Alena Kostornaia | Page 386 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

macy

Record Breaker
deep down i hope she makes her adele program a competition program. that is my favorite exhibition of hers, it's the perfect combo of the styles of music she skates well to, like a toned down version of her short last year. i'd LOVE to see that as a short and something like Adios Nonino for her FS.

Scott512

Record Breaker
just gorgeous.
She is looking really good and just starting to recover from her injuries. Wait another 2 or 3 months and aliona will be even better. I hope she is following what's going on and to see how well Loena did scoring about 220 points at worlds and Kaori scoring well over 230 points at worlds and both without ultra si.

Let's just hope AK gets real opportunities to compete next season but it's all up in the air for reasons she is not responsible for.

McBibus

On the Ice
She is looking really good and just starting to recover from her injuries. Wait another 2 or 3 months and aliona will be even better. I hope she is following what's going on and to see how well Loena did scoring about 220 points at worlds and Kaori scoring well over 230 points at worlds and both without ultra si.

Let's just hope AK gets real opportunities to compete next season but it's all up in the air for reasons she is not responsible for.
She could surely score like that if she skates clean and confident, but in russia I don't think anybody without ultra-c would be considered for international selection (understandable from their point of view).
As usual Aliona got the short stick because she gained herself those GP spots that the fed won't probably give her, but they will be gone before russia will return to international competitions.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She could surely score like that if she skates clean and confident, but in russia I don't think anybody without ultra-c would be considered for international selection (understandable from their point of view).
As usual Aliona got the short stick because she gained herself those GP spots that the fed won't probably give her, but they will be gone before russia will return to international competitions.
I have heard Russia can't be banned from the GP series because that is not based on nationality just performance and numbers only. I'm not 100% sure about that but that's what I've heard from others.

Anyway I hope that Aliona gets to keep her 2 GP events whether they're for this season or next season or wherever. This girl has had so much bad luck in her career I can't believe it. Timing is everything. I think AK would have won worlds 2 years ago at 16 and her career would be totally different.