What's happening to Italian pairs? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What's happening to Italian pairs?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I saw them twice this year in Sk Am and in Nationals, and I felt that Michaud was the weak link both times. I absolutely adored Peirera's charge/attack and crispness. If Michaud was strong, they should have been ahead of Stelatto etc. I dunno what happened to Nazarychev...but I wish someone had found his phone number...
Part of, it not the main reason why Lia is able to shine so much is Trennt's partnering skills... What you are missing from him is not skill... it's expression and showmanship.

Last edited:

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I admit I was cheering when I saw all green on the tech box for a Ghilardhi and Ambrosini. Especially when she landed that SBS triple salchow (which can be such a challenge for her) - I know it was on the quarter, but still... what a time to do that.
They were terrific and if they'd taken the silver I think that would've been justified (though i get why they ended up with bronze).

And their free skate has really grown on me this season, i think is my favourite free of the season now. It's beautiful.

Last edited:

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Two Italian spots at Worlds this year and three teams very worthy of that spot for differing reasons. I don't envy those making that choice, it's a difficult one.

Well, the choice should go accordingly to the current national rankings (some member here already mentioned how those work). If so, Beccari&Guarise and Conti&Macii will be at Worlds. As I already posted, I'm sure the federation will enter all 3 teams, one listed as substitute of course, so they can make changes if they need it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Part of, it not the main reason why Lia is able to shine so much is Trennt's partnering skills... What you are missing from him is not skill... it's expression and showmanship.
Sadly Lia and Trennt are going down down hill. They have the georgians, germans and 3 italians ahead of them on top of the Japanese and Deanna and Max and there is another 1or 2 teams reasonably ahead. They need to find something that makes them not so generic or ho hum because their skills are not striking or exciting. I hope this team would take advantage of the lull in skating but sadly they are not likely to be moving up.

withwings

On the Ice
IMO Lia and Trennt have to go to some other coach for the polish. They never ever will to be on the top if they will stay with the current coach. They do not need leave their coach but, at least, to go somewhere else for the second opinion, for polish. Trennt has excellent skills and personality but the performance part is missing of him He is athletic type of skater and to be on the top it is not enough. Lia is a gem for him. All what he has to learn is to respond to her; at least to look in her eyes during skates! But he does not. And, imo, Lia becomes more subdued as a result. They do have a great potential to be on the very top but to have a potential is not enough. Someone have to open window for that potential to come out. Trennt skates in the same manner like he skated with his previous partner but this is new partner and they has to skate with a new identity.

And why on earth all discussions about pairs happens in this thread?? there are three separate threads about pairs Why?? this thread is meant to be only for Italian pairs....

Last edited:

Sk8swan

On the Ice

Italian Pairs perspective 😁😍🚀

ETA: the link may word only for those having an IG account... Check Lucrezia's story