with Robert and Kirk if he's old enough.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think if one places 1-2 and has a bye the next person moves up. But they keep making this more and more confusing every year

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no that pop😢. Still a charming performer, but Jacob is not happy. :(

Much prefer the Bublé rain song to the second rain song, whatever that was.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sadly he didn't. Just as I was thinking Jacob's jumps look bigger he pops and has another with a messy landing. He did look nervous at the start. He's close enough to move up but he has to be clean and I fear he won't be.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh no that pop😢. Still a charming performer, but Jacob is not happy. :(

Much prefer the Bublé rain song to the second rain song, whatever that was.
Not sure it was a song at all. Hard to skate to scat. I mean scat in the musical sense.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Regarding making it to Nationals for juniors... according to that announcement about qualifying, Yampolsky has a bye and won't affect those qualifying for Nationals. Top four in each section qualify (plus top two novice in each section). So, if Yampolsky is in the top four here, the top five will go. Broussard also has a bye but is not skating in Sectionals.

Here's the page that mentions the qualifying info:

gkelly

Record Breaker
There must be a huge drop off between junior and senior men. There are 3-4 times as many junior men as there are senior men.
That is true in general. Some quit/test out when it's time for college, or just never move up because they never get a triple axel or consistent with all the other triples.

But also, a larger percentage of senior men have byes and are not competing at sectionals.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Watching Junior Women’s SP…
Jordan Scott skated to Amelie… lovely
42+ I think
Flowers in K & C are beautiful .. wonder if they came from Winston’s.. they do exquisite bouquets..