Alena Kostornaia | Page 258 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Batsuchan

Medalist
Anyone else see the new Angels of Plushenko Instagram story? Aliona's 3S looks looser than I remember. Could the quad be coming?
Here's the clip:

It's definitely a nice, big, airy 3S! :love:

As for a possible quad...WELLLL, Aliona did tell them to stop filming here:

What is it that you don't want us to see, Aliona?? :unsure::biggrin:

But realistically speaking, I think that if Aliona were working on a 4S (or even her 3A), she'd be wearing those padded shorts that she has...

But we can hope! ;)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
It was my first thought when I saw the 3S - much looser, slower rotation, very high! I think she is trying the quad :) I hope it won't affect her gorgoeus 3A though 🙏
Gosh I love her so much... I want to see her on the top of the podium in Beijing so badly!

McBibus

On the Ice
It was my first thought when I saw the 3S - much looser, slower rotation, very high! I think she is trying the quad :) I hope it won't affect her gorgoeus 3A though 🙏
Gosh I love her so much... I want to see her on the top of the podium in Beijing so badly!
That's how I like jumps: High and with slow rotation, like the skater is suspended in the air, there is no gravity and there's no hurry to get back on the ice

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I can't wait to see Aliona compete, just 2 more weeks. :cheer:

But I realized she is scheduled to have 4 competitions in less than 2 months (the 2 cup events, Rostelecom, RusNats) it sounds a bit too much. Hopefully her new team will know how to handle it.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I usually don't self promote, but I drew Aliona specifically so I'd have a profile photo for here. It seems sometimes this thread enjoys fan art so here is it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqHxcsBTYj/?igshid=ptswex2rpifp

Don't know why the embed feature for instagram isn't working anymore ):

Anyways, I'm always looking for practice so if there are really brilliant photos of Aliona that you've been dying to see as fan art, drop them here, I can never decide what to draw next.