2023 Warsaw Cup: General Info | Golden Skate

2023 Warsaw Cup: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Warsaw Cup is the eighth in a series of nine events of the 2023-24 Figure Skating Challenger Series and is scheduled to take place in Warsaw, Poland, Nov 15-19, 2023. There were originally 10 events planned for this season, however, IceChallenge was cancelled.

The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) and Ice Dance disciplines and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560), and relevant ISU Communications.

The event will count towards ISU World Standing Points, Minimum Total Technical Score, Challenger Series in Figure Skating Ranking and Prize Money.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014-15 season. Through ISU support, the objective is to ensure the proper and consistent organization and conduct of up to 10 International Competitions linked together within the Challenger Series. The Series gives adequate opportunities for many skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.

To be considered for the Challenger Series, the competition must have at least three disciplines (Men, Women, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) from a minimum of 10 different ISU Members in all disciplines combined.

DAY ONE LIVESTREAM

DAY TWO LIVESTREAM

DAY THREE LIVESTREAM

DAY FOUR LIVESTREAM

Last edited by a moderator:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Huh. It's ALWAYS a good lineup when I have other plans (it was the same in 2021 when I went for Internationaux de France)...but I have someone to send crowns to so we shall see if some can be gifted

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The official website says Livestreams available soon!

I do wonder whether there are no pairs at all, or whether there were just just too few for ISU CS status?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I do wonder whether there are no pairs at all, or whether there were just just too few for ISU CS status?
It doesn't matter the number, this event wasn't one of the ones designated to have pairs in this season's announcement. Only half of the Challengers are. For this season it was: Lombardia, Autumn Classic, Nebelhorn, Finlandia, Golden Spin.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They did one extra some time ago because the official designated one had too few entries, combined with the men entered were too few (and otherwise it could not be called a Challenger), or something like that. I don't know the precise ins and outs, but this season I don't think there are issues like that.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
I'm questing Kurakova might withdrew? it is right after the cup of china

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

It doesn't matter the number, this event wasn't one of the ones designated to have pairs in this season's announcement. Only half of the Challengers are. For this season it was: Lombardia, Autumn Classic, Nebelhorn, Finlandia, Golden Spin.

The events you listed are just the events where the Senior Pairs competition has Challenger status. There is nothing to stop the organisers of Challenger events holding additional competitions during the event that do not have Challenger status.

For example, the Denis Ten Memorial Challenge last week had on the bill Junior competitions for the same categories as they had Senior competitions for (only Senior competitions can have Challenger status). And the Budapest Trophy just under a month ago not only had Junior competitions for all categories, but it also had a Senior Pairs competition.

That is what Doris was getting at.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The events you listed are just the events where the Senior Pairs competition has Challenger status. There is nothing to stop the organisers of Challenger events holding additional competitions during the event that do not have Challenger status.

For example, the Denis Ten Memorial Challenge last week had on the bill Junior competitions for the same categories as they had Senior competitions for (only Senior competitions can have Challenger status). And the Budapest Trophy just under a month ago not only had Junior competitions for all categories, but it also had a Senior Pairs competition.

That is what Doris was getting at.

CaroLiza_fan
Doris said:
I responded to that part.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Unsure if this has merit, but - a sneak peek at gifts to be hopefully given to skaters next week only due to me having best skating friends who are willing to put up with me and my stubborn behind going up north to Finland.
Hopefully these will make it to Warsaw in decent condition and won't break lol.
20231109_204717.jpg