Aleksandr Selevko: 'Spotlight shy’ but determined | Golden Skate

Aleksandr Selevko: 'Spotlight shy’ but determined

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Surprisingly, getting on the podium wasn’t the biggest challenge for the two-time ISU Challenger Series bronze medalist. It was the buzz that this historic medal for Estonia created across the country that caught him completely off guard.

“I’m not a fan of being in the spotlight, so dealing with the media attention was a bit overwhelming for me,” he admitted. “Don’t get me wrong, I was thrilled to bring such an important medal home, but personally, I find it much easier to keep a low profile.”

This feature touches on his injuries and doubts, health concerns and the future, off-season plans, goals for 2024-25, and more!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Great to read this interview about one of my favourite Cacti who managed to achieve a lot this season. He seems to be a very sensible young man indeed, and quite humble. I also love the comradeship, if a rivalrous one, with his brother!

Weathergal

Medalist
I've been curious about the relationship between him and Mihhail, and it was interesting to read how well they handle competing against each other. I was surprised to read how low key he is since his programs are so "outgoing." I was happy for him and Estonia when he got the silver at Euros, and I think his 11th place at Worlds is also cause to cheer. He delivered two solid performances. I just wish he could have been in 10th to get a another spot for Estonia as well. Wishing both Selevko brothers a great season!

His greatest strength is the cleanness of his jumps. He got positive GOE on every pass at Europeans, and some 4s on his quad toe.

I found this footage on You Tube. Here he is skating at a outdoor public park back home in "Estland" a few days after Europeans.

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Soon he'll be headedd to Japan to perform in the "The Ice" show where he was invited to participate with Ilia Malinin, Shoma Uno, Deniss Vasiļjevs, Kao Miura, Junhwan Cha, Nikolaj Memola, and Kevin Aymoz, among others.