Alena Kostornaia | Page 351 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Guys, I almost got a heart attack seeing that hard fall from the 3A today! Then I was relieved a bit when she got up as quickly as a squirrel but at the same moment she did that disheartening gesture expressing how disappointed she was and I started to worry she might have already given it up and the worst scenario of a total meltdown was about to come. Thank God it didn't happen! Our girl is a hero! I'm really happy she proved to be so strong mentally and was able to pull off the rest of the program, but I hope she'll be able to sell it even if she makes a mistake next time. I've also said it myself before, but I fully agree with Batuschan:
I still don't think "Lovely" works well as an FS (though I loved the EX version). It's possible that Aliona will be able to change my mind, but the last part of the program just doesn't build enough for me -- I want something like "Supermassive black hole" that makes the audience want to clap along and has a big ending.
Yes, it really worked well as an exhibition program and Aliona performed it perfectly, I just loved the way she lived through the music, but it just doesn't work well as an FP. Of course, no way to give her another FP, but they might try to cut the music differently, 'cause yes, that big ending is really missing!
All in all, we must be really happy and proud of Aliona, 'cause she made it to GPF! :hap10::party2: Can't wait to see her in Osaka in December! :)

FEpj2ui-Vc-AESHSX3.jpg

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
In Sochi Yuzuru Hanyu broke the SP 100 pts ceiling and everybody remembers his fabulous skate there, and most media photos of his Gold were from Parisienne Walkways.
His Free is less remembered when compared with all his other Free programs, and he fell (but he had the highest planned jump content IIRC). So as a fan I don't worry too much for her Free. I'm sure it suits her better than R&J2 (and costume) suited Yuzuru. Of course I will be glad if it ends in an apotheosis but maybe it's too much for her stamina at the moment and I believe it can wait. A magical SP is what must be shown IMO. Buzz and momentum are very much in FS.

Decoder

On the Ice
As a nerve-wreck I didn't watch Aliona's programs live, and to perform my magic, I didn't say a word in the past 2 days. I think my magic worked. :ROFLMAO:

From this SP I can almost see the 2019-2020 Aliona, and I am confident she will land her 3A in GPF and the Nationals.

What I like the most is the fact that she delivered the rest of her LP after the 3A fall. She is coming back both mentally and physically.

By the way, I think the posts after Daniil's interview had a combined positive effect on Aliona's result. We as fans did a good job too! :ROFLMAO:

Imagine

Medalist
I don't know but it sure cannot add anything to the PCS, along with the music, rather opposite, I'm afraid, as I can imagine there must be also a few judges that cannot stand listening to this.. ahem.. music.. 🤔
Lately, she seems to be really into putting stuff all around her eyes. She does not need this. Her eyes are already naturally captivating.

irriya

On the Ice
Lately, she seems to be really into putting stuff all around her eyes. She does not need this. Her eyes are already naturally captivating.
I agree. She really needs to focus on the right thing. The makeup and hair are not going to help the scores as much as jumps and programs...

Batsuchan

Medalist
Video link:

WOW, just WOW!!!!! :eek2:
Aliona's new EX is just 🔥🔥🔥

I was NOT expecting Harley Quinn, but now I just can't imagine a more appropriate character for Aliona to play, and I can't think of a pair of songs that fit Aliona better than these two!!

This was just Aliona being Aliona x 10000, and I am here for it!!! :rock::love2:
k26mY6.gif