Status
Not open for further replies.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Especially for @Ruthypegs

As Katarina Delcamp & Billy Wilson-French will sadly no longer be competing together in Juniors, and Billy is training in Scarboro with I.D.E. Christopher Dean is now working with Eleanor Hirst & Antony Currie officially GB No.2 Seniors.

Last edited:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

As Katarina Delcamp & Billy Wilson-French will sadly no longer be competing together in Juniors, and Billy is training in Scarboro with I.D.E. Christopher Dean is now working with Eleanor Hirst & Antony Currie officially GB No.2 Seniors.

Thanks, @La Rhumba ! I was there at the rink today, but just missed all this excitement! How lucky are we in Sheffield, to have Mark Hanretty, Christopher Dean and Anthony and Eleanor all teaching at the rink - amazing!

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Contacted BIS TV to ask if Britannia Cup International Aug 26 -28 will be livestreamed?

Hi, Im not sure yet. BIS have not yet released the streaming schedule. I will try to find out

So, BIS still not released tickets for the GP in November either, but asking for Volunteers. If you live locally in Sheffield or can travel and stay, your chance to volunteer and see a bit of Skating. Contact BIS.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I was looking for the full cast list of this year's Hot Ice Show in Blackpool as I know PJ Hallam is in it, former Finnish Champion Oula Jaaskelainen choreographed it, the shows called Rapture, but reviews never mention cast names, just an international group of 30 skaters,

Anyway, here are a couple of reviews, the first one goes into the history of the Hot Ice shows and the Arena.

This review describes the artistic merits of the show more and is clearly written by a Theatre reviewer.

You may have seen on social media all the Northern based Coaches and many skaters have been to see it, and what's great is that the Arena is used for training purposes for local skaters in the morning.

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just popping in to say the Entries are out for the Britannia International 26-28 Aug. No word on livestreaming but BIS only put tickets on sale at 5pm yesterday. We're chatting about it on the dedicated thread if you'd like to join.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wonder who the TBA Men's skater will be? PJ (back from retirement)?, Ed Appleby or Freddy (from Juniors)?

I think Ed Appleby is the likely one.

Just saw in the GP Entries thread over in The Edge - Ed did get it.

Thank you to @Andrea82 for letting us know. :cheer: :clap: :points:

:thank:

Still no word on who is replacing Walsh / Michaud in Pairs, though.

Let's hope that Lydia and Harry perform really well in Sheffield next week. If they do, it might make some people take notice for November...

I know, after being passed over for a host pick, they're unlikely to get in now under the normal rules. But, we can still dream! :)

CaroLiza_fan

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Just saw in the GP Entries thread over in The Edge - Ed did get it.

Thank you to @Andrea82 for letting us know. :cheer: :clap: :points:

:thank:

Still no word on who is replacing Walsh / Michaud in Pairs, though.

Let's hope that Lydia and Harry perform really well in Sheffield next week. If they do, it might make some people take notice for November...

I know, after being passed over for a host pick, they're unlikely to get in now under the normal rules. But, we can still dream! :)

CaroLiza_fan
Despite saying that I thought Edward Appleby would get it I am a little surprised because he was still a substitute on the junior Grand Prix and you cannot do both the junior Grand Prix and the senior Grand Prix in the same season.

I am happy though because he has a lot of talent.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

I had no idea they had split. Such a shame we never to got to see them compete.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
6pm today isn’t it? I almost forgot. I really want to go…

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
6pm today isn’t it? I almost forgot. I really want to go…
It is. I'm counting down the hours and desperately hoping the tickets won't be five hundred quid... It would be nice of BIS to let us know in advance so we can plan.

Reactions: DSQ

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
It is. I'm counting down the hours and desperately hoping the tickets won't be five hundred quid... It would be nice of BIS to let us know in advance so we can plan.
I hope they emulate Internationaux de France and make tickets really affordable - I paid about 15 Euros a day for tickets there in 2018.

icybear

Medalist
Welp! Ticket prices are in and they are unforgiving. £110 for the whole day on Sunday and that's only the ladies and dance fs. £50 just to watch practice day. I paid 30 euros in IDF one year for a whole day and saw skaters like Evgenia, Rika, Nathan. The prices here you would think they were hosting the worlds not a GP stage with a much weaker field of skaters. And considering they are hosting for the first time you would think they would keep the prices lower to attract fans in a non-skating enthusiastic country.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Welp! Ticket prices are in and they are unforgiving. £110 for the whole day on Sunday and that's only the ladies and dance fs. £50 just to watch practice day. I paid 30 euros in IDF one year for a whole day and saw skaters like Evgenia, Rika, Nathan. The prices here you would think they were hosting the worlds not a GP stage with a much weaker field of skaters. And considering they are hosting for the first time you would think they would keep the prices lower to attract fans in a non-skating enthusiastic country.
Assume venue with lack of seating has something to do with it. Either way, I know plenty who are priced out.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Unfortunately I had issues - the badly designed website meant I couldn't get the tickets I wanted and ultimately, I couldn't justify the huge prices for a weekend ticket. Gutted, because some of my favourite skaters are going to be there but I just felt so ripped off and couldn't go through with it. While I love some of the skaters, this isn't like past GP events with massive names that I could perhaps force myself to part with my money for.

For a venue that isn't really set up for events of this scale, it just felt like too much money for me. I'm hopeful that I'll get another chance in the future - perhaps a trip to Europe next year. I think the worries about bills going up and up and the sickenly high price of the tickets just conflated for me.

Sorry to be so negative, I'm just really disappointed with the whole thing and in a time when it feels like everything is difficult and hard, I was so looking forward to it. I hope everyone else got their tickets and have an amazing time though!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
£275-300 for all-event tickets :eek: it's disappointing to see how high the prices are. It's a niche sport with a rare occasion to host, they should have made it more affordable...also barely any marketing, I think it will be a struggle to fill the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.