American Idol - Top 24 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Top 24

merrywidow

Record Breaker
No surprise to me that Stephanie was sent home. She butchered a beautiful song. All I could think of was how beautifully Nadia Turner sang it & how beautifully Nadia was dressed. For the first time, I didn't think Sanjaya was too bad. He was better than Stephanie, IMO!

equestrianguy

On the Ice
<I would love to see Blake tackle Erasure.>

I think Blake has a very Morrisey sound to his voice.

<I detected definite Shirely Bassey Tuesday night>

How can you sing a song like "Diamonds are Forever" and not imitate Miss Bassey? You should see me sing it! :laugh: I kind of feel a song like that should only be sung by Miss Bassey herself...it's hard to touch a classic like that. Kind of like "Over the RAinbow". No one should sing that song except Miss Garland herself.. I do give cudos to Liza for never touching any on her mothers songs.. Not like Miss Cole that had to remake all her fathers..lol

<Melinda's outfit wasn't all that flattering to her, it made her look like she had no neck and that her shoulders were rounded...>

Did Melinda Do-Alot ever have a neck? lol Neck or no neck...still love her..

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well yeah she has a short neck to begin with... but that shirt and hairstyle just totally hid it!!! It just didn't look right lol (I know it has nothing to do with singing but still)

Lakisha also had another outfit I didn't like... her top was a little too 'heavy' looking...

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Melinda has kind of an odd body type in general. Not exactly the type of body made for those (often) weird funky clothes they make them wear. She no doubt looks fabulous in more conservative, classic clothes but I can just hear Simon go on about how frumpy she looked if she went that route. (He definitely seems to have a thing this year for telling the contestants that they "seem middle aged" if they're not out there bumping and grinding and dressing weird, or whatever it is that he seems to want them to do to appear more "now").

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes it's all about how you properly accesorize your neck and rack...lol
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I thought Melinda looked fine..........I was listening to her sing not judging her attire.

I thought Lakisha looked beautiful!!

...............but my boy Sanjaya, :love: :love: he looked awesome. Loved his hair this week and that jacket just made it for me. He does need to borrow Blake's plaid pants for next week though. I don't know whether I could contain myself if he did. Well, one thing you can say about my little sweetie Sanjaya, he does have a neck. Oh wait, maybe he should borrow Lakisha's diamonds, oh..........be still my heart!!! :love: :love: :love:

Can't wait to buy my first Sanjaya CD. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
The reason Liza never sang her mother's songs is Judy made her promise she wouldn't. Although, she did start singing some of them a few years ago. She said something like she thought by now she could start singing some of them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Im not saying that they should be judged on what they wear... but still... lol

I dunno maybe I am old fashioned and I don't think a woman's chest needs to be falling out of her dress in order to look 'good' (I think it looks embarassing.)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Im not saying that they should be judged on what they wear... but still... lol

I dunno maybe I am old fashioned and I don't think a woman's chest needs to be falling out of her dress in order to look 'good' (I think it looks embarassing.)

I sure agree with that.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
...............but my boy Sanjaya, :love: :love: he looked awesome. Loved his hair this week and that jacket just made it for me. He does need to borrow Blake's plaid pants for next week though. I don't know whether I could contain myself if he did. Well, one thing you can say about my little sweetie Sanjaya, he does have a neck. Oh wait, maybe he should borrow Lakisha's diamonds, oh..........be still my heart!!! :love: :love: :love:

Can't wait to buy my first Sanjaya CD. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dee

I think we have a closet Worster on our hands...
I have a theory about Sanjaya. I think his hair has magical powers of invincibility. That can be the only explanation for my vote Tuesday night, because I enjoyed Sanjaya's Van Halen take on "You Really Got Me" very nearly as much as I enjoyed Taylor's covering "Play That Funky Music" last season. I laughed till I cried, got up and danced, rolled on the floor laughing some more...basically, I scared my neighbors. :laugh:
And speaking of Worsters, did anyone notice Sligh's shout-out to Dave (the guy who runs VFTW)? I think Chris wants to be their pick once Sanjaya is gone. But if he says "Fro patro!" one more time, I'll never vote for him again. What a wannabee.
I'm really starting to love this show...
xoxo
Rave

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
HEY! Taylor's Funky Music was awesome!!!! :p

I agree - it was the first performance I've seen on AI that got me up out of my seat and dancing. And singing, and laughing out loud. Excellent entertainment value!
xoxo
Rave

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Speaking of Idols past...

...I picked up Elliott Yamin's album this week. I've only managed to listen to half of it so far, but what I heard makes me glad I voted for him, goat vibratro and all. :rock:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I wasn't trying to start an argument here. :laugh:
xoxo
Rave
:rofl: Me argue with Toni, never. She'll kick my butt with energy to spare.

Actually to be perfectly clear, I did not think Elliot should have got as far as he did, but I did like his "uniqueness" in singing voice. Kinda' the same way Robert Smith sings flat all the time. It is different with different voices and I liked Elliot's.
???? Just like, no real good rational reason.

He was also a "funny" type of personality. Quirky but not annoying. He was cool IMO. Just not a "great" singer. Although I didn't like Chris all that much, I think he should have stayed longer than Elliot.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only thing I can say is if Taylor Hicks can win American Idol so can my man Sanjaya!!!!

GO SANJAYA BABY!!!

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
But Taylor has talent...

elliot channelled Carmen R. from season two way too much for my taste.

anyway, enough reliving horrors of seasons past...

this next week from what I gathered from E! News Gwen Steffani is set to appear... are we going to have to listen to 10 Gwen songs next week? I may cry! LOL