2024-25 Programs by Discipline | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Programs by Discipline

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At the end of the season we should have a thread where we judge the best Dune program. There are so many...

I am just hoping that it turns out that some of the skaters that do not specifically mention Hans Zimmer in their programme announcement are actually using music from some of the other adaptations:

• Toto's music from the 1984 film (which adapts the first book).
  • Graeme Revel's music from the 2000 series (which adapts the first book).
  • Brian Tyler's music from the 2003 series (which adapts the second and third books as a continuation of the 2000 series).

I haven't seen the 2000 series, or the recent (2021 and 2024) two-part film (which adapts the first book). But I have seen the 1984 film and the 2003 series. And I enjoyed the music in them.

At least it would add a bit of variety...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i hope he jumps on the cannon:biggrin:

So do I! :biggrin: It would be criminal not to! ;)

By the way, here is a photo of some kids with the most famous cannon in Northern Ireland, "Roaring Meg":

roaring-meg-cast-in-1642-the-cannon-was-used-to-protect-the-northern-irish-city-of-derry-or-londonderry-during-the-siege-of-1689-an-early-1920s-view-on-the-city-walls-ulster-northern-ireland-originally-photographed-by-clifton-adams-1890-1934-for-ireland-the-rock-whence-i-was-hewn-a-national-geographic-magazine-feature-from-march-1927-2C2X0N8.jpg

It is located on top of the walls of the "Maiden City" (so called because her walls were never breached!)

Useless piece of information - my Dad named one of his motorbikes (a 500cc Norton) "Roaring Meg", because of the noise she made! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
From BC/YT Section Super Series June -

Chloe Nguyen/Brendan Giang (CAN)
RD: Blame It On The Boogie by The Jacksons, Let's Groove by Earth, Wind and Fire

Tasha Lai/Mickey Becker-Pos
RD: Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee

Romy Malcolm/Kobi Chant (Australia)
RD: Gimme! Gimme! Gimme (A Man After Midnight) by Abba, Waterloo by Abba

Last edited:

Lili1122

On the Ice
From BC/YT Section Super Series June -

RD: Blame It On The Boogie by The Jacksons, Let's Groove by Earth, Wind and Fire

Tasha Lai/Mickey Becker-Pos
RD: Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder, Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee

RD: Gimme! Gimme! Gimme (A Man After Midnight) by Abba, Waterloo by Abba
Let’s Groove by EWF is from 1981 - how are they skating to that?

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
That is what they did at 2024 BC/YT Section Super Series High Performance?
It's one of the songs they skated to for their RD. I'd hope that the judges would let them know if they need to change the song (especially since the President of Skate Canada was the technical controller there.)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Ever since bradie tennell used Dawn of Faith, everyone else started using it too. Some skaters are a bit more original and use a piece from the same album but not the exact same piece. I have a feeling Dawn of Faith is gonna be a warhorse soon. That, or it'll be like "Seven Nation Army" and be a trend for several seasons before becoming old news.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ever since bradie tennell used Dawn of Faith, everyone else started using it too. Some skaters are a bit more original and use a piece from the same album but not the exact same piece. I have a feeling Dawn of Faith is gonna be a warhorse soon. That, or it'll be like "Seven Nation Army" and be a trend for several seasons before becoming old news.
He isn't actually using Dawn of Faith, I mistook it for it and corrected it.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
More BC/YK Super Series June:

Tasha Lai/Mickey Becker-Pos (maybe Chinese Taipei actually :shrug:)
FD: Golden Slumbers by The Beatles, Golden Slumbers by Jennifer Hudson, Lady Madonna by The Beatles

FD: Sign of the Times by Harry Styles

FD: Chess by Anders Eljas

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wesley Chiu (CAN)

SP: 1812 Overture, choreo by Joey Russell

Source
I am initially thrilled with this choice, but in the back of my mind I worry...

It would be my luck that this is some remix by a so-called trailblazing artiste that transforms this awesome piece into an emo whinefest.

Just kidding! I hope Wesley is leading the charge into a new era of skating to good music.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Junior

Hana Maria Aboian & Daniel Veselukhin USA
RD: "Heart of Glass" by Blondie; "Knock on Wood" by Amii Stewart
FD:

Michelle Deych & Ryan Hu USA
RD: "Boogie Wonderland;" "Shake Your Bootie"

Julia Epps & Blake Gilman USA
RD: Elvis Presley medley, including "Heartbreak Hotel"
FD:

Caroline Mullen & Brendan Mullen USA
RD: "Stayin' Alive;" "Saturday Night Fever;" "You Should Be Dancing"
FD:

Emily Renzi & William Lissauer USA
RD: "Shake A Tail Feather;" "Think"
FD:

Senior

Layla Karnes & Liam Carr GBR
RD: "Come Together;" "Twist & Shout;" "Get Back" by the Beatles
FD:

Raffaella Konicius & Alexey Shchepetov: RD: "A little Less Conversation;" "Bossa Nova Baby" by Elvis Presley
FD:

Michela Melillo & Karl Schapfel USA
RD: "Lotta Lovin' " by Gene Vincent
FD: