Alena Kostornaia | Page 224 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

McBibus

On the Ice
They are the face of the team, but I think Rozanov was more involved with Aliona behind the scenes. She’s mentioned in interviews 2 seasons ago he was her favorite trainer. I don’t know where it is now but I remember reading this in her 1st junior season. He was actually listed as her coach on her ISU bio this year, but this was not the case for others (ie Anna). There were also reports that he supported her emotionally when she was having hard times. Plus, she’s the only senior who’s mentioned him by name in interviews (ie learning the 3A again this season). So I’m a bit worried he won’t be there, especially during this hard time when coming back will be extremely difficult.

I read that too.
I think she likes how hard it is during traning and at the same time really light and able to keep the spirit up during competitions.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Does anyone know how the rule changes will effect Alena’s jumps? I know that people are saying the the pre rotation and full blade assist will hurt Anna and Sasha, but no one has mentioned Alena. I am not good at seeing the full blade assist or pre rotation, so I was just curious. Also doesn’t the jump base value changes positively effect Aliona? Because the lutz won’t be worth more than the flip?

SkateSkates

Medalist
Does anyone know how the rule changes will effect Alena’s jumps? I know that people are saying the the pre rotation and full blade assist will hurt Anna and Sasha, but no one has mentioned Alena. I am not good at seeing the full blade assist or pre rotation, so I was just curious. Also doesn’t the jump base value changes positively effect Aliona? Because the lutz won’t be worth more than the flip?

It seems like the changes won’t really affect her too much. She doesn’t full blade/have bad PR so she is fine there (not saying she’s perfect but is definitely within the appropriate range). Her lutz edge improved last season and the ones from Euros were some of her best outside edges, so if she continues this trend edges shouldn’t be an issue. The one change that might affect her GOE is the “q” call, depending on how they apply it, on her 3A. None of her other jumps (in general) are borderline but some of her axels were given the benefit of the doubt right around the 90 degree mark last season. We will have to see how often this “q” mark is applied and how much is deducted off GOE.

Also, with the lower BV and scaled GOE for the lutz, it will be difficult for her to top her SP record. Maybe she can break it if her PCS increases, but it will be hard to break the tech score record.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
It seems like the changes won’t really affect her too much. She doesn’t full blade/have bad PR so she is fine there (not saying she’s perfect but is definitely within the appropriate range). Her lutz edge improved last season and the ones from Euros were some of her best outside edges, so if she continues this trend edges shouldn’t be an issue. The one change that might affect her GOE is the “q” call, depending on how they apply it, on her 3A. None of her other jumps (in general) are borderline but some of her axels were given the benefit of the doubt right around the 90 degree mark last season. We will have to see how often this “q” mark is applied and how much is deducted off GOE.

Also, with the lower BV and scaled GOE for the lutz, it will be difficult for her to top her SP record. Maybe she can break it if her PCS increases, but it will be hard to break the tech score record.

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation! It will be interesting to see how the judges adjust to these new rules :pray:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Oh ok, thanks for the explanation! It will be interesting to see how the judges adjust to these new rules :pray:

Yes and this is all just speculation of course, until we see how the new rules will be applied. That said, if there’s one thing we know for sure it’s that her team knows how to maximize scoring potential. So I’m sure she will be quick to adjust in what ever way is the most beneficial to her.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

She improved a ton compared to her first season with Eteri.
I dislike those terms in general, since I don’t agree with fan definitions, but if we’re speaking about it, by this season they managed to fix a lot of issues Aliona initially came with.
I didn’t see it as much last season, but this season her curve going into 3Lz is perfect.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
While Anna is doing this active aerobic challenge, Alyona is doing something completely different - passive stretching: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAIiH19Jujz/

This is where some thick and hefty textbooks and tomes come in handy ;-)

Both active aerobic exercises and passive stretching exercises are compulsory for any athlete in a high intensity, high concentration coordination sport.

McBibus

On the Ice
While Anna is doing this active aerobic challenge, Alyona is doing something completely different - passive stretching: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAIiH19Jujz/

This is where some thick and hefty textbooks and tomes come in handy ;-)

Both active aerobic exercises and passive stretching exercises are compulsory for any athlete in a high intensity, high concentration coordination sport.

That photo comes from "Aliona Student".
Afaik her official verified account is still Aliona_officialnew

Did I miss something?

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Sasha: *leaves Eteri*
FS fans: *panic* *argue* *start random rumors about who will leave next*
Aliona: *dyes hair pink and stretches* :laugh:

This is not hating on anyone, I was just trying to be funny lol

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
That photo comes from "Aliona Student".
Afaik her official verified account is still Aliona_officialnew

Did I miss something?

Aliona student is a private account that Aliona made. I don’t know what she posts on it, but I know some fans were able to follow it before she made it private.

McBibus

On the Ice
Aliona student is a private account that Aliona made. I don’t know what she posts on it, but I know some fans were able to follow it before she made it private.

I do and she posted this image there.
Is not nice to repost the image on a fake official account*

Not that you have any responsibility of course.

*I say that because she posted on her official account long after this account has been created, not just because it has not the verified bullet

macy

Record Breaker
i looooooove her hair!! i hope she keeps it for next season, it's very Aliona :love:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I do and she posted this image there.
Is not nice to repost the image on a fake official account*

Not that you have any responsibility of course.

*I say that because she posted on her official account long after this account has been created, not just because it has not the verified bullet

She probably knew Sasha leaving was coming and was like okay good luck honey I'm going to do my thing. Nothing changes for aliona other than Sasha won't be around.