American Idol - Top 24 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Top 24

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dude if Sanjaya doesn't go home tonight my aunt is going to go homicidal and probably fly a plane down to LA lol

his hair gave me nightmares! :eek:
Ohhhh no Toni, he better be gone tonight then!!

Seanibu said:
It reminds me of "My Little Pony" I guess we know which crowd he is trying to get votes from. Throw Strawberry Shortcake on his neck and he has it made
Sean, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
My favorites from last night were: Blake, Phil & Chris R. I was very disappointed with Chris S altho I still think he has a beautiful voice. Least favorite performance was Sanjaya. I found that hairdo very distracting. The rest were all ok.

Arianne

On the Ice
Wow! What a night. I think Haley definately should go. She really put me to sleep with that song. Of course, Sanjaya isn't great, but atleast he is interesting! I am always excited to see what he will try to pull off each night! I thought his vocal was a little better this time....even if he did forget the words.

I won't spoil it incase anyone hasn't seen or heard....but the results show last night....
:disapp: :scratch: :disagree: :unsure: :scowl: :no:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Looks like the Magical Hair of Invincibility won the day again! I don't know what else to say about Sanjaya. I just hope he doesn't start getting death threats the way John Stevens was rumored to when he overstayed his welcome.
I'm beginning to think Haley's legs might have magical powers, too. If the skirt she was wearing the other night had been any shorter, it could have been a scarf. So now Cowell remembers her name. Ew.
I found this week to be totally and completely meh. Gwen Stefani. Why? Couldn't Lulu have done a second week? Lulu :rock:
I was sorry to see Sligh go, but he really was dull this week. Phil stepped it up, but that's still not saying much. Blake is starting to get on my nerves (how the heck can you sing "Love Song" and not wring any emotion out of it? Just askin'), and I'm so tired of Justin Timberfake and the boy band schtick that I'm about to start muting the boy.
As for the girls, did Gina finally take her tongue stud out? She was a little easier to understand this week. Jordin picked a lousy song but is working the cute factor really well, so she'll be around for a while. I was disappointed that both LaKisha and Melinda chose fossilized Donna Summer - I really want to see them outside of their comfort zones.
That probably won't happen next week, considering the guest is that icon of current pop relevance, Tony Bennett. Oh, well. (*sigh*) Guess I'll just have to find a nice Pinot to wash down all the cheese.
Last week was awesome. This week, it was American I-dull!
xoxo
Rave

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rave, you didn't comment on Sanjaya. I know, I know, what's there to say. :laugh: :laugh:

I was sorry to see Chris S. go but he didn't do his song justice.

Tonichelle said:
if Sanjaya doesn't go home tonight my aunt is going to go homicidal and probably fly a plane down to LA
Toni, how is your auntie doing??

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well... I haven't seen her since we went to bed last night... so who knows ;)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I was disappointed that Chris Sligh was voted off but it was not a good performance that he gave on Tuesday night. It just doesn't seem right tho that Sanjaya is still there while more talented people are shipped home.

Binky30

Rinkside
As much as I wish Sanjaya would just voluntarily leave, or something (Toni, is your aunt working on that? ;) ) I can't get too angry, because I've been watching since season one, when Nikki McKibben stayed beyond TAMYRA. *That* was an outrage. :laugh:

Or maybe it was more of an outrage that Justin stayed and Tamyra didn't....:rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
most of Season 1's group sucked....

Kelly was the only real talent... Tamyra was overhyped *will now run and hide from Binky*

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Rave, you didn't comment on Sanjaya. I know, I know, what's there to say. :laugh: :laugh:
Dee

The hair was so amazing that I didn't hear a word he sang, Dee. This is the power of Sanjaya's Magical Hair of Invincibility.
:biggrin:

Binky30

Rinkside
Here's hoping that Toni's aunt's name is Delilah!

hahahahaha Seanibu! That is hilarious!

most of Season 1's group sucked....

Kelly was the only real talent... Tamyra was overhyped *will now run and hide from Binky*

Maybe...but can you actually say she was less talented than NIKKI??? LOLOL

(and FWIW, I liked Kelly better than Tamyra...)

And if I didn't smack you for your love for Taylor *gag*, it's not gonna happen now. :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
LOL!!!! btw, I got your card yesterday thank you so much! It's so pretty and so sweet! :)

has anyone heard about Chris S.'s tirade?

Binky30

Rinkside
btw, I got your card yesterday thank you so much! It's so pretty and so sweet!
Yay! Don't you love surprises in the mail? :yes:

I read Chris S' comments about leaving the show, and I think it came off as sore loser or sour grapes. I mean, he never said a word about wanting to leave, until he got the boot? And then to say that he only stayed because he wanted to go on the tour and get paid, that he never "wanted to win" AI? Well, geez, pal. I bet Stephanie (or Rudy, or AJ, or Brandon, or...) would've been happy to trade you places. Jerk. I'm sorry, but that whole interview just rubbed me the wrong way.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah he said Simon was a jerk because he said 'bye bye curly' before they even said who was going home. said he though Simon should at least let him go out with Dignity.

but considering what his post show interviews sound like - dignity was never meant to be in his equation anyway...

Sundance's sour grapes, though, are still the worst out of this group... cocky guys annoy me.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, it's gonna be Tony Bennett tonight. Personally, this is not a genre that thrills me much; I have a feeling the good performances are gonna be done to dull boring songs, and the not-so-good are gonna -- well, at least be entertaining in their own twisted way....:laugh:

I also think tonight will have "drinking game potential" (for those of you with a leaning toward that sort of thing... :biggrin: ): Simon has been spending about one-third of his critiques this season telling everyone that they sound anywhere from 20 to 50 years older than their actual ages, and given TONIGHT'S theme -- well, it's pretty much a no-brainer. One can take a drink every time Simon (or even Randy) makes any kind of "You sounded [number at least 20 years higher than their actual age]" reference.....

My prediction: Melinda, LaKisha, and Jordin are going to be good, but the song they choose is gonna be boring (at least IMO); Blake is going to stick some innovations onto whatever song he chooses and will probably end up with the performance of the night; Sanjaya, Phil, and Haley are going to be anywhere from surprisingly good to total disaster depending on song choice; Gina is gonna totally flop and flounder; and Chris is going to ruin another one. (For all the flak Sanjaya is getting, I don't think he has destroyed nearly as many good songs as Chris has; I liked Chris at first but he's been the one I most want to see go since we got into the Top 12)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I would think the drinking game would be more fun with 'number of times Paula acts like she is on drugs' lol

the drinking would never end! :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At MSN.com, you can vote for the winner down to 9th place. I was surprised by the 9th place winner percentage wise. Sanjaya over Haley and Chris, what a hoot!!!

73338 responses

1. 'Idol' winner
1. Melinda Doolittle ( 55% )
2. Blake Lewis ( 11% )
3. LaKisha Jones ( 11% )

2. 'Idol' runnerup
1. LaKisha Jones ( 31% )
2. Melinda Doolittle ( 25% )
3. Blake Lewis ( 17% )

3. Third best
1. LaKisha Jones ( 26% )
2. Blake Lewis ( 18% )