American Idol May4/5 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol May4/5

I like Paula the best of the three judges. She's nice. Plus, what can she say? Her own career was, well, she was a great dancer and a stunning beauty, she has a little bit of OK stage presence (that "star quality"), and you can always turn up the mix to cover her singing. Rumors that she made her way up the ladder via the casting couch, well, who knows.

Do you all think that Fantasia has a little bit of a Billie Holiday "drunk child" edge to her voice?

Mathman

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Clay "stepped it up" and has the best career of any US AI contestant yet. So Toni, when are you going to realize that Clay is the one who really "won" and just bust out and be HAPPY about that??!!!

oh I do realize he won... but still... I want him to have the title...;

ok seriously I don't care one way or the other.... I did when it first happened... but while most Clay fans have cried "foul!" since that night... I've always believed Clay's fans did their own undoing... we shut down the lines

plus some 80,000 votes went to a completely different number and most were for Clay... Ryan said in an interview that even with those votes Ruben still might have won as a lot of his votes went to a wrong number as well... it was close... both were lovable guys...

this year it's more of a personality contest IMHO... I really don't think Diana's as great as a lot of people say she is... though she isn't singing AS FLAT... if she makes the top two I will be completely shocked...

then again JUSTIN made the top 2 in the first season... maybe AI will have an on again off again track record? What is also interesting is, that like the first season, the "best looking" are making it further than the others... I could be wrong... but I think that has a lot to do with it (dad says that's why Camille made it so far... not her singing... but that bikini segment LOL)

Show... as far as I know only Justin Guarini lost his record deal... Ruben's tour has been "put on hold" though

Do you all think that Fantasia has a little bit of a Billie Holiday "drunk child" edge to her voice?
not sure what that means... but I liked Simon's Donald Duck comment... I really don't like the tone in her voice... it's not that she's a bad singer... it just does nothing for me.

Last edited: