Alena Kostornaia | Page 353 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Batsuchan

Medalist
For those who were asking about Aliona's makeup, here's an interesting article about Aliona's makeup and costumes.

It's written by my favorite Russian skating journalist, Anastasia Panina, whom I like to believe is a secret Kosto-fan who needs to pretend to be objective because she's a journalist. :biggrin:

She talks with a makeup artist about Aliona's glitter makeup, and this is what she had to say [via GoogleTranslate]:
- These sparkles are now a trend among young people - there and in addition to Billie Eilish, many of the young stars and their followers wear makeup like that. But in this case, if Billy's music is used, the reference is also clearly to her. In close-ups, I like the blue and gold glitter freckles. I would not say that from a distance they look like dirt, because they are not glued chaotically, but on a clearly defined area. Most often, in such cases, colorless glitter is really used, or at least in skin color, so that it only gives shine. But here the sequins are chosen under the blue dress and eyes - quite appropriate. By the way, I note that the glitter is painfully washed off - it can even leave micro-scratches.

Photo-comparison:
d6ba7c1d29b31dcf822e004721d6d8dc61994f38c37ff766759741.jpg

I also liked this quote:
Well, I can not help but note that Alena has such eyes that no matter how she put on her makeup, everything will be beautiful.
I agree! :love:

Yes, if everything were up to me, I would probably say, if you're as naturally gorgeous as Aliona and have such naturally stunning eyes, then less is more... HOWEVER, Aliona has clearly stated that she wants to be different from everyone else, and we know that the success of her programs depends heavily on her mood--when's she confident and into her programs, they sparkle. So if wearing the glitter makeup makes helps with that, then I'm all for it! :rock:
(Also, I do feel like the more people tell her NOT do something, the more likely she is to do it...that is our rebel for you!) :ROFLMAO:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I also liked this quote:
Well, I can not help but note that Alena has such eyes that no matter how she put on her makeup, everything will be beautiful.
I would slightly disagree, or rather say that I don't have material to agree. Alyona is a wonderful make-up artist herself and while yes she has the most beautiful eyes, I find it hard to ascertain that any make-up would have a beautiful rendering.
I somehow fancied that Alina passed on to her the make-up advice she got from Shiseido but it can also be innate taste and sense of rendering.

About her new hair colour, I bet the colours for her Harley Quinn EX won't go immediately so she used a darker tone to cover up until the blue and red are gone. It also gives her an opportunity to try something else.

Batsuchan

Medalist
About her new hair colour, I bet the colours for her Harley Quinn EX won't go immediately so she used a darker tone to cover up until the blue and red are gone. It also gives her an opportunity to try something else.

Yep, you are totally correct! A fan asked her about her hair color, and apparently Aliona used a blue tint balm that didn't wash off, so she dyed it a darker color so the blue would be less obvious.

So this continues the tradition of Aliona having weirdly dyed hair at the GPF! :biggrin:
If you recall, she had green hair at the 2017 JGPF, and pink hair at the 2019 GPF, and now she's going to have blue hair at the 2021 GPF!! ;)
:rofl::rofl:

McBibus

On the Ice
So this continues the tradition of Aliona having weirdly dyed hair at the GPF! :biggrin:
If you recall, she had green hair at the 2017 JGPF, and pink hair at the 2019 GPF, and now she's going to have blue hair at the 2021 GPF!! ;)

How could anyone not love her 🥰
Like the last training before competition.
Everybody else: constume, hair and makeup
Aliona: I don't give a ****! This sweater is so comfy :coffee: and... I don't need to dress up to be noticed :devilish:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yep, you are totally correct! A fan asked her about her hair color, and apparently Aliona used a blue tint balm that didn't wash off, so she dyed it a darker color so the blue would be less obvious.

Real hair dyeing for an Exhibition program, that's commitment.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Lately, she seems to be really into putting stuff all around her eyes. She does not need this. Her eyes are already naturally captivating.
The thing is you have to let a teenager be a teenager. If she wants to do this she's going to do it. I would not think it impacts her skating at all.

We all desperately want aleona's scores to go way up like they used to be. Let's see if that can happen because people generally like her programs now and if she likes them I expect her to get better for Grand Prix final and then nationals and who knows what else.

Scott512

Record Breaker
score 20% more: impossible
global impression 20% better is possibile.
there is nothing to lose there so she will go for a trixel in the short.
That could be a boost and raise her up
When does she have to do the triple axel by in the SP GPF or Russian Nationals? I think it's the gpf because we want the judges at Russian Nationals to be ready for her triple axel in the SP.

The thing is a aleona needs to be able to do the triple Axel in the x s p and then let her skating skills take the lead over Liza so Liza doesn't have a big lead over her heading into the free.

spicymacaron

On the Ice
When does she have to do the triple axel by in the SP GPF or Russian Nationals? I think it's the gpf because we want the judges at Russian Nationals to be ready for her triple axel in the SP.

The thing is a aleona needs to be able to do the triple Axel in the x s p and then let her skating skills take the lead over Liza so Liza doesn't have a big lead over her heading into the free.
If she wants to be scored generously at nationals, she will have to land some 3As at gpf. Otherwise, Liza will be supported(unless she has a disaster skate, which hasn't happened recently).