Alena Kostornaia | Page 233 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Scott512

Record Breaker
But I just don‘t get it, they had the program(s) ready and the transfer period is already over, isn‘t it? I‘m worried for Aliona, I just hope everything works out for her.
Yes the transfer. Is long over which makes this even more perplexing. I find it hard to believe that Aliona would not want to skate with others since he's the best skater out there. but damn if this is true then poor Sasha she thought she just got away from the most beautiful skater in years and now they may be training together again. ;)

Or maybe EG got tired of all the neurosurgeon talk. I hope it's not true because Aiona has been on a roll for over a year and she always speaks so highly of her main coach and all the coaches.

dhjh811

On the Ice
I really admire Eteri as a coach, she has helped Aliona progress so much as a skater. But I have to wonder why she feels it is necessary to publicly expose her students whenever they leave her. Whatever conflicts her students had with her coaching staff happened privately and should stay private. Has a skater ever left her and tried to create drama?? No, it was always Eteri creating buzz out of bitterness. For what??? These are teenage girls, and whatever issues they had with Eteri, again, should remain private. It's as if Eteri makes these bitter posts just to direct hate towards her former students who are just teenagers. Incredibly immature of her to drag Medvedeva and Lipnitskaya into the post too. Why was that post even necessary? Why not just a formal and short post of Aliona's leave?

macy

Record Breaker
i'm not going to believe it's true until we get confirmation from Aliona herself. there is something very off about Eteri's post and i don't want to jump the gun.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
But I just don‘t get it, they had the program(s) ready and the transfer period is already over, isn‘t it? I‘m worried for Aliona, I just hope everything works out for her.

Eteri mentioned in the comments that transfer was final in May so during transfer window. I guess she stayed longer to get her LP done with Daniil.

As of Eteri's post I'm not surprised. Throwing her ex-students under the bus is a technique she has been mastering for years

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Eteri mentioned in the comments that transfer was final in May so during transfer window. I guess she stayed longer to get her LP done with Daniil.

As of Eteri's post I'm not surprised. Throwing her ex-students under the bus is a technique she has been mastering for years

Why would she stay if the transfer was ready???

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Why would she stay if the transfer was ready???

To get her program done. It isn't always a matter of the few days. Also while transfer could be agreed in May the paperwork still has to be done. Also remember that SAMBO-70 isn't only the club but the school and I guess she wanted to complete her academic year before moving to the new school.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Well I am absolutely STUNNED! :eeking: :eeking:

I did feel like it was a huge blow for Aliona when Rozanov left to join Plushenko's team, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that Aliona would transfer to Plushenko!!! :eek: :eek:

Apparently all Aliona had to say was "no comment":
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200731/1575227627.html

I don't know if I believe Eteri's comment that Aliona didn't want to skate with the other girls... :unsure:
But, at the same time, I can also imagine our willful brat making a demand like that, so... :confused2:

We may never know the "true" reasons why she left, but if I had to guess--it would be because of Rozanov. Aliona had said early on that he was her favorite coach, and when she was feeling depressed after last year's test skates, he was the one who helped her regain her triple axel.

I also wonder if Plushenko's team offered her some other incentives (like helping her find sponsors, etc.). And if that's the case, I do feel like Aliona should take all the sponsorships she can get while she can--since she's planning to retire after the Olympic season.

I'm not sure what this means for Aliona's future as a skater. On one hand, I am very skeptical of Plushenko's abilities as a coach... :unsure: In addition, I have never seen a senior Russian lady make a coaching change and have better results with the new coaching team.

But on the other hand, it's not a completely new team since Rozanov is there, and I am glad that they'll be working together again. :yes:
I wonder if this means we could see Aliona work with other choreographers in the future...? If so that could be really cool for her. I would love to see what Shae-Lynn Bourne could do with her, for example. Or within Russia, maybe Peter Tchernyshev...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
I will continue to root for Aliona! :hap10:

macy

Record Breaker
i wouldn't doubt Rozanov will be her main coach, if she liked him that much. same with Trusova.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
To get her program done. It isn't always a matter of the few days. Also while transfer could be agreed in May the paperwork still has to be done. Also remember that SAMBO-70 isn't only the club but the school and I guess she wanted to complete her academic year before moving to the new school.

The thing is... why would they make her good programs if she would switch teams?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Alena’s a really noteworthy case among Eteri’s departing stars, because unlike Yulia, Evgenia or Alexandra it’s hard to argue that growth or competitive disappointment were big issues for her, at least based on what we know.

macy

Record Breaker
The thing is... why would they make her good programs if she would switch teams?

Eteri commented on her post that they did not know about the switch yet. i assume since Aliona stayed to get her programs done, she will keep them. i'm sure she did this with her own best interest in mind, since it's already August and did not want to have to worry about choreographing new programs while getting used to a new training base.

littlesheep

Rinkside
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDT8xI9oLtN/
Now Daniil has responded so we have to accept that the news is true.

translation (copied from the comment):
he said it happens at work. Alena started acting strange only in the middle of July. And after one of the trainings, she said that she would not train anymore. And that the decision was made in May. Daniil Markovich did not believe it, as she sincerely enjoyed the new programs. However, this turned out to be true. He asks them not to feel sorry for them, as this is work. But it is difficult for children-athletes to believe and open up after this.

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
We may never know the "true" reasons why she left, but if I had to guess--it would be because of Rozanov. Aliona had said early on that he was her favorite coach, and when she was feeling depressed after last year's test skates, he was the one who helped her regain her triple axel.

I feel the same. Remember in the Olympic Channel interview in mid July https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...tornaia-exclusive-beijing-tutberidze-surgeon/, where she mentioned she hasn’t yet got her trixel back. I think that might trigger her to move to Plushenko's academy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDT8xI9oLtN/
he said it happens at work. Alena started acting strange only in the middle of July. And after one of the trainings, she said that she would not train anymore.

And this, just to some extent confirmed my speculation.

I wonder if this means we could see Aliona work with other choreographers in the future...? If so that could be really cool for her. I would love to see what Shae-Lynn Bourne could do with her, for example. Or within Russia, maybe Peter Tchernyshev...

I’m still worried but I do feel this opens up some new possibilities on her artistic sides. I’d love to see her working with other choreographers, considering she’s planning to retire after Beijing. And I would be thrilled to see a short with Shae and a long with David Wilson in the olympic season.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think there is time to get new programs. I would love Averbukh for short and Lambiel for the long program.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Eteri said in an interview that a few days prior to Aliona‘s exit she felt “unwell“ and then left the camp “citing health problems“. I never know how much to trust but I just hope Aliona‘s not injured... :(

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2619564

Plushenko: Kostornaya decided to radically change the team, why - you need to ask her

The coach noted that the skater herself expressed a desire to move to his group two weeks ago.

The European figure skating champion Alena Kostornaya made the decision to radically change the team herself, the athlete is focused only on sports. Two-time Olympic champion Evgeny Plushenko told TASS about this, to whose team Kostornaya decided to move from the group of Eteri Tutberidze.

On Friday, Tutberidze announced the transition of the athlete to the Plushenko group. In this off-season, another student left Tutberidze for Plushenko - the winner of the European Championship Alexandra Trusov.

"Alena herself expressed a desire to join my group two weeks ago, she wanted to skate in" Plushenko's Angels "under my leadership and the guidance of Sergei Rozanov. Before that, we did not even know each other. If she had such thoughts before, then this nothing was known, "Plushenko said." I can't say what didn’t suit her, and whether it didn’t, it would be better to ask her herself, I can only say that she decided to radically change the team. "

"She did not have any specific wishes - she just wanted to train, prepare for the Olympics, she is absolutely geared towards sports. We did not even discuss the financial component of the issue, but if something is needed, I will take everything upon myself - I have the opportunity do it, and I don’t be stingy, ”Plushenko stressed.

"This is a sport, and we, of course, will work with Alena on quadruple jumps. She hasn’t skated for a long time - we will restore everything anew, we will put on new programs. We will change the ones that we have set, definitely - these will be our programs, We will stage with Serezha, and if we need choreographers, we will invite the best. And there are thoughts about these programs - Alena and I have been communicating for two weeks already, and proposals on this matter have already been made to her, and she liked them, "Plushenko said.

When asked by TASS if Plushenko is aware of the responsibility he takes upon himself by taking on the team two of the most promising singles in Russia, he replied: “We are ready for anything, and even if there is some kind of misfire, life is not We have a professional approach to training, to work, now we have a strong team, and with the arrival of Seryozha Rozanov it has definitely strengthened, this is a great professional whom we value, cherish and respect. "

“I understood responsibility when Trusova came to us, when [Veronika] Zhilina came to us. We are not afraid of responsibility, we are ready to work, ready to work, which we do every day. by the fireplace, watching TV, as many others do, "Plushenko stressed.

Alexandra Trusova, who already works at Angels Plushenko, reacted normally to Kostornaya's transition. "Everything is fine, she is ready to train. And the fact that Alena wants to skate on the ice alone is nonsense, she has no problems with this, and today she voiced it to me. From tomorrow Alena starts the training process - the academy has been fully operational for a long time, now more than 120 children train there, so the process starts, we start moving, "Plushenko noted.

https://tass.ru/sport/9099937

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
So was of now we have two versions . 1. Eteris and co's one that she loved the programms and that she told them a few weeks ago that she decided on the change in may or 2. Plushenkos that she didnt like the programms , and that she only approached him 2 weeks ago. And that they had not even talked before that time. Well and she is getting new programms

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk