Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually had a dream about these 2 last night. I dreamed they were going to teach skating to beginning skaters all across the country and they were coming to St Louis. I was practicing the hell out of my "skating on one foot" so I could impress them with my mad skillz. Then I woke up:(

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa and Chris are teasing us on social media.

Chris has posted a photo of his passport and a plane seat on IG and Alexa has a photo of her passport and the airport in her IG stories. Chris has a #newadventures hashtag, but he did respond in comments that it was not a honeymoon;)

So: vacation or otherwise?:biggrin:

slider11

Medalist
Mmmhhh...you need a passport to enter Canada. Wonder if they are looking at coaches there? Bruno Marcotte?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
They’re in Chicago getting choreo from Benoit Richaud. So is Bradie Tennell.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sounds like Twin Rinks Buffalo Grove! Quick, someone ask them who their new coach is!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Arriba627, time for you to go to the rink and find out:laugh:

Very curious, they have already posted photos (a week or so ago?) on IG of themselves with Benoît (someone had to tell me who it was, I had no idea who the guy in the hood was, so I am trusting it is him from others) talking about organic salad.

You can use a passport as your ID for domestic travel (I do, my state doesn’t have “Real ID” drivers license), but still ...

For those of you who are also Jason fans, is this Jason levels of vaguebooking? :biggrin:;)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, that was Benoit that was with them in CO Springs

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Arriba627, time for you to go to the rink and find out:laugh:

At Nats when I talked to Bradie at the Friends of Figure Skating breakfast, I asked if they allow people to come and watch the skaters train at Twin Rinks. She said no, it's a private rink. Phooey! Off season is a great time for detective work! :laugh:

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Twin Rinks was my rink when I was a kid. Jason Brown and Danny O'shea and Jessica Calalang used to do the ice shows when I was in the lower levels. I certainly don't think it's the kind of place where anyone decent is based out of. Even back then it wasn't those three's main rinks. We have two full size rinks, which makes me think it's the place to go when you just need ice. Ok I d.id a little more research and it is Bradie's main rink. Basically I don't think this is a symbol of a move for Chris and Alexa, but I could be wrong

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Twin Rinks was my rink when I was a kid. Jason Brown and Danny O'shea and Jessica Calalang used to do the ice shows when I was in the lower levels. I certainly don't think it's the kind of place where anyone decent is based out of. Even back then it wasn't those three's main rinks. We have two full size rinks, which makes me think it's the place to go when you just need ice. Ok I d.id a little more research and it is Bradie's main rink. Basically I don't think this is a symbol of a move for Chris and Alexa, but I could be wrong

I don’t think anyone and esp not me were saying this was where the Knierims were moving to. They’re just getting choreo there.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Alexa and Chris *are* moving to Chicago ... and Germany! Leaving Dalilah? Training with Aljona? Who woulda thunk it? ;)

well, best of luck to them:clap:, but I am most concerned about Scarlett, Diesel, Cami, and the second kitty whose name I forget. Hopefully Alexa’s mom and sister are on critter duty:)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait?! What?! I'm stunned, and very happy for them. Didn't they used to skate at 7 Bridges in Woodridge? There are so many rinks here it doesn't necessarily have to be at Twin Rinks in Buffalo Grove. And working in Germany too -- I'm speechless, in a good way! :laugh:

musicfan80

Medalist
Somewhat surprised - I was under the impression that Alexa and Chris would never leave Delilah - but I think this change will be for the better. I think Aljona will help them with packaging their programs and nailing their elements better.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm happy for them. The change was needed IMO, Aliona's team will probably do them very good. Plus, while I'm no S/M fan, their porgrams are good, so I hope for improvement in that area a lot.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, Alexa and Chris skated at Glacier Ice Arena on Monday the 14th. No clue if that means anything at all or if they were just in need of some ice time.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good on Sun Valley for not treating pairs like the ugly stepsister of figure skating! I'm sure Alexa and Chris will put on a great show.

musicfan80

Medalist
For those of you who like podcasts, the Committed podcast (from HowStuffWorks) posted a new episode today “Toepick” about Alexa and Chris’s skating and their love story. I’m so excited to listen! :yes: