Aaron striving to become more balletic on the ice | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Aaron striving to become more balletic on the ice

Tavi...

Record Breaker
But Aaron really isn't any worse than he was in 2013! He didn't lose any jumps or anything.

Nothing is ever static. Hanyu won worlds last year and didn't win this year. He really isn't any worse than he was last year!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Problem is Max hasn't improved since 2013 and Josh and Jason are getting better all the time and are younger also.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only a fool would say Max hasn't improved since 2013. And Joshua and Jason may be younger, but that's never a guarantee. Joshua's already had enough injuries for all of them put together.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Max doesn't strike me as the balletic type...I'd think his style would be better suited to either jazz or freestyle and I think that is the direction he should attempt...he tried Carmen and it just didn't work for him. I think he's great but I think he should try to push himself in a more realistic direction...not that ballet would hurt but I think he might get better bang for his buck if he tried something a little more up his alley...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Max doesn't strike me as the balletic type...I'd think his style would be better suited to either jazz or freestyle and I think that is the direction he should attempt...he tried Carmen and it just didn't work for him. I think he's great but I think he should try to push himself in a more realistic direction...not that ballet would hurt but I think he might get better bang for his buck if he tried something a little more up his alley...

Who knows. It is in his genes, his little sister is very balletic and studied dance for a long time. And no, you don't have to be willowy and long-limbed and a typical "arteest" to be balletic, ballet has evolved so much in recent years and a lot of ballet companies perform athletic, modern pieces that would be right up Max's alley. Ballerina's these days can also be very muscular and athletic like Max, the dance form has evolved a lot and there is so much diversity in dancer's styles, body types, expressions, etc. and the same goes for the pieces they perform. I think Max has potential in this area.

samm22

On the Ice
Who knows. It is in his genes, his little sister is very balletic and studied dance for a long time. And no, you don't have to be willowy and long-limbed and a typical "arteest" to be balletic, ballet has evolved so much in recent years and a lot of ballet companies perform athletic, modern pieces that would be right up Max's alley. Ballerina's these days can also be very muscular and athletic like Max, the dance form has evolved a lot and there is so much diversity in dancer's styles, body types, expressions, etc. and the same goes for the pieces they perform. I think Max has potential in this area.

right on!!! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-b9x6klNCZcM/Un-yZxDiB4I/AAAAAAAAAdQ/wnZ27oUB3Wo/s1600/male+dancer.jpg and then there is this one, http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02804/Edward-Watson-1_2804631b.jpg and then here there is this one, https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/01/db/ca/01dbcafc1bd6c89ebd3646948c73073f.jpg

Last edited: