Big Brother | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Big Brother

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I only saw about 20 minutes last night because of the time change. Did they give an update on Will & Natalie? Poor Will if Adria gets the boot this week.

Dee

Just caught up on this weeks episodes off tape....except I set the timer wrong for Saturday's and missed all but the last few minutes of the show!
I checked the BB5 website and saw that Drew put up Diane and Marvin, Diane won POV and saved herself, Nikomus was put up in her place, Marvin went home and Nikomus again won HOH...did I miss anything really juicey???

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To answer my own question: They showed Natalie and Will living in the big house. Will was very nice to Natalie but thought concepts were not nice but honest.

Drew told Diane he couldn't trust her anymore but I think they were just playing. Drew told Diane if he put her up then the other house guests would think they are not in an alliance any longer. Diane gets on my nerves when she starts crying but then in the next breath says how strong she is.

I think I'm hoping the final two are Nikomas and Karen.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So who is getting the boot tonight? Karen or Cowboy? I am really disliking Drew and Diane.

Dee

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm rooting for Diane and Drew. The two I don't want to see win are Cowboy and Karen, but I actually like everyone left in the house for the first time ever for a Big Brother show nearing the end.

guinevere

Final Flight
I agree with purplecat - there's no one left in the house that I actively dislike, although I definitely still have my preferences. I'm fairly certain that karen will be going, but I'd be really happy to be wrong.

Here are my thoughts on the Fianl 5, and who I think should win:

Nakomis: My favorite since Day 1, as she is the only person on a reality show I think i've ever seen who is anything like me & people I know. I assumed she would be eliminated early for not being a "hot chick" (gag), have been really pleased at her strategy and her attitude throughout the game. I really want her to win, but the vote tonight will show if she's even got a chance.

Diane: She's kind of a mess, personality-wise, and I probably wouldn't like her in person, but she's been the shrewdest player this season. She plays very emotionally, so she isn't always in control, but she's able to see the big picture of the game, always. Again, not my favorite, but if she wins it will be well deserved.

Drew: Mr Nice Guy really rubs me the wrong way. I hated him in the Horsemen - although he is the one who changed the game by going against his own alliance and orchestrating Holly's elimination. He has been working the game, but I have a hard time with his gee-shucks persona.

Karen: I like Karen personally, and I see now that she does have some strategy, but I don't really respect her playing. She is so desperate not to attract attention, that everyone notices her! Not only has she been riding coattails, she is terrified of looking like she's making a decision. Of course, she's the one person everyone else should want to go up against, because I don't think she'd win against anyone.

Michael: Michael started off as a Horsemen flunky, and has gotten to be a much better player since Scott and Jase left. The only reason I have him down below Karen is that I have really gotten the sense all along that he somehow thinks he deserves the money the most, to provide for his family. That instantly puts me off a competitor, because it should be all about the game, not your circumstances.

guinevere

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excellent summation Guinevere!! I understand what you're saying about Diane shrewdness but I still don't want her to win. I think the only one I truly want to win is Nakomis but with Drew in power, I don't think she has a chance. Cowboy gets on my nerves a lot. If I could have my way, I would like Nakomis and Drew as the final two. Do you think if it is between Drew and Diane, that Diane has a chance. I think the surprising thing about BB5 is that it has been so predictible. Drew may shake the whole thing up with the nomination Saturday.

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
Nakomis pretty much has to win the Veto or she's history - this is true whether Drew nominates her Saturday or not (if she's not on the block and someone else wins Veto, she's going on the block).

This end game is where everyone's strategy is a bit flawed. Everyone is playing to get to the final 2, not to win. Nakomis probably is seeing things the most clear right now, but with Karen gone, she's forced to play just to stay another week.

Nakomis and Diane should absolutely want to take each other to the final 2 - the twins have already indicated that they will vote for Drew or Michael over Nakomis or Diane, I think Marvin will vote for either of the guys over Nak or Diane (definitely over Diane!), and whichever of Michael or Drew is eliminated would vote for the other guy over either girl (Drew might possibly vote for Diane over Michael, but it's a 50/50 crapshoot). No one should want to go up against Michael - Drew is the only one who could possibly win against him, and even that's tenuous. OTOH, Michael should absolutely want Diane sitting next to him in the final 2. Michael, however, is all about "honor", so he will take Drew if he gets the chance.

Nakomis - should take Diane, would take Diane
Diane - should take Nakomis, would take Drew or possibly Cowboy
Drew - should take Diane, not sure if he will take Diane or Cowboy
Cowboy - should take Diane, will take Drew

guinevere

ps I love that Nakomis was totally calm about Karen being evicted and Diane was freaking out, completely creating all the drama. Also, I thihnk Will is being a bit ridiculous with his grudge against the twins, but he's so funny that I don't care. And Marvin's entrance was great!

I agree with Guinevere. Everybody should want to take Diane with them to the final two.

But Nikomus still has a fighting chance. Win the veto, she's in the final three. She has a chance against Diane (everyone on the jury hates her), Cowboy (this silly boy played a ridiculous game, while Nikomus played great and deserves the prize), or Drew (the sleazeball who promised eveybody everything -- did you notice how long he pauses to look at himself in the mirror every time to goes in and out of the diary room, LOL?)

Mathman

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I do hope that no-one happened to be walking along outside the Big Green Wall when they sling-shotted Nakomus's Big Black Pants over it -- those things could have killed somebody!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
did you notice how long he pauses to look at himself in the mirror every time to goes in and out of the diary room, LOL?)Mathman
Yes, I did notice that!! I think Diane & Drew deserve each other. As time goes on, I really, really like Nikomis. I do hope she wins!!! If cowboy wins, I think I will torture myself and eat a candy bar--snickers to be exact!!

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Nikomis win, too. She's been as upfront & honest as it is possible to be in this game. Don't count Diane out as the winner tho. Dr. Will (2nd season winner? 3rd season?) didn't have an ally on the jury & he admitted to lying, breaking promises, etc., all throughout the game. He won. Why? Because he managed to get himself into the final 2 by wheeling & dealing. His strategy was "take me with you because you'll win. Everybody hates me." The jury admired him for fooling them & sticking it out to the end.

guinevere

Final Flight
There is such a world of difference between Diane and Dr Will! Dr Will was completely upfront with all the other players about lying to everybody - and each person chose to believe that he was lying to everyone but them. Diane does the dirty work of BB well, but she has this need to come of as trustworthy, which completely undermines her game. Her whole "Why is everyone mad at ME? Other people voted so-and-so off too!" every five seconds just underscores that it IS really personal with her, not just strategy. Actually, Diane is a perfect combination of Dr Will (strategy first and foremost) and his runner up Nicole (emotional basket case, no way she could win).

I've been looking at recaps of the BB Insider for the last couple of days. I'm not giving anything away, but I expect tomorrow night's Vetos ceremony & elimination to be one of the craziest episodes yet.

guinevere

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor Nikomis!!

I am not surprised to see Nikomis get the boot but I am sad about it. I really thought that Michael would use the POV to save Nikomis. I think Michael was a fool to think Diane will take him to the final two. I also think what he did to Nikomis was cruel.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Just wondering -- does anyone here believe that Nakomis was actually crying FOR REAL?? Personally, she doesn't strike me as much of the crying type, and like Diane said "I never saw anyone cry so much and not shed a single tear." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

guinevere

Final Flight
I was a little underwhelmed by the episode - the live feed reports I had read said that Nakomis' fit was a lot longer and seemed incredibly real. She was apparently going on quite a bit about missing her family and not getting to talk to them, which we didn't get to see at all. Also, that Cowboy kept interrupting her and saying how hard his life is - to the point where Drew and Diane told him to stop it several times. But the way it was shown, it certainly looked like Nakomis was desperately trying to sway Michael's vote.

Another difference is that Michael was being a total jerk once he won the Veto - telling Diane and Drew that he had the power and everyone must be really nice to him, etc. Both Diane and Drew were like "get him out of here". Strange that we didn't see much of that either.

I miss Nakomis - sob! But she definitely played the wrong angle to stay in. This far into the game is a bit late to play the "blood is thicker than water" card. She should have emphasized that Michael's best chance to WIN for his precious family was with her. Of course, Diane is really eveyone's best chance, but Nak could have played up Diane's dishonesty and her loyalty to Drew. I still don't think Michael would have changed the plan, but it would have worked better.

And Diane was masterful at the eviction ceremony - correctly stating that Michael was still in the game because she went against her own alliance to keep him there. I dislike Diane more and more every time I see her, but she keeps making good strategic decisions.

Tho I expected it, I was very sad that Nikomis got the boot. She was my favorite player from early on. Whether she liked him or not, she should've gotten tighter with Cowboy to play up the "blood is thicker than water" thing all along.
Out of the 3 left.....hard choice for me to pick who I want to win...I've been disliking Diane and Cowboy more and more as things went on.....thought Drew was a "mr nice guy" type, but he was in with those assinine horsemen....I don't see what he sees in Diane.....
But I guess Drew is the lesser of the 3 evils and I'd choose him.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NJSk8Fan said:
But I guess Drew is the lesser of the 3 evils and I'd choose him.
I agree with your choice. I'm with you. I don't want Diane or Cowboy to win. I liked Drew at the beginning but he hasn't lived up to my expectations. :laugh: :laugh:

Don't forget BB is on tonight 9/17.

Dee

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was so sad for Diane. Not so much that she was evicted, but more because she really cares for Drew and I think he pretty much proved that he wasn't as committed as she in their relationship. Drew doesn't trust Diane and that's too bad. I know a lot of people hate Diane, but somehow she came to be my favorite. Funny how my favorites are often the most hated (I loved Will in season 2 and Danielle in season 3 and now Diane in season 5.)

Now I have very mixed feelings about Drew. I don't know what to think about him. I think he was trying to throw that HOH so he wouldn't have to show "his cards", but fate intervened and I'm glad he won so there was no question over wondering who he would have picked. I do believe his plan was to throw the entire HOH competition and have Cowboy and Diane compete knowing they'd both pick him, but somehow he kept winning! I also think his excuse that Diane would have the votes was pathetic. That jury is not going to vote for Diane. And he may regret his choice on Tuesday. I still think he's going to win, but it's certainly not a sure bet vs. Cowboy. And I still don't know who I'm rooting for.

One more thing. I think Diane made a mistake in her speech to Drew. She basically left him off the hook saying she'd understand if he voted her out and she's still there because of him. She should have said that Drew is still there because of her and she wouldn't understand if he voted her out. Never let someone vote you out like that!!! Very dumb move! (Kind of like the guy on the Apprentice last night!)

Last edited: