Amazing Skaters Who Never Won an Olympic or World (individual) Medal | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Amazing Skaters Who Never Won an Olympic or World (individual) Medal

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Of course the first skater that comes into my mind is the already mentioned Emanuel Sandhu. He had all the qualities to be number one, but crumbled especially later in his career.
Lucinda Ruh was like Emanuel, classically trained, and her skating positions and spins are second to none.
Who remembers super tall Laurent Tobel? He was amazingly cute.

macy

Record Breaker
hmmmm..Gracie has bronse at WCH, I believe.. ( And she has a gold for her whole life :biggrin:)

nope, in 2016 she was first after the short but ended up in 4th overall. that was the year Wagner won silver.

labgoat

Now updating the 6.0 rewatches with new videos
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am with whoever said Jeremy Abbott - timing is everything. Also Alexander Abt, Kyoko Ina and Jason DUNGJEN and Sinead & John Kerr.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
My obvious pick when I first saw this was Gracie Gold. In practice she would look (and sometimes still does) like an Olympic champion or medalist, her jumps are just so massive and she was underrated with her PCS (imo). But I also would like to add Joshua Farris. Josh had such great PCS, but just couldn’t hold up technically (no quad) however I won’t ever forget Josh’s short and long from FCC 2015!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'd add Alissa Czisny and Mirai Nagasu to the list (though Mirai did win a Team Olympic medal).

I also loved U.S. ice dancers Punsalan and Swallow. And a couple teams who were great pro skaters despite no medals are pair team Leonova & Khvalko (who I believe teamed up as pros) and ice dancers Roca and Sur.

It's so surprising to see Nobunari Oda never won a World medal! When I saw him listed I thought surely that's wrong. He obviously still had an amazing career!

Cdimop

Rinkside
I was thinking mark Mitchell too..... and Angela Nikadinov is also a great choice someone mentioned...... Charlene Wong