4 Gary Wong 57.30

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Short - Senior mens - my sources tell me
1 Ken Rose 63.13
2 Fedor Andreev 61.62
3 Joey Russell 61.44
4 Gary Wong 57.30

WT???? What happened? The website has not yet been updated yet? Any details about what happened?

dgel

On the Ice
WT???? What happened? The website has not yet been updated yet? Any details about what happened?

No details just a message from someone at arena. Joey's score is roughly the same as Octoberfest where he landed a not great 3-axel and did a 3-2 combo. Ken obviously skated much better than Octoberfest, and presumably Fedor had an OK but not great skate. You'll probably see skater details later tonight on the SC website- they had details up around 9 pm eastern last night.

redhotcoach

On the Ice
My guess is that Kenny gave up on the 3A - so that gave him the 2.50 points he lost at COS Sectionals; fixed his 3Lz (2.00 more points) or screw up his CiSt3 (2.10 more points) and didn't fall (1.00 points) = 63.88 possible if he skated the same program at Senior Challenge....Fedor must have actually done the 3F combination this time. At EOS sectionals, he singled both the flip and the toe - that would give him the score he has at Senior Challenge. BTW - I hope Fedor is skating with more ease at Challenge. At sectionals he was a bit off- even awkward at times in his program, and then would pull of a great jump or spin...looked like he needed more practice time under his belt during the program, although in practice he was definitely at ease.

aarower

Rinkside
Don't forget to take notice of his haircut, how hot he looks, any gossip about him and Tessa (are they still dating? :confused:), etc. Oh what I can say, I just find the man to be endlessly fascinating! :cool: Fedor is LONG overdue for a fluff piece which focuses solely on him. Helloooooo CBC, his story is the ideal stuff that fluffs are made of! I hope at the very least the network will go into detail about how Jeff became his choreographer since they like to "use" star athletes to sell figure skating to non-fans in Canada.

I tried my best. For once, Fedor wore an understated costume for the short program. He wore all black with a simple belt. He performed to bluesy music. Brian Orser was coaching him at the boards along with his mother. He landed a great triple axel in the warm-up but had to step out of it during the performance. The program is the most COP savvy # he has ever done. His spins have improved. His facial expressions showed lots of angst - he could out-act those ice dancers! Before the warm-up of Fedor's group, guess who came and sat in right in front of me??? Yes, Tessa and her mother! Maria Z joined them after Fedor skated and they discussed his performance and a bit about the costume. Then Fedor appeared with his giant skate bag and joined them. I was a bit too distracted to watch what was on the ice... Bev Smith (globe & mail reporter) came over and interviewed Maria Z. Then Fedor realized that he had a "tv thing" and ran out! He brushed by me! Bev Smith then interviewed Tessa. Competition was over and we all left to find something to eat!!

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I tried my best. For once, Fedor wore an understated costume for the short program. He wore all black with a simple belt. He performed to bluesy music. Brian Orser was coaching him at the boards along with his mother. He landed a great triple axel in the warm-up but had to step out of it during the performance. The program is the most COP savvy # he has ever done. His spins have improved. His facial expressions showed lots of angst - he could out-act those ice dancers! Before the warm-up of Fedor's group, guess who came and sat in right in front of me??? Yes, Tessa and her mother! Maria Z joined them after Fedor skated and they discussed his performance and a bit about the costume. Then Fedor appeared with his giant skate bag and joined them. I was a bit too distracted to watch what was on the ice... Bev Smith (globe & mail reporter) came over and interviewed Maria Z. Then Fedor realized that he had a "tv thing" and ran out! He brushed by me! Bev Smith then interviewed Tessa. Competition was over and we all left to find something to eat!!

Okay you are G-d sent on a snowy day, and I just fell over reading that....so what was the post program reaction?

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
aarower, you are officially a deity in my eyes!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your updates on the Fedorizer!!!

For once, Fedor wore an understated costume for the short program.

I don't think all of his SP outfits were flamboyant; last year's was very handsome, IMHO. :love:

He wore all black with a simple belt.

OMG, that sounds similar to Shawn Sexy Sawyer's LP costume! :laugh: (I had asked rhetorically on another thread if Fedor's new skating wardrobe would match Shawn's "Amadeus" attire in terms of hotness.)

He performed to bluesy music.

Interesting choice! Not that there's anything wrong with classical music, but Fedor went down that route far too often. It's fantastic that he's trying something different! :thumbsup:

Brian Orser was coaching him at the boards along with his mother.

Holy moly, Brian Orser is his new coach??? :eek: (I mean that in a good way.) I had no idea that he had left Callaghan. OMG, what a team Fedor has behind him: Orser, Marina Z. and Jeff Buttle. He's a champion in the making!!!

He landed a great triple axel in the warm-up but had to step out of it during the performance.

Oh, it's too bad about the 3-Axel. :frown: He would be the leader if he had landed it cleanly. I know from reading the protocols that he performed a nice one at EOS, so I'm sure this error was a fluke.

The program is the most COP savvy # he has ever done. His spins have improved.

I'm SO relieved to hear that Fedor is taking CoP more seriously! :yes: It looks like Jeff has successfully transferred some of his experience and knowledge about the new system to his protégé.

His facial expressions showed lots of angst - he could out-act those ice dancers!

That man was born to emote on the ice! :love: Marina Z. did an excellent job teaching her son how to be expressive with his skating. :clap:

Before the warm-up of Fedor's group, guess who came and sat in right in front of me??? Yes, Tessa and her mother! Maria Z joined them after Fedor skated and they discussed his performance and a bit about the costume. Then Fedor appeared with his giant skate bag and joined them. I was a bit too distracted to watch what was on the ice... Bev Smith (globe & mail reporter) came over and interviewed Maria Z. Then Fedor realized that he had a "tv thing" and ran out! He brushed by me! Bev Smith then interviewed Tessa. Competition was over and we all left to find something to eat!!

It looks like he and Tessa are still together after all! :) (I think they make a cute couple.) I don't know how you managed to stay in your seat after he brushed by you! I'd have to be carried out on a stretcher, lol. ;)

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Thanks for for update, arrower! Much appreciated!

That's very interesting. Does anyone know if Orser is now his main coach, with Callaghan being in Florida?

First of all I hope he is, secondly, Jeff said in an interview that he went to Michigan to work with Fedor and Tessa. So yes, I think that he has remained in Michigan with his mom and soughtout Brian Orser (that would be so awesome)

npa

Match Penalty
His facial expressions showed lots of angst - he could out-act those ice dancers!
I hope, that Tessa dont think so and still Skating with Scott - not with this sugar-boy :laugh:
And i think, she need spend more time with Scott on ice, than with Fedor at his competition
I hope, we could read her interwie and will know - did they with Scott start training on 100%
In all this situatuon i cant understand Marina- why Fedor need a girl from her group all time? :laugh:She could loose Olympic medal with such work

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So yes, I think that he has remained in Michigan with his mom and soughtout Brian Orser (that would be so awesome)

This new arrangement would make a lot more sense than moving down to Florida. I'm sure he's happy in Detroit, and it would be much more convenient for him to travel to Ontario to train with Orser and Jeff.

Although Fedor's jumps did improve considerably when he was with Callaghan, I think he needed a change. And what a change! :love: He has a Dream Team as far as I'm concerned!

I hope, that Tessa dont think so and still Skating with Scott - not with this sugar-boy :laugh:
And i think, she need spend more time with Scott on ice, than with Fedor at his competition

:rofl: I'm so envious of Tessa. She's dating a sugar-boy AND she's skating with a sugar-boy! Ah, if only the rest of us could so lucky...

In all this situatuon i cant understand Marina- why Fedor need a girl from her group all time? :laugh:She could loose Olympic medal with such work

I know you already read this comment, but I'll repeat it for the others:

I strongly suspect Fedor has an Oedipus complex because he's currently dating Tessa Virtue, who is also one of Marina Z.'s students. Fedor and Tessa have been together for over a year. It's obvious that he adores his mother, and I guess he's subconsciously attracted to women who remind him of her (i.e. pretty ice dancers :p).

I think the poor guy can't help himself! :laugh: Marina Z. probably knows all too well that her son is a hopeless case. ;)

Last edited:

geoskate

On the Ice
So far, Canada has no notable star juniors who will carry on after 2010.

How could we know that yet? If by 'star juniors' you mean skaters who would be on the JGP circuit after 2010, I think it's too early to tell yet. Skaters at the ages between 14 and 16 can improve at lot in quite a short period of time.

If on the other had you mean skaters in junior who would be stars on the senior Grand Prix - well those skaters already exist except they are already skating senior or will be shortly (Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds and Ellaj Balde, off the top of my head).

npa

Match Penalty
I'm so envious of Tessa. She's dating a sugar-boy AND she's skating with a sugar-boy! Ah, if only the rest of us could so lucky...
Oh, i think, that Scott not a "sugar-boy" - he is normal guy with greate sense of humour - its much better, than sugar :rofl:
Tessa is really lucky - i hope she understand this :biggrin:
I hope, that Scott have sugar-girl too :biggrin:Its very sad, if he still along, when Tessa is with her Ken :rofl:
As for Fedor and his mom skaters - maybe she find girls to him? Champions, reall beautifull (Tanith, than Tessa)

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Alright you guys, let's focus on the skating....

CONGRADULATIONS to FEDOR ANDREEV for winning the Senior Challenge.

Anyone with any further details, PICTURES, would be greatly appreciated.

npa

Match Penalty
Alright you guys, let's focus on the skating....

CONGRADULATIONS to FEDOR ANDREEV for winning the Senior Challenge.

Anyone with any further details, PICTURES, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for information!
What about dance?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh, i think, that Scott not a "sugar-boy" - he is normal guy with greate sense of humour - its much better, than sugar :rofl:

In my wacky universe, all good-looking and talented male figure skaters are sugar boys! :p

I hope, that Scott have sugar-girl too :biggrin:Its very sad, if he still along, when Tessa is with her Ken :rofl:

I'm really surprised that Scott is still single. No doubt he has a lot of fan girls who want to throw themselves at him! :laugh:

As for Fedor and his mom skaters - maybe she find girls to him? Champions, reall beautifull (Tanith, than Tessa)

Nah, I seriously doubt his mother encourages these pairings (things might get a little messy if the relationship ends badly). Anyways, it's not like Fedor needs her help; I suspect those gorgeous ice dancers can't resist his charm and come-hither looks. ;)

Btw, does anyone have updates about his LP? I'm DYING to know!!! :biggrin: