Alena Kostornaia | Page 259 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
A sketch, who is her seamstress now? Seems the women of the account is a costume designer, but skating costumes are quite different from dance costumes.
Hopefully it will be fitting and ready in time, for it does look nice.

Last edited:

Batsuchan

Medalist

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

McBibus

On the Ice
3F+3T, 3F+EU+3S, 3Lz in a minute.
Thats probably between 2:00 and 3:30.
Missing 2 jumps and a combo (last year 3A+2T, 3A, 2A)
Bets are open 🕵️‍♂️

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
3F+3T, 3F+EU+3S, 3Lz in a minute.
Thats probably between 2:00 and 3:30.
Missing 2 jumps and a combo (last year 3A+2T, 3A, 2A)
Bets are open 🕵️‍♂️
My bet is it’s back. I think there shouldn’t really be issues with that, she was landing it the whole season, so there’s probably already enough muscle memory formed to help her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
A new clip of Aliona's FS. With jumps and the beginning of her StSq :)

Omg, I love it! The transition of the music also sounds smooth and not jarring at all. Can't wait to see the whole thing this week.

Jumps are looking solid (her 3F+3T as gorgeous as ever), though there were some URs (e.g, on the lutz). I still wonder about her 3A but I guess we'll find out soon.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I love the new clip as well ❤️ she's so fast and goes with the music so perfectly! Her lutz looks a little off but I'm sure it will get better. We get to see her so soon and I'm incredibly excited! Too bad she has to face Sasha this early though :(
I pray to all skating gods Plushenko gets her a quad :pray: I think both 4S and 4T would be possible for her, the height she gets in those jumps is insane. I'm terribly curious if she restored her 3A already...

McBibus

On the Ice
I finally had a chance to look at it on a proprer monitor.
She skates so gorgeous 🤩😍

3Lz definitely UR
3F+3T amazing as always. The entry speed, the height and the flow are terrific.
I think she has the best flow in jumps ever and it's like she lands on a pillow, caressing the ice instead of hitting it.

Talking about landing I think one of the big differences watching live vs TV is the sound of the blades

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
A new clip of Aliona's FS. With jumps and the beginning of her StSq :)

Watch the clip again and check out the shorts... I’m almost 100% positive those are her padded shorts... and she looks tired especially on that last lutz... 4S, 3A-2T, 3A, 3Lo?? Or am I just daydreaming?

I would say 4S, 3A-2T, 2A, 3Lo but does it make sense for her to add a quad in place of a 3A when her 3A GOE is so high? Though she isn’t like Anna and Sasha, she wouldn’t add the element unless she was near certain it could be executed without failure in competition.

Last edited:

silveruskate

On the Ice
Wonderful! She grew so much as well. Does Aliona always wear padded shorts? 4S would be cool but she might be wearing them if the 3A isn't perfect.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Watch the clip again and check out the shorts... I’m almost 100% positive those are her padded shorts... and she looks tired especially on that last lutz... 4S, 3A-2T, 3A, 3Lo?? Or am I just daydreaming?

I would say 4S, 3A-2T, 2A, 3Lo but does it make sense for her to add a quad in place of a 3A when her 3A GOE is so high? Though she isn’t like Anna and Sasha, she wouldn’t add the element unless she was near certain it could be executed without failure in competition.
I feel like the secrecy about the beginning of her program is only explained by her either not having the 3A back, or a change in her front half content for the more difficult...? I really want to be optimistic. It would be amazing if she has a quad or is on the way to getting one, but I don't want to get my hopes up either.

Magill

Record Breaker
I feel like the secrecy about the beginning of her program is only explained by her either not having the 3A back, or a change in her front half content for the more difficult...? I really want to be optimistic. It would be amazing if she has a quad or is on the way to getting one, but I don't want to get my hopes up either.
Wondering whether "the secrecy about the beginning of her program" is only explained by her either not having the 3A back, or actually having it :) , maybe along with a quad, I tend to believe the latter, simply because of the public countdown she has started in her account, counting days left to the competiton. Although anything is possible, something makes me think it is an expression of confidence and excitement, and her eagerness to compete. Such eagerness is usually found in those who have high hopes and it tells me that, most probably, Alyona is going to have something to show us, apart from her beautiful costume :biggrin:

macy

Record Breaker
my guess is the padded shorts are for her 3As. i don't know if we will see them in competition this weekend but i'm leaning towards they are good enough to train in her programs at the moment. i'm not holding my breath, but of course it would be great to see the 3As back, even if only in the free program.