Best Host's (Skating Competitions) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best Host's (Skating Competitions)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Love events that have been held in Spain, Helsinki, Canada, Japan, and USA. I was thinking maybe a Windsor-Detroit, Canada/ US theme, but the logistics probably don't lend themselves well. Oh well. Would also like to see Quebec City or Halifax, as I am thinking these cities are overdue. Two of Canada's most historic and entertaining, towns around. Also great food, hotels, people, pubs, "beaucoup d' esprit"!

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
I wanna see a competition held in South America =D

Well, here in brazil crowds would fill all avaliable seats because ice skating is something fancy here, people would be curious =) And very friendly too, keep in mind how we cheered for the chubby swimmer during last olympic games :)

mrrice

Record Breaker

Well, here in brazil crowds would fill all avaliable seats because ice skating is something fancy here, people would be curious =) And very friendly too, keep in mind how we cheered for the chubby swimmer during last olympic games :)

I agree.......I have always wanted to see a great coach move to Mexico. The audiences were so friendly when we toured there in the 90's. We were nothing special and they treated us like stars. So sweet and very giving. No matter where we went, we were given gifts by the locals. One of the few times I ever cried when leaving a country....

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

I think that artistic roller skating is fairly popular (I know in relative terms ... ) there at least judging from the list of competitors in this sport. Figure Skating ... wel you need accessible rinks for that so I guess there will not be ''boom'' soon. And yes ... South Americans seem to be great supporters during sport events.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would also like to see Quebec City or Halifax, as I am thinking these cities are overdue.

I was in Halifax last summer and was thinking what a great place that would be for an international competition. A bit of an uphill walk from the waterfront :) but a very cool town.